closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Incoming! - JLC Tribute to Polaris

Incoming! - JLC Tribute to Polaris

Hi all,
    This is a watch I’ve been looking at for years on and off. one came up a while ago on SC but I couldn’t get to Dubai during lockdown! I’ve always been interested in memovox’s and am a big JLC fan but never brave enough to commit.

So I have waited and waited and found an excuse to get this for my 50th. I have also deliberated and agonised over getting a 50th anniversary model or the newer Mariner Memovox, in the end the vintage feel and look of the Tribute version won me over. (This one also benefited from a full JLC service so I feel happier about choosing an ‘older’ watch)

Although a ‘deep’ watch at 17mm it wears easier than you would think for and I couldn’t be happier with my choice. It’s tricky to photograph because of the depths of the domed crystal as well but here’s a couple of shots for this of you who might like this sort of thing!

The alarm isn’t a novelty and I find myself using it on dog walks and afternoon naps! Not sure I’ll take it diving though.
    It’s not to everyone’s tastes but All in all I think it’s pretty cool and I’m pleased with it and just wanted to share

Hope you like it too
    D

Very classy piece and agree the alarm function is very useful and the sound unique….

Enjoy…

I have a Tribute to the DeepSea (Euro version) and it’s a cracking watch.

I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Incoming! - JLC Tribute to Polaris

A landmark watch, huge congrats!

Tried their current ‘tribute’ offering (no alarm function) the other day and was very impressed - imagine this!

Enoy!

Yeah, that’ll do very nicely. Looks great, love domed crystals.

It looks hardly worn, how old is it?

A fantastic choice, the modern version just doesn’t do it for me despite initially being very keen to get one when they first came out.
    Hopefully the crystal doesn’t scratch too easily for you….you just know it’s a known issue when they give you a free one in the box!

Master
    Blog Entries
    It looks great, the crystal especially.

Superb watches, congrats on the landmark and the selection!

Love it. I am a Longines Legend Diver man so I am very keen on the aesthetic. I'd love one of these one day. I bet the alarm is really handy.

Quote Originally Posted by PCP View Post
    Yeah, that’ll do very nicely. Looks great, love domed crystals.

It looks hardly worn, how old is it?
    It’s a 2009 watch but with a JLC service including new crystal and strap, so looks brand new

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    A fantastic choice, the modern version just doesn’t do it for me despite initially being very keen to get one when they first came out.
    Hopefully the crystal doesn’t scratch too easily for you….you just know it’s a known issue when they give you a free one in the box!
    true. Having little or no bezel and a high dome means that it’s got little protection but that’s how it is!

Quote Originally Posted by ped View Post
    Love it. I am a Longines Legend Diver man so I am very keen on the aesthetic. I'd love one of these one day. I bet the alarm is really handy.
    I like nearly all Compressor cases, they have a certain something. One thing the JLC does well is the comparatively short lug to lug sizing; which helps it sit closer to the wrist.
    Whether the novelty of the alarm will wear off I don’t know but I think it is pretty cool

Quote Originally Posted by daveyw View Post
    I like nearly all Compressor cases, they have a certain something. One thing the JLC does well is the comparatively short lug to lug sizing; which helps it sit closer to the wrist.
    Whether the novelty of the alarm will wear off I don’t know but I think it is pretty cool
    They neatly straddle the 'tool' and 'dress' style in my book; making them a truly flexible design. The three crowns look amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by daveyw View Post
    It’s a 2009 watch but with a JLC service including new crystal and strap, so looks brand new
    It does, excellent condition. And making a strong case for being the only watch needed.