closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Haywood Milton request for info

Haywood Milton request for info

Gents, can someone provide me the email or whatsapp of Haywood, his inbox is full and cant PM him. I would like to get in touch regarding a purchase with him..

thank you

Master
    If you email: info@miltonsjewellers.com one of his team will pass it on to him.
    Last edited by gcleminson; 12th July 2021 at 08:46. Reason: edited email

There'll be an enquiry form on the watch's page and a link to contact details at the bottom... unless it isn't a watch from him, in which case stand by for short shrift.

I think Haywood should start offering some kind of virtual confessional service

Haywood Milton, agony uncle!

thanks guys, also for PMs, will get in touch

It is my understanding that Haywood keeps his PM box full intentionally, so as not to get bombarded with continuous requests for this, that and the other. I would take the hint seriously and try not to intrude his personal space and time.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tmoris View Post
    I would like to get in touch regarding a purchase with him..
    Quote Originally Posted by Possu View Post
    It is my understanding that Haywood keeps his PM box full intentionally, so as not to get bombarded with continuous requests for this, that and the other. I would take the hint seriously and try not to intrude his personal space and time.
    Assuming that means a purchase from HM, I can't see how he'd ever take that as an intrusion?!

Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post
    Assuming that means a purchase from HM, I can't see how he'd ever take that as an intrusion?!
    Whatsapp or personal email on his free time? I can see how that could be annoying. I believe his business is not a one man show. You don’t ask for Jeff Bezos’ whatsapp number when you want to ask about something on Amazon. I’m sure the enquiry forms and contact details, as mentioned by PH, are there for a reason.

I would tread carefully, you may choose your own approach differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    There'll be an enquiry form on the watch's page and a link to contact details at the bottom... unless it isn't a watch from him, in which case stand by for short shrift.

You don’t ask for Jeff Bezos’ whatsapp number when you want to ask about something on Amazon.

Master
    Whatsapp or personal email on his free time? I can see how that could be annoying. I believe his business is not a one man show. You don’t ask for Jeff Bezos’ whatsapp number when you want to ask about something on Amazon. I’m sure the enquiry forms and contact details, as mentioned by PH, are there for a reason.

I would tread carefully, you may choose your own approach differently.
    Don't be obtuse.

Re-read post #2.

Don't be obtuse.

Re-read post #2.
    He's not being obtuse, he's talking about the ambiguity of the wording of the first post and advising the OP accordingly.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    He's not being obtuse, he's talking about the ambiguity of the wording of the first post and advising the OP accordingly.

Indeed, hence my already mentioning that..

Assuming that means a purchase from HM..

And the reply was to me - so not advising the OP..

Craftsman
    I have used HM’s shops quite a few time in both Liverpool and Chester.

Just ring whichever shop your intended purchase is at.

I have had nothing but great service every time.

He wasn't disagreeing with you, just adding to your post.

My reply was to you, because you saw it necessary to disagree with my first post, which was not directed at you. If you wish to engage further I suggest handbags at dawn, or a PM (my inbox has ample space).

Master
    My reply was to you, because you saw it necessary to disagree with my first post
    Saw it necessary? Your tone on this thread had come across as quite snarky, in case you aren’t aware. Re-read what I wrote. It was a question. Nobody was disagreeing with you.

If you wish to engage further I suggest handbags at dawn, or a PM (my inbox has ample space).
    Well I won’t be bothering to PM you, but if you feel strongly enough and choose to take your own advice my inbox is also clear ;-)

Saw it necessary? Your tone on this thread had come across as quite snarky, in case you aren’t aware.
    My tone? A bit rich after calling me obtuse.

Re-read what I wrote. It was a question. Nobody was disagreeing with you.
    You think that was a question? I can’t see how that isn’t disagreeing with me?

Well I won’t be bothering to PM you, but if you feel strongly enough and choose to take your own advice my inbox is also clear ;-)
    It seems that you wish to engage further and keep it all out in the open and I’m more than happy to accomodate you. (Insert smiley of choice)

Master
    My tone? A bit rich after calling me obtuse.

You think that was a question? I can’t see how that isn’t disagreeing with me?

It seems that you wish to engage further and keep it all out in the open and I’m more than happy to accomodate you. (Insert smiley of choice)

Thanks, this is the one I chose: :-)))

Look, we could go round in circles all day like this - I could reply 'and it seems you wish to engage further..', but it's becoming a little embarrassing, no?

I was responding to the sarcasm in your reply, but you're right - obtuse was strong. What I meant was more deliberately obtuse - as in missing the point on purpose. You chose to add in 'free time', 'personal email' and 'Whatsapp' - none of which I even mentioned. I'm sure you're not actually obtuse.

The question, rephrased, was this: Would HM take it as an intrusion if someone were to email him about a purchase of one of his shop's watches. I guess there's only one person who can answer that question and it's not me or you! For the record, I have HM's personal email but would never share it on the forum out of basic respect, hence pointing the OP to the office address in post no.2, so perhaps we're not in disagreement as much as you think.

Genuinely, have a nice weekend.

