closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Vertex Watches - MP45

Master

Vertex Watches - MP45

Here's a brand that's not talked about much here so thought I'd do a post and quick write up on my new acquisition. I got this MP45 delivered to me yesterday from Vertex along with the optional steel bracelet. I decided on the black dial automatic (they come in a white dial or a red accented dial and all are manual or automatic) as the slightly thicker case profile on the automatic didn't bother me at all and I'm not much a fan of having to manually wind my watch.

After years of wearing mostly Bremont I am slowly expanding my collection again. I had an Arrow not so long ago and on overall look, feel, dimensions I would happily give it to the MP45. I prefer the case design, the slightly smaller overall diameter, the BL lume and the raised sapphire crystal.

The watch itself comes on a leather strap but I changed it straight away for the rubber strap, which is really supple. A nato is also included plus spare spring bars. the straps and bracelet come with quick release pin bars. The packaging is utilitarian but much more useful in my opinion than a wooden box or leather wallet. It's a genuine Pelicase with dual layer plastazote. In the separately posted bracelet package I got a few extra "toys" too. The Vertex Illuminator (a UV torch, great for charging your lume), a Swiss army knife, a polishing cloth and a Wera screwdriver to change the links.

Overall I'm elated with it and it's not left my wrist much despite picking up the SGBN003 from SC yesterday as well! Don't expect to see it on SC any time soon. Here's a few pics for you to enjoy.

Master
    nice looking chrono that, love the numerals and the lume !

edit to add; bit surprised at the price of them but they do look very nice, i like that white version as well..
    Last edited by bry nylon; 10th July 2021 at 09:40.

Really liking that ,great Lume

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like this, a lot! When I get the chance I’ll be heading over to the website for more details. Does this come as a package or where the extras an additional purchase?

Can I get an opinion and/or picture of the bracelet at all?

Thanks for posting, really like the looks of this.

Jon.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by FellBasher View Post
    I like this, a lot! When I get the chance I’ll be heading over to the website for more details. Does this come as a package or where the extras an additional purchase?

Can I get an opinion and/or picture of the bracelet at all?

Thanks for posting, really like the looks of this.

Jon.
    Sure I'll upload some pics of the bracelet later. It's got a microadjustment on it which is a nice touch. The extras came that with the bracelet were the stickers, polishing cloth and screwdriver. I got the illuminator and knife separately.

Craftsman
    Great thread and choice.......I have the manual white version and love it.

I've been a fan of these for a good while now and I think your choice of the rubber strap is the pick of the bunch.

Congrats.

Craftsman
    Love the full like numerals on these. Be good to see the bracelet as well.

I have the manual version - and I love it…

Not considered the bracelet - would be interested to see what you think of it.

Not one I would put up for sale either !

Cheers

matt

Awesome piece & one I would own if only it were smaller.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

I do like these very much, but I slightly struggle with the price of them.
    There are very similarly specified chronos of very similar style available from new and old brands alike, at a fraction of the price.
    Siduna and Hanhart spring to mind (I own one of each), but I would also mention some of the newer Longines traditional style chronos (the blue spirit one for instance), Guinand (lots of choice there) and no doubt there are others, all available for less than £2k.
    The Vertex looks very nicely put together (and I must admit that I have not handled one to make a direct comparison), but you would be hard-pressed to better the Siduna for fit and finish.
    It too uses solid 3-d lume-printed numerals, though less thick than the Vertex.
    I would also like to compare Eddie's new HS9 release, when that comes out.

D

Absolutely love the look of this watch - best of the asymmetric-cased homages I've seen. There's an awful lot of non-off-the-shelf content, not least (I believe) the movement, which will have been a special-order modified for mono-pusher use; that will have pushed the price to its current level. I don't think it's unreasonable at-all. If it had a high-profile brand name on the dial, it would be pronounced 'a bargain' far-and-wide.

Craftsman
    I love the look of this watch. Slightly off topic, but one of the things that would put me off is that it's online only and mentally I struggle with the idea of paying £3k for a watch that I haven't had the chance to look at in the metal and try on.

