closing tag is in template navbar
Time Factors Watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: iphone 6S problem, please help!

  1. #1
    Grand Master Neil.C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    SE England
    Posts
    25,436

    iphone 6S problem, please help!

    As above, iphone 6S is stuck in a reboot loop.

    Comes into the Apple loading screen and then turns itself off to a black screen and then repeats ad nauseum.

    Tried pressing power and home button together, didn't work.

    Tried plugging it into the computer to connect to itunes to restart but because it won't turn on properly the computer won't recognise it.

    Any help from you boffins out there?

    Thanks.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

    My Speedmaster website:

    http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

  2. #2
    Grand Master magirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Up North hinny
    Posts
    36,738
    Did you have iTunes open when you connected the phone and did you hold down the buttons for at least a full 10 seconds Neil?

  3. #3
    Grand Master Neil.C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    SE England
    Posts
    25,436
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    Did you have iTunes open when you connected the phone and did you hold down the buttons for at least a full 10 seconds Neil?
    We did Bob, which is why it is so perplexing.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

    My Speedmaster website:

    http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

  4. #4
    Grand Master magirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Up North hinny
    Posts
    36,738
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    We did Bob, which is why it is so perplexing.

    I asked because that has worked for me in the past, I am now also perplexed!

  5. #5
    Craftsman SydR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Lothian.
    Posts
    521
    If you have a recent backup you may wish to skip straight to recovery mode, if possible, as restore the phone’s software.

    https://www.macrumors.com/how-to/for...s-and-earlier/

  6. #6
    Grand Master Neil.C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    SE England
    Posts
    25,436
    Quote Originally Posted by SydR View Post
    If you have a recent backup you may wish to skip straight to recovery mode, if possible, as restore the phone’s software.

    https://www.macrumors.com/how-to/for...s-and-earlier/
    Thanks.

    Trying to avoid total recovery so as not to lose photographs.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

    My Speedmaster website:

    http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

  7. #7
    Grand Master wileeeeeey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    11,037
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Thanks.

    Trying to avoid total recovery so as not to lose photographs.
    iCloud not turned on? No Google photos backup?

    I would log into iCloud from a browser and see the date of the latest photo.

    Sounds like the phone needs DFU so probably all gone anyway.

  8. #8
    Grand Master mart broad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    11,520
    Blog Entries
    5
    Have you called Apple i have always found them helpful.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

  9. #9
    Grand Master wileeeeeey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    11,037
    Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Have you called Apple i have always found them helpful.
    Zero chance an iphone 6S will be within AppleCare or AppleCare+ so any call to tech support wil be chargeable and won't give the OP anything more than what he's getting here/online in general.

  10. #10
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    England and Spain
    Posts
    5,291
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Zero chance an iphone 6S will be within AppleCare or AppleCare+ so any call to tech support wil be chargeable and won't give the OP anything more than what he's getting here/online in general.
    I had a similar issue with my Iphone 6s a couple of months ago. I took it into the local Apple shop and some young Geek took it off me and spent about 30 seconds tapping buttons and it was fixed.

    He did mention that it has probably got Apple support for at least another 6 months.

  11. #11
    Grand Master wileeeeeey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    11,037
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    I had a similar issue with my Iphone 6s a couple of months ago. I took it into the local Apple shop and some young Geek took it off me and spent about 30 seconds tapping buttons and it was fixed.

    He did mention that it has probably got Apple support for at least another 6 months.
    In store will be more than happy to help for free but not tech support by phone. The 6s came out in Sept 2015 and even assuming bought 3 years after launch its still out of warranty.

    Standard phone support is a max of 90 days.

  12. #12
    Grand Master Neil.C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    SE England
    Posts
    25,436
    Thanks everyone.

    The 'phone belongs to my youngest son's GF and she has now booked an appointment at the Apple store so hopefully they can sort it.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

    My Speedmaster website:

    http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Thanks everyone.

    The 'phone belongs to my youngest son's GF and she has now booked an appointment at the Apple store so hopefully they can sort it.
    The geeks will sort it for her for sure


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Grand Master wileeeeeey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    11,037
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweepinghand View Post
    The geeks will sort it for her for sure


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep but 95% chance of DFU mode and anything not backed up gone.

  15. #15

    Hard Shutdown

    Try a hard shutdown.

    Press and hold the home button and the sleep/wake button and keep holding them until the white apple logo appears then let go of the home button but keep holding the sleep/wake button.

    That should shut it down completely. Leave it overnight and then power it on and see how it is.

    Other forms of shutdown/restart don't actually unload the OS.

    Good luck.

    Darren.



    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    As above, iphone 6S is stuck in a reboot loop.

    Comes into the Apple loading screen and then turns itself off to a black screen and then repeats ad nauseum.

    Tried pressing power and home button together, didn't work.

    Tried plugging it into the computer to connect to itunes to restart but because it won't turn on properly the computer won't recognise it.

    Any help from you boffins out there?

    Thanks.

  16. #16
    Grand Master Neil.C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    SE England
    Posts
    25,436
    Quote Originally Posted by DPK71 View Post
    Try a hard shutdown.

    Press and hold the home button and the sleep/wake button and keep holding them until the white apple logo appears then let go of the home button but keep holding the sleep/wake button.

    That should shut it down completely. Leave it overnight and then power it on and see how it is.

    Other forms of shutdown/restart don't actually unload the OS.

    Good luck.

    Darren.
    Thanks Darren, very kind.

    I'll give her your info when she gets in from work.

    <fingers crossed>
    Cheers,
    Neil.

    My Speedmaster website:

    http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information