Thanks, this is the one I chose: :-)))

Look, we could go round in circles all day like this - I could reply 'and it seems you wish to engage further..', but it's becoming a little embarrassing, no?

I was responding to the sarcasm in your reply, but you're right - obtuse was strong. What I meant was more deliberately obtuse - as in missing the point on purpose. You chose to add in 'free time', 'personal email' and 'Whatsapp' - none of which I even mentioned. I'm sure you're not actually obtuse.

The question, rephrased, was this: Would HM take it as an intrusion if someone were to email him about a purchase of one of his shop's watches. I guess there's only one person who can answer that question and it's not me or you! For the record, I have HM's personal email but would never share it on the forum out of basic respect, hence pointing the OP to the office address in post no.2, so perhaps we're not in disagreement as much as you think.

Genuinely, have a nice weekend.
    My original post to this thread was just to generally clarify that HM does not seem to want to be contacted on TZ in his business matters and I surmise the whatsapp the OP was asking would fall into the same category. Some TZ members that are truly obtuse have seen fit to contact HM at work to demand all kinds of watch related favours. That’s why I, like you, would never share his personal contact info. Not that I have it, mind.

In essence all necessary information the OP was looking for was given in posts number two and three by you and Papa Hotel respectively. I tried to add a little background to it. You seemed to disagree with me and I confess I clarified my point in a manner which can be seen as unpleasant. For that I apologize. I was talking about personal email, whatsapp and all those things you didn’t mention, because that was what the OP seemed to be looking for and that was what my first post was about. I wasn’t replying to you, I was replying loosely to the contents of the OP. When you seemed to disagree I clarified what I was originally talking about. That is where the messages got mixed, I believe.

Indeed it would seem we actually don’t disagree too much. As you said, only Haywood himself can tell how or if he would like to be contacted. I believe business email would most likely be fine, the general email you provided in post number two would certainly be fine. I wouldn’t think about whatsapp or any other means that might be intrusive and that was my point from the get-go.

I will most definitely enjoy a peaceful weekend at the cabin, the first weekend of my four week vacation. I hope you have a good one as well.

N

Well………. That was fun to watch.

Not exactly sure why so many jumped to some sort of defence of HM - I’m sure he has a tongue in his head.

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post

Not exactly sure why so many jumped to some sort of defence of HM - I’m sure he has a tongue in his head.
    And I am pretty sure he would not be arsed in a month of Sundays.

Dumb thread and even dumber exchanges.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    And I am pretty sure he would not be arsed in a month of Sundays.

Dumb thread and even dumber exchanges.

He has a tongue, and was indeed arsed. #3943
    F.T.F.A.

It demonstrated perfectly why he keeps his in box full.

Reading through the thread I can’t even see what the disagreement is about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are all quite protective of HM because he's only one chancer away from a PR headache.

Threads like this are good as they also let HM know the forum isn't a mass of needy over-sharers but a respectful group of enthusiasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyp1973 View Post
    It demonstrated perfectly why he keeps his in box full.

Reading through the thread I can’t even see what the disagreement is about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    https://youtu.be/ohDB5gbtaEQ
    Cheers..
    Jase

^Imagine how much cash the forum would raise if EP charged everyone a fiver to argue.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega View Post
    ^Imagine how much cash the forum would raise if EP charged everyone a fiver to argue.
    No we wouldn’t.

No we wouldn’t.

Master
    I now do feel compelled to post, largely because I can't watch solid members, generally trying to help the OP and / or support me, meeting with needless grief. Thankyou so much for your efforts. I'm very conscious that both here and in the real world most tz-uk members are thoroughly decent and considerate.

A member of seven years here because I enjoy much of the Rolex content (albeit less so recently), I don't think my trying to keep business separate needs to be defended, but possibly explained. There are sometimes overlaps and it is imperfect, but directing business enquiries through my shops or websites would seem logical, especially if a small number would abuse private forum messages, demanding time, research and other work as if it were a duty owed by any member who happens to be in the trade.

Unfortunately the first reply gave the OP an incorrect email address (it's .com), but most people can find my businesses and me for themselves in seconds with Google.

Before I blocked my inbox, I was increasingly receiving direct enquiries (often with many pictures) asking me to look at a watch that a member was considering buying elsewhere, hoping if not expecting that I would give them my considered opinion of it. Sometimes these were courteous or apologetic, recognising the burden requested, but with multiple, highly-regulated companies to run, 80 staff and something of a life beyond watches, how could I justify giving that time relentlessly?

Here are two different examples of private forum message exchanges that contributed to my decision to leave the inbox full :

"Is item XYZ that you are selling genuine?"

"Of course it is. Out of interest, how do you think someone advertising a fake XYZ as real would answer?

"There was no need to make me feel like a fool. I'll buy your item, but then I intend to leave the feedback you deserve."

hi H. can I just walk into st james having lost my complete lv bezel and they will replace it there and then? is it that straightforward?

thanks H.

[ tz-uk member ].