Kudos to you for taking the chance. I'm glad it's paid off for you and you're happy with it.

Thanks for sharing it’s not a brand I’d heard of but I really like the look of this. The raised lumed numerals are a highlight. I vaguely remember seeing a picture of a Hamilton that had raised lumed white numerals really similar to this once and then could never find it again.Would love to see this feature on more watches

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    There's an awful lot of non-off-the-shelf content, not least (I believe) the movement, which will have been a special-order modified for mono-pusher use.
    Actually no, the SW510MP (MP standing for Monopusher) is a standard catalogue Sellita movement, seen as new as of their 2019 catalogue.
    Vertex use version B, which is exactly what Eddie is buying for the HS9 re-issue.
    See page 55 of the catalogue Here
    I am pretty sure Eddie's offer with this movement will not cost this much.
    Last edited by sweets; 11th July 2021 at 15:00. Reason: add link

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    I do like these very much, but I slightly struggle with the price of them.
    There are very similarly specified chronos of very similar style available from new and old brands alike, at a fraction of the price.
    Siduna and Hanhart spring to mind (I own one of each), but I would also mention some of the newer Longines traditional style chronos (the blue spirit one for instance), Guinand (lots of choice there) and no doubt there are others, all available for less than £2k.
    The Vertex looks very nicely put together (and I must admit that I have not handled one to make a direct comparison), but you would be hard-pressed to better the Siduna for fit and finish.
    It too uses solid 3-d lume-printed numerals, though less thick than the Vertex.
    I would also like to compare Eddie's new HS9 release, when that comes out.

D
    Not a fan of the HS9 going by the thread. I prefer the look of the MP45, the clean white indices and lume are a winner and the crystal profile is a nice touch. I'm happy to pay a price for a great looking watch and a decent overall package. Plus although it doesn't play into the pricing, I like the history tied to the Vertex brand.

Master
    A few pics attached of the bracelet. Very comfortable and the 20mm width suits the size of the watch. The adjustment is a fairly simple ratchet system but effective enough. I've resized it fit but I could do with taking out another half link and adjusting to suit with the micro adjustment. I'll probably put it back onto the rubber though as it's much more comfortable for me.

Master
    it does look really good ^^

Looks good and I think this is one watch that suits the bracelet more due to its thick case.

Very nice looks good on the bracelet

Looks fabulous on the bracelet

Here are a handsome watch, inspired by watches of the past but clearly modern and their own thing. I even like it on the bracelet and I am a confirmed lover of all things tatty nylon when it comes to straps.
    My only gripe (and one I can’t see past unfortunately) is the broad arrow on the dial, it just does not need to be there. In fact if it was not there I would likely try to get hold of one.
    Enjoy the watch OP its a cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    Actually no, the SW510MP (MP standing for Monopusher) is a standard catalogue Sellita movement, seen as new as of their 2019 catalogue.
    Vertex use version B, which is exactly what Eddie is buying for the HS9 re-issue.
    See page 55 of the catalogue Here
    I am pretty sure Eddie's offer with this movement will not cost this much.
    Thanks for the link.

I'm pretty sure Eddie's offer will be cheaper too, and that will be in no small part because Eddie's business model is very different, and his costs will be lower - doubt he'll be opting for all of the additional movement finishes, gilding &c that Vertex have for example. Both approaches are valid, and "yer pays yer money and yer takes yer choice"...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    Here are a handsome watch, inspired by watches of the past but clearly modern and their own thing. I even like it on the bracelet and I am a confirmed lover of all things tatty nylon when it comes to straps.
    My only gripe (and one I can’t see past unfortunately) is the broad arrow on the dial, it just does not need to be there. In fact if it was not there I would likely try to get hold of one.
    Enjoy the watch OP its a cracker.
    That's interesting because I've found among other owners that the broadarrow is a draw to the watches. Personally I think it's a nice touch that allows the brand to reconnect a little with it's heritage and adds a little bit of extra detail to the dial and rubber strap.