closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: A new incoming - my first kickstarter-backed job.

A new incoming - my first kickstarter-backed job.

I'd been thinking about a Gentaesque, integrated-bracelet number for a while and was all set to buy a Tissot PRX when the automatic version was announced, then I saw this crop up on the Microbrand group on Facebook. Did my due diligence - an Amsterdam-based, bricks and mortar company (they welcome clients to pick up purchases at their offices) with already one successful and sold-out watch behind them. Half the price of a Tissot and available at about the same time - except the Tissot is not available as it is sold out. Paid in March and the watch was delivered a couple of days ago, exactly on schedule.

I give you the Batavi Architect. All steel, integrated bracelet with quick-release end pieces, display back, Miyota 9039 movement - no date, no ghost position, 100m water resistance.

Came in a nice box

Three dial versions were available - blue steel, copper and walnut (yes made of wood!).

Good quality screwdriver for removing bracelet links and quick release adaptors for a leather strap (20mm).

39mm across, 10.6mm thick.

First impressions? A well-made watch offering good value for money at 400 Euros. I wish the dial had some texture to it rather than just flat steel.

I don't normally worry about watch size/wrist size - I happily wear a 34mm Smiths vintage, a 45mm Suunto and just about every diameter in between, but at 50mm between the extremities of the lugs, I can't help thinking it would be better suited to someone with bigger and/or flatter wrists than me. But I don't flip watches after 24 hours, I'll wear it for a while and see how it goes.

The wrist shot.

I think it looks very nice. I have smallish wrists and a watch with a case like that so I know what you mean about the fit, but I'd say that works well on your wrist FWIW. I agree about the dial but the indices and hands look nice.