closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Kensington Gate Watches - eBay or Chrono24?

Kensington Gate Watches - eBay or Chrono24?

I've seen a couple of watches on Chrono24 that I am considering purchasing, when I searched for the seller online (to see whether they were reputable), I found that they are also selling watches on eBay, listed at the same price as Chrono24.
    Has anyone bought from them before? And as a buyer, which platform offers me more security?
    Thanks.

Good question - I'm interested to know which is the better option as a buyer too.

I was previously looking at a Tudor that was advertised by a pawnbrokers on both eBay and Chrono24. Their store was nearby and I asked if they would prefer me to go directly to the shop or through eBay. They were happy for me to visit the store an inspect but they said they preferred to keep transactions on ebay...I couldn't work out why. Also, I was under the impression Chrono24 took a commission whether you sold through the site or not.

Journeyman
    I bought my Tudor from Kensington Gate via Ebay. I put a watch link on it (ha ha) and they then offered it to me for £100 less. Faultless service, despite the watch having to go to Tudor under warranty for a time keeping issue.

Edward is the guy at Kensington Watches. Very pleasant and easy to deal with. I’d deal with again with no hesitation.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Good question - I'm interested to know which is the better option as a buyer too.

I was previously looking at a Tudor that was advertised by a pawnbrokers on both eBay and Chrono24. Their store was nearby and I asked if they would prefer me to go directly to the shop or through eBay. They were happy for me to visit the store an inspect but they said they preferred to keep transactions on ebay...I couldn't work out why. Also, I was under the impression Chrono24 took a commission whether you sold through the site or not.
    AFAIK, eBay provide pretty good protection for the buyer, but would be interested to know what's preferable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by K-Z1R View Post
    I bought my Tudor from Kensington Gate via Ebay. I put a watch link on it (ha ha) and they then offered it to me for £100 less. Faultless service, despite the watch having to go to Tudor under warranty for a time keeping issue.
    Thanks for your reply; I'd be interested in knowing how to get a discount too please?

______

​Jim.

Journeyman
    I merely added it to things on e-bay I wanted to 'watch' and they then sent me an offer to buy it for £100 less than advertised price. An already keen price for a watch with warranty, got even better (better than other on Chrono24), so I bought it.

Thanks for this, I had noticed this thread before posting, but was particularly interested in anyone's buying experience (rather than selling). Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by K-Z1R View Post
    I merely added it to things on e-bay I wanted to 'watch' and they then sent me an offer to buy it for £100 less than advertised price. An already keen price for a watch with warranty, got even better (better than other on Chrono24), so I bought it.
    Excellent! I'll give that a try too, thanks!

You could always message them on eBay and ask if they would take £100.00 less than the asking price. I tend to find most sellers like them usually accept and send you an offer or at least make you a counter offer.
    Don't get me wrong. Some just want the asking price but it's always worth a try.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

SydR