Hello [ tz-uk member ],
    This sort of question should probably remain on the open forum rather than being directed at individual members. My life would be spent answering individual questions!
    I suspect that for a full bezel replacement Rolex would probably insist on a full service at the same time. Ask them by phone and they'll probably tell you.
    KRs,
    H

thank you.
    I will ensure that I do not take up any of your valuable time in the future.

Don't misunderstand me [ tz -uk member ], I'll try to help a forum member on the main forum or where they approach me for something that merits my individual attention, but I can receive up to a dozen messages here a day --- and as many by direct email --- from members whose questions could be answered on the main forum. I didn't mean to be quite as short as that might have read, so please accept my apology and should you need some small favour to make amends, remind me of our correspondence.
    I enjoy being a member here, but I really do just have to watch my time a bit.
    With kind regards,
    Haywood M

please save your valuable time and mine by not contacting or interacting with me in future. thank you.

Low rent stuff, but multiply it by five on a daily basis and there comes a point where anyone says "enough!"
    Last edited by Haywood_Milton; 10th July 2021 at 12:01.

What a depressing collection of epistolary knobbery.

Now you're here HM, I am thinking of buying a watch from you but need more photos, can you take some please? Oh, and as you're quite a distance from me, can you post it? I'm not 100% sure it's for me so can you send it on approval please?

Just PM me m8.

Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    People eh, don’t you just love em?

You know what your problem is Haywood? You seem to be under some misguided belief that you should be allowed to prioritise your business and life interests above that of the TZ membership!

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    A depressing collection of epistolary knobbery.
    Perhaps that should be the tagline for the forum.

It would give new members a better idea of what to expect.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega View Post
    Perhaps that should be the tagline for the forum.

It would give new members a better idea of what to expect.
    Actually, there’s an idea in that.

I propose a sub forum for members to share all kinds of missives received from any source, but solely to highlight mankind’s stupidity.

Obviously all names would be redacted to protect the guilty.

What do we think?

I can already see the guessing game begin. Draft thread brought to the next level.

At least we know, for the record, some of those who have his email.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    I propose a sub forum for members to share all kinds of missives received from any source, but solely to highlight mankind’s stupidity.
    My favourite of the last six months :

"Ridiculous! Why have I got to go and collect my items in Preston?"

"Are you sure our email doesn't say to collect IN PERSON?"

- pause -

"I'll be there in the morning."

- pause -

PM sent.

- pause -

Hahaha!
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    At least we know, for the record, some of those who have his email.

(◔_◔)

Im surprised at the length of this thread when all I wanted was HM's contact info (as google gives me various URLs for Milton UK watches) regarding a purchase of a watch from him rather than asking random Qs about some other watches unrelated to HM..

Master
    tmoris - I'm afraid I don't understand. Despite the assistance above and my stated wish to separate business from the forum (as I am sure our host would wish), I continued to receive alerts from tz-uk including one a few minutes ago saying that my inbox was full but that you had just tried again to send me a pm through the forum. At the same time, no message from you appears to have been sent through any of my websites or their associated email addresses.

You may have done better with more relevant Google search terms, perhaps "Haywood Milton Rolex." Follow your nose to "Our Watch Team" and if he's mentioned there, you're on the right site!

Stuff it, Eddie will be as sick of this thread as the rest of us. If you still think I'm worth chasing, find the miltonaires site
    Last edited by Haywood_Milton; 13th July 2021 at 14:37.

tmoris - I'm afraid I don't understand. Despite the assistance above and my stated wish to separate business from the forum (as I am sure our host would wish), I continued to receive alerts from tz-uk including one a few minutes ago saying that my inbox was full but that you had just tried again to send me a pm through the forum. At the same time, no message from you appears to have been sent through any of my websites or their associated email addresses.

You may have done better with more relevant Google search terms, perhaps "Haywood Milton Rolex." Follow your nose to "Our Watch Team" and if he's mentioned there, you're on the right site!

Stuff it, Eddie will be as sick of this thread as the rest of us. If you still think I'm worth chasing, find the miltonaires site
    Ive been pointed to miltonsjewellers.com and also to miltons.co.uk (where I actually sent an email to a guy named Phil and received a reply from Paul that Phil's on vacation). I also found numerous other sites. Glad to hear that miltonaires is the correct one, will resend there..

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tmoris View Post
    Ive been pointed to miltonsjewellers.com and also to miltons.co.uk (where I actually sent an email to a guy named Phil and received a reply from Paul that Phil's on vacation). I also found numerous other sites. Glad to hear that miltonaires is the correct one, will resend there..
    Those are both mine as well, they just redirect from one to another.

Message through website now received and I will respond when I can.

Sorry, I was frustrated on HM's behalf and was uncharacteristically sarcastic.

I'll go and have a cup of tea to restore my usual tolerance.
    Last edited by AlphaOmega; 13th July 2021 at 15:21.

Shame on you HM for missing my PM, it was about a 5512 Military Submariner I picked up at an Isle of White car boot, the old dear had loads of provenance too... If only you had an empty inbox

On a related note,
    Thank you for you time today Haywood :)

Really appreciate it, I owe you a dram or two if you make it up this way (decent stuff too!)