I quite like it but never actually seen one in the flesh
    An ad has offered me one that had just come into stock
    It’s a 4 hour round trip if I drive to view it
    Cheers

This https://postimg.cc/kRXq0wCk

- - - Updated - - -

This https://postimg.cc/kRXq0wCk

Master
    I’ve owned the SS version, and for me it felt too big on my 16cm wrists. It’s not a subtle watch and the TT model would be even louder.

Funnily enough though saw the TT version on Instagram being advertised for £13.5k, and I did think about it for a second before remembering it’s too big for me. Given the small premium I don’t think these are too hard to get new from AD’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Certainly not common at all. Somehow I feel it works but does take time for your wrist to get used to the heft. Same as the steel version probably.

Some may argue it is not common as it looks vulgar. I disagree!

TT for a Seadweller is sacrilege IMHO.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    I was of the same mindset when the TT was announced, but the Rolex are so far from being “tool” watches that it doesn’t matter anymore.

Master
    I like wearing large watches but this was a step too far...my every day watch is a 42mm Explorer but this thing does not sit flat on the wrist due to the case back being raised and therefore i could never get a comfortable fit.

Mine lasted 6 months before i bought something else.

Of course other opinions are available.

Is the case as deep as the deepsea sea dweller ?
    I found the deepsea too deep on the wrist

Quote Originally Posted by lenlec View Post
    Hi all anyone own one of these ? Any opinions on it
    I quite like it but never actually seen one in the flesh
    An ad has offered me one that had just come into stock
    It’s a 4 hour round trip if I drive to view it
    Cheers
    If you think the JC DSSD was difficult to get rid, wait until you try to move one of these on.

Don’t do it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by lenlec View Post
    Is the case as deep as the deepsea sea dweller ?
    I found the deepsea too deep on the wrist
    Don't quote me but i think the deepsea is 17.7 and the sea dweller is 15.5

Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post
    Don't quote me but i think the deepsea is 17.7 and the sea dweller is 15.5
    Cheers

As already said, I couldn't feel comfortable wearing mine either. Visually the bezel seemed a bit too thick and and very top heavy.

Master
    In a nutshell, if you buy a TT Rolex SD, you have spent a lot of money on something that looks dirt cheap.

Sorry to dump a load of photos but this is what I could find in the camera roll.

The SD43 isn't actually that thick. The watch itself is relatively thin, but the caseback does protrude a fair bit making the overall watch quite thick. With the DSSD however the entire thing is an unapologetic slab with the case and the caseback doesn't protrude out really.

If you want any specific side by sides I can probably get them on Saturday or Sunday. If like me you have a podgy wrist the caseback of the SD43 should melt into your arm.

Wileeeeeey. Much appreciated thanks

Journeyman
    I have one, bleddy love it.

I previously had a 6 digit Sub, but did not gel with the case shape and decided I wanted an older TT.
    I was originally looking at 5 digit Subs, but having become accustomed to wearing G-Shocks (for kayaking) and Garmins for other stuff the older Subs simply feel too small.

So I looked at the TT SD.

I like the heft and I have not experienced any of the discomfort some people talk about.

It’s way too bling for a dive watch, but I don't dive anyway, so I’m not really bothered that a TT SD is an absurd concept (it really is), I like it and that’s all that matters to me.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexG View Post
    It’s way too bling for a dive watch, but I don't dive anyway, so I’m not really bothered that a TT SD is an absurd concept (it really is),
    I thought that when it came out but then the TT Submariner is a well established model so I suppose it’s not that left field.

What an interesting thread, and thanks Wileeey for the comparison shots. I don't think I was fully aware of how large the DSSD is.

It shows how important case design is for achieving a comfortable fit. I've had a 42mm PO 8500 and that felt very top heavy, and was sold after not too long. My MM300 is if anything larger and heavier than the PO but is far more comfortable due to the slanted case. It can get away without a protruding caseback, being a monocoque design.

Different approaches to coping with depth.
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Master
    The SD43 wears a little smaller than the DSSD, but not greatly so IMHO. As for the two tone SD43, I tried one in my local AD last year, expecting to not like it, and I totally loved it. It may seem a tad odd to have a "tool" watch with gold but it really works for me. I say go for it.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

DSSD is best watch I’ve ever had and wished I’d not sold it

A TT version would be nice if at the right money I guess - I had the SD43 and that also sat nice

I’ve got big hands snd wrists mind

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Im of the same mindset. I also think it should have remained the only diver with a date and no date bubble...

Quote Originally Posted by michael.jaye View Post
    I was of the same mindset when the TT was announced, but the Rolex are so far from being “tool” watches that it doesn’t matter anymore.

I always thought that the SD was the last trace of rolex's "tool" watch heritage... then they made it bigger and stuck a "cyclops" on it... at this point they may as well do a full gold version with diamond markers and a rainbow jewelled bezel... someone will buy it...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbongo View Post
    I always thought that the SD was the last trace of rolex's "tool" watch heritage... then they made it bigger and stuck a "cyclops" on it... at this point they may as well do a full gold version with diamond markers and a rainbow jewelled bezel... someone will buy it...
    My thoughts too! Shouldn't have been released.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbongo View Post
    Hard to disagree with that. A bloated Sub I believe was the phrase at the time of release.

Each to their own of course and if the OP likes it enough, why not, life is even more uncertain these days and so what difference does it really make in the end.

Enjoy!

Although I prefer the aesthetics of a cyclops free crystal, I was finding it increasingly frustrating not be able to read the unmagnified date with my middle aged eyes. In balance I’m glad I went for the SD43. A little disappointing to see Rolex making a TT Seadweller and now a TT explorer 1 but no one is making me buy one.

Master
    To OP...have you made a decision.

If undecided you may as well make the trip and then you can be sure in your own mind.

Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post
    To OP...have you made a decision.

If undecided you may as well make the trip and then you can be sure in your own mind.
    Hi. Yes after some great pointers and pics I’ve decided to leave it
    Cheers andy
    Last edited by lenlec; 16th July 2021 at 10:50.

Quote Originally Posted by michael.jaye View Post

Agree, modern Rolex professional models are way too blingy, even in steel, to be considered as tool watches anymore.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
    Last edited by zen123; 17th July 2021 at 14:00.

Just seen this, and I know you've made your decision OP. I have the 16600 and SD43 and I previously owned the SDc - I sold the SDc as just uncomfortable (bracelet too narrow for head), and I actually find the SD43 the most comfortable of the 3. And my wrist is below average at 6.75". Just finished 3 hours in the garden, mowing and hedge trimming wearing this. So, definitely horses for courses.

Having owned Subs, Sd's and the DSSD's, I can honestly state that the SD43 is IMHO perfect for an every day go to watch. This is because of the fact it has the cyclops date eye and for me at 57 is perfect.
    After this the tritium 16600 is the ultimate with the bomb proof DSSD being close behind.

Thanks.

Keith.

I know you've turned it down now but in case anyone else is interested.

Latest Sub ND 41, SD43 MKII, latest D-Blue with the wider bracelet.

Don't ask me what the level pic is about - I'm clearly bored out of my mind and avoiding some evening chores. I use it to keep my laptop off the desk to help with overheating.

Master
    The sd43 is noticeably slimmer than the DSSD. Wearing mine this week, but prefer the DSSD tbh.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk