closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Issues following secondhand bike purchase from main dealer - advice please

Threaded View

Issues following secondhand bike purchase from main dealer - advice please

Just looking for some advice please.

I bought a bike from a main dealer. This bike is not part of their normal brand. I didn't ride the bike beforehand due to nervousness about riding a bigger bike in an unfamiliar environment.

The bike was advertised as having a comfort seat. I asked the salesman twice and he said 'as far as he knew'.

I collect said bike yestersay. Turns out the the quickshifter does not work. I know now that the QS light has to be on for it to be working and if the light is off its not working. Totally opposite to most of the other warning lights and my old KTM.

I also find out that the seat is the ordinary one and the comfort seat looks different and has the relevant tab saying comfort.

Just before I go mad am I correct that the QS should be covered by their warranty?

Also what is my position wrt the comfort seat. Should they be providing one or is it my responsibility to have checked. Part of the reason of buying from a main dealer was my perception that is should be hassle free and less for me to worry about.

Also I was surprised that their idea of a clean was a quick spray over.

Thanks for any advice.
    Last edited by samswatch; 12th July 2021 at 20:04.