closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex 126610 LV - Green Bezel Sub - Where?

Master

Rolex 126610 LV - Green Bezel Sub - Where?

Ok just a few weeks ago I bought my wife a Tudor 36mm Black Bay (Silver dial). It's a really neat watch. While researching that watch I started to really, really take a liking to the new 41mm Sub.

I have asked the same AD whether I can put my name in for a 126610 LV. He said that he is not accepting any preorders as he has a crazy backlog going back 5 years on Rolex Subs.

See, back in 2011 (I think) I remember seeing on display the very last 16610 LV at retail from same AD just before they were discontinued. I enquired but was let down he will not offer any discount what so ever, which was the norm back then, so I just walked away. How things change. I should have bought it....and another truck load of them.

I'm really liking the 41mm Sub and the black dial, green bezel combo like the original 16610 LV, which is very nice indeed. The larger 21mm bracelet & AR coated crystal solve 2 other pet peeves I had with the ceramic subs. I never liked the maxi dial Subs enough. Even if I manage to buy one, I am not sure whether I can get myself to actually wear and enjoy a 9K Euro watch, which is way more than I ever paid for a watch, but that's a story for another time. I can always move it on for no loss (a profit actually!) if I decide I cannot get myself to wear it as it should be worn. I don't baby my watches and in my small collection of 10 watches, of which 5 are tool watches from Casio, Seiko & Citizen which I intend to keep forever, I make it a point to wear and enjoy all my watches as they were intended to.

I am willing to wait, and can also accept if AD wants to keep my warranty card for say a year, but I will not pay a Euro over retail. I do not have that kind of disposable cash to burn. Can you suggest a source where I can put my name in for one? I am as serious as they come.

Many thanks in advance.

You’re joking right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In short, every AD in the world will have the equivalent of a 5 year+ waiting list and will provide the watches they get to high spenders or people they have a relationship with, as opposed to going down the list in order.

You said yourself you are happy to pay €9k because you can sell it for a profit if you change your mind hence why they are so hard to get.

Your best best is to be persistent with the AD you recently bought the Tudor with, try another staff member for example.

Master
    I cant really help you here, but all I can say is try your best to become a customer of the AD and start a relationship. I purchased this exact watch the 126610LV in October and Ill tell you its worth it. Strangly the watch seems to wear smaller than the previous one. The watch isnt "rare" per se. ADs do get shippments of them. You just need to try and get on the list by becoming a client somehow. Best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    You’re joking right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sadly, I think this is the most accurate response you will get.

Buy grey-market and accept you will get buggered on the cost, if having the Rolex is that important for you, or move away to another brand.
    No other option, really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Master
    Blog Entries
    I mean you've seen what they are selling for pre owned right? That shows the likelihood of picking one up from an AD.

It's not just lovers of green subs that are buying these. It's lovers of money. If anything sells for over £10k of the retail price your not going to be able to walk in and buy it.

It could be a tin of beans. If beans were selling for £10,000.50 you would bet your life that you couldn't buy them beans from the shop.

Equally if watches were selling well below retail the dealers would offer you discount to encourage you to buy it new.

My advice is buy something else until the craziness ends. Because it will and people will be sat holding a £20k steel sub.

I'm surprised by the naivety of your question, given your length of membership (although I accept not everyone spends most of their waking hours on here reading tedious Rolex threads). Your chances of picking an LVc up at retail in the near future is close to zero. Either go grey or accept a long wait.

Master
    See if you can bag a GT3 at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    If you find an AD who’ll get you one at list can you get one for me too?

Craftsman
    I think flaming the OP is a wee bit much - Buddy, it looks like you’ve been away from the Rolex market for a bit.

Honestly, for a sought after sub it’s highly unlikely (close to zero) that you’ll be offered one by any AD unless you’ve a substantial previous spend with them. Even getting on a list for one will take significant spend, and that still won’t guarantee you’ll get one. Your best chance is to get one from a grey dealer, but then you’ve the misfortune of having to pay grey dealer prices. I suspect that will your best chance of getting your hands on one.

What kaiserphoenix said OP, ignore the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    I'm surprised by the naivety of your question, given your length of membership (although I accept not everyone spends most of their waking hours on here reading tedious Rolex threads). Your chances of picking an LVc up at retail in the near future is close to zero. Either go grey or accept a long wait.
    X2

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by buddy13 View Post
    can also accept if AD wants to keep my warranty card for say a year,
    Think they stopped that charade a couple of years ago.

Can you suggest a source where I can put my name in for one? I am as serious as they come.
    As others have said, no chance whatsoever.
    Last edited by David_D; 22nd February 2022 at 00:25.

