closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tag Heuer 2000 series Quartz Chrono not working - advice please

Blog Entries

Tag Heuer 2000 series Quartz Chrono not working - advice please

As thread title, I have a Tag Heuer 2000 series Quartz Chrono Professional 200M Divers watch - it's model CK1110-0. I bought this new from the Tag outlet in Gretna Green back in 2006. TBH nostalgia got the better of me, as in the mid 90s I always lusted after similar Tag Chronos but couldn't justify the expense and seeing it at the outlet reminded me of those times.

Anyway, enough rambling....I very rarely wear this, so it's in good condition as it's been it's box pretty much since I bought it. I did have the battery changed about 5-6 years ago when the second hand started to "jump", notifiying me of a low battery. I recently took it out to check it and it's stopped completely. So popped down to the local Timpson/watch repair guy and he checked and said the battery was good/OK and that it probably needed a service or sent to Tag for checking out. The starting price for a quartz service at Timpson (at their service centre) would be £150+ and take around 2-3 weeks. I imagine Tag would want at least double that...

Appreciate if you could give some advice on what my options might be? Is there anything I can do to check things first? I don't really want to potentially fork out a couple of hundred £s on a watch that might be worth a similar amount.

P.S. I do have case back opener and some other jewellers tools, so happy to attempt basic stuff.

Library pic.

It’s well worth spending some money on, these watches are becoming quite sought after.

I had a tag serviced by Duncan at Genesis for around the same as Timpsons are quoting you.

It might be worth trying to find out what the base movement is, years ago I had a Breitling Colt quartz chrono that died, the movement was a easily found ETA one that cost me £50 new, plus £25 to get my watchmaker to fit. I suspect your movement will be just as generic. If you are happy to get the back off, there will be a movement number in there somewhere.
    Cheers..
    Jase

If the Timpson place didn't actually replace the battery, I'd at least try a fresh new one. Be careful of the exposed coils when attempting this. Movement is ETA 251.262 I think, some info including hand resetting here https://www.manualslib.com/products/...-10329140.html

TT

Don't under any circumstances give it to Timpsons. Get it serviced by a quality indy, there's loads on the forum. It's a lovely watch.

Blog Entries
    Thanks guys - I'll check out some of the watch repairers on the forum and send it off to one of them.

Cheers.

Master
    As already mentioned I'd certainly try a new battery myself first just to make sure. If not then well worth fixing as they're classics. I love the 2000 range and the WK1110 was my first decent watch in 1996. I still wear it from time to time and added an ana-digi version a few years back from SC.

Cheers
    Neil

I’ve got a white dialled version and used to send it back to Tag for a battery, think the last time was around £85 about 10 years ago. Never had a problem with the watch, then changed the battery myself for the last few times, ended up costing about £2 a change. If the sub dials don’t line up then there is a way of adjusting them, just can’t remember how!

This was my first expensive watch which I bought when I got my first job after University, this was my treat to myself!

Quote Originally Posted by andyjay View Post
    If the sub dials don’t line up then there is a way of adjusting them, just can’t remember how!
    Depending on which sub dial or hand, use either the top or bottom pusher and different crown positions

Quote Originally Posted by jneds View Post
    As already mentioned I'd certainly try a new battery myself first just to make sure. If not then well worth fixing as they're classics. I love the 2000 range and the WK1110 was my first decent watch in 1996. I still wear it from time to time and added an ana-digi version a few years back from SC.

Cheers
    Neil
    Always loved the ana-digi