closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Reselling Silverstone GP tickets

Reselling Silverstone GP tickets

I'm seeking a bit of advice from those in the know, or with experience, about the legitimacy of reselling F1 tickets for next week's Silverstone GP weekend. I was planning on taking my F1 mad daughter along to her first GP but, sadly, we are not going to be able to go now, due to health reasons. I therefore have a couple of General Admission tickets for Saturday that I'd ideally like to move on to another F1 fan. Trouble is, the T&Cs on the tickets aren't entirely clear on whether or not they can legitimately be resold and, if they can, do they need to go through a recognised ticket resale agent? The tickets are electronic with no names on them, so presumably can be easily transferred, but I would like to be a little surer that any transfer would be OK, as I wouldn't want someone to buy them and then find that they couldn't get into the event on the day. ViaGoGo seem to offer a reselling service, but their T&Cs won't display for me, so I've delayed listed the tickets whilst I seek some further guidance...

I am not looking to make a profit from the tickets, but would like to recoup some of the cost involved, so that I can put it towards treating my daughter next year.

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Phil

I suspect that the T&Cs will tell you that technically they can’t be resold.

But, why not offer them on SC for face value? If the buyer can’t get in (for whatever reason), offer to refund them the value. Personally, I would avoid the ticket resellers/scalpers/touts.

Craftsman
    I sold some tickets back in 2018 for a similar reason, and the purchaser had no issues when using them.

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...d-Prix-Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by StackH View Post
    I sold some tickets back in 2018 for a similar reason, and the purchaser had no issues when using them.

Lots of stuff have changed since 2018 - reselling has been clamped down on big time due to profiteering and touts.

There may be a requirement to provide ID linked to the original ticket,
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Lots of stuff have changed since 2018 - reselling has been clamped down on big time due to profiteering and touts.

There may be a requirement to provide ID linked to the original ticket,
    Indeed, and having just had a read up on this years event it appears you’ll need proof of a negative test or vaccination so it’s more likely they’d notice a different name on the tickets.

And a fine time was had with them too 🙄

Indeed, and having just had a read up on this years event it appears you’ll need proof of a negative test or vaccination so it’s more likely they’d notice a different name on the tickets.
    I wouldn’t worry, given the cursory glance by the teenagers checking greasy, glaring sun mobile phone screens for texts from the NHS at Goodwood as people piled in you could have shown a happy birthday message from your gran and strolled in.

I don’t think there will be any issue, loads of corporate tickets must be distributed with no name associated.

Reselling Silverstone GP tickets

Almost all sport event tickets have the “no resale” clause and threat of checking ID but 99.9 percent don’t carry through with the threat. I really don’t think it would be an issue

Thanks for all of the comments. The one about FoS gate checks is spot on, as I went on Friday and agree that there was now requirement to show any ID to go with your Covid status.

I'm going to list them on SC then, and see if I get any takers.

Cheers, Phil