Master
    Thanks for all replies.

I am sorry if my question was a bit naive, but was trying to see if there was any light at all, as for me this is extraordinary.

I cannot believe how people are paying almost twice retail on a watch that is already pushing the envelope at Retail.

I mean when I had a 16610, 14060M or 16600 I remember holding them in my hand and saying to myself how is this watch worth so much (around 5K Euro back then)?

Don't get me wrong the proportions are perfect, the movement a real jewel, the finish top notch and so on. But I mean, even if I was a multi-millionaire, I would never pay 12K for a beaten up 14060M! It is simply and very clearly not worth that much, whatever the market is willing to pay for it. FFS even Rolex themselves thought so when they made it! When they went for the 6 digit I bought a 116610 & 114060M. The upgraded clasp, new lume, larger plots etc gave it a better feel and brought it along with the times, even made the price pill somewhat easier to swallow, but I never warmed up to the maxi case. I bought them at a slight discount and still felt a bit ripped off by Rolex tbh.

It's a crazy world out there. I cannot & will not compete with people who sh** money, just to get a watch I happen to like. In the end I understand it's take it or leave it and I'm not complaining :). For me, I will just leave it then. There are many other nice watches to aspire to and will rest in the knowledge that I will not be comfortable diving in a 9K Euro watch, let alone a 9K Euro watch that I bought for 16K.

Master
    It's a crazy world out there. I cannot & will not compete with people who sh** money, just to get a watch I happen to like. In the end I understand it's take it or leave it and I'm not complaining :). For me, I will just leave it then. There are many other nice watches to aspire to and will rest in the knowledge that I will not be comfortable diving in a 9K Euro watch, let alone a 9K Euro watch that I bought for 16K.
    Think a lot of us are of the same view, to be fair. Very expensive (for what they are) even at list - which I might be able to stomach but, cold light of day, not worth to me what they sell for in the secondary market.

Thanks for all replies.

I am sorry if my question was a bit naive, but was trying to see if there was any light at all, as for me this is extraordinary.

I cannot believe how people are paying almost twice retail on a watch that is already pushing the envelope at Retail.

I mean when I had a 16610, 14060M or 16600 I remember holding them in my hand and saying to myself how is this watch worth so much (around 5K Euro back then)?

Don't get me wrong the proportions are perfect, the movement a real jewel, the finish top notch and so on. But I mean, even if I was a multi-millionaire, I would never pay 12K for a beaten up 14060M! It is simply and very clearly not worth that much, whatever the market is willing to pay for it. FFS even Rolex themselves thought so when they made it! When they went for the 6 digit I bought a 116610 & 114060M. The upgraded clasp, new lume, larger plots etc gave it a better feel and brought it along with the times, even made the price pill somewhat easier to swallow, but I never warmed up to the maxi case. I bought them at a slight discount and still felt a bit ripped off by Rolex tbh.

Genuine question, if you saw a €9k watch from another brand that you really liked but didn’t hold its value like Rolex (e.g if you tried to sell you’d get €5-6k) would you buy it?

Quote Originally Posted by thestore View Post
    Genuine question, if you saw a €9k watch from another brand that you really liked but didn’t hold its value like Rolex (e.g if you tried to sell you’d get €5-6k) would you buy it?
    I’m sure you would buy it preowned in that scenario surely?

I have a 126610LV. Not for sale, lol. The 41mm is the most comfortable watch I've worn and when I reduce to one watch, which I will, this is the watch I'm keeping. I love blue on a watch but this Cermit, Starbucks or whatever else crap name it gets its just bloody lovely. Got it via grey and a Pepsi in the same deal against my gold Sub. Both are already spiralling out of sanity. It's what it is and I accept I'm a turd.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    I’m sure you would buy it preowned in that scenario surely?
    Yes personally I would. My question was more in relation to the OPs comment if they can’t bring them to wearing the LV they can sell it for a profit, which is the exact reason they are so hard to get hold of.

I can say the 126610LV is a gorgeous watch.
    Many people pay over retail, because they value time more than money.
    The rate I’ve seen family friends and family die from cancer recently, i can understand that view.

There are no pockets in a shroud, and all that!

Good luck to you, and I hope you get the piece you’re after.

Ok just a few weeks ago I bought my wife a Tudor 36mm Black Bay (Silver dial). It's a really neat watch. While researching that watch I started to really, really take a liking to the new 41mm Sub.

I have asked the same AD whether I can put my name in for a 126610 LV. He said that he is not accepting any preorders as he has a crazy backlog going back 5 years on Rolex Subs.

See, back in 2011 (I think) I remember seeing on display the very last 16610 LV at retail from same AD just before they were discontinued. I enquired but was let down he will not offer any discount what so ever, which was the norm back then, so I just walked away. How things change. I should have bought it....and another truck load of them.

I'm really liking the 41mm Sub and the black dial, green bezel combo like the original 16610 LV, which is very nice indeed. The larger 21mm bracelet & AR coated crystal solve 2 other pet peeves I had with the ceramic subs. I never liked the maxi dial Subs enough. Even if I manage to buy one, I am not sure whether I can get myself to actually wear and enjoy a 9K Euro watch, which is way more than I ever paid for a watch, but that's a story for another time. I can always move it on for no loss (a profit actually!) if I decide I cannot get myself to wear it as it should be worn. I don't baby my watches and in my small collection of 10 watches, of which 5 are tool watches from Casio, Seiko & Citizen which I intend to keep forever, I make it a point to wear and enjoy all my watches as they were intended to.

I am willing to wait, and can also accept if AD wants to keep my warranty card for say a year, but I will not pay a Euro over retail. I do not have that kind of disposable cash to burn. Can you suggest a source where I can put my name in for one? I am as serious as they come.

Many thanks in advance.
    That reason for wanting one - is the very reason you cannot get one……………………

Craftsman
    I completely agree - it’s as if people have overlooked the fact that they’re pretty basic three handers, and there are fair better watches available for what Rolex charge for RRP, let alone the prices that are being asked
    on the grey market.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thestore View Post
    Of course. I bought a new Emperor Tuna for 3,500 Euro last December. I wanted it new from Japan. I might not get 2,000 Euro if I sell it today.

I have made many expensive mistakes trust me! One of them was the 114060M believe it or not. Bought the first one the AD had at full retail was well over 5K Euro at the time. Sold it just months later for 4K Euro.

Certainly wish I kept it and sold it (or traded for 126610 LV) today!
    Last edited by buddy13; 24th February 2022 at 11:53.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    That reason for wanting one - is the very reason you cannot get one……………………
    You're wrong. If I get one at retail, I will almost surely keep it.

It's such a beautiful watch. One of the most beautiful dive watches at any price, if you ask me.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mjrennie View Post
    I have a 126610LV. Not for sale, lol. The 41mm is the most comfortable watch I've worn and when I reduce to one watch, which I will, this is the watch I'm keeping. I love blue on a watch but this Cermit, Starbucks or whatever else crap name it gets its just bloody lovely. Got it via grey and a Pepsi in the same deal against my gold Sub. Both are already spiralling out of sanity. It's what it is and I accept I'm a turd.
    You did great!

The 126610LV is most magnificent in my eyes. After being in the watch world for so long, I know very well what I like and don't like, and I like everything about the watch.

If I, like you, had kept 1 or 2 Rolex I had bought at retail and could today trade them for it, I certainly would. But I'm not in that position unfortunately and that's ok. I've made a few worse mistakes.

You're wrong. If I get one at retail, I will almost surely keep it.

It's such a beautiful watch. One of the most beautiful dive watches at any price, if you ask me.
    Really? I quoted what you wrote, and if you extrapolate - that is the MO of so many buyers, that create the situation you/we are in.

You did great!

The 126610LV is most magnificent in my eyes. After being in the watch world for so long, I know very well what I like and don't like, and I like everything about the watch.

If I, like you, had kept 1 or 2 Rolex I had bought at retail and could today trade them for it, I certainly would. But I'm not in that position unfortunately and that's ok. I've made a few worse mistakes.
    It is really lovely. The Pepsi seems to be more sought after if you accept the crazy prices but the Submariner is so much more attractive to me.

Craftsman
    Interesting proposal here that Rolex, by at least one definition and common accepted practice, is no longer actually a retail brand....

https://www.watchpro.com/corders-col...ail-brand/?amp

Quote Originally Posted by boywithabubblegun View Post
    Interesting proposal here that Rolex, by at least one definition and common accepted practice, is no longer actually a retail brand....

https://www.watchpro.com/corders-col...ail-brand/?amp

He opines: "Rather than allocate watches to the customers that have bought most in the past, dealers could be forced to sell to new customers that have never bought a Rolex before."

ha-ha-ha-ha-
    ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha- where was I? Oh yeah.......... ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha

I'm skeptical that someone who has in recent years owned and sold three stainless steel Rolex dive watches could be so naive.

Blog Entries
    I struggle with this whole concept. Lovely watch but why buy stuff you don't want to establish a relationship. Grey prices are high but would get you what you want

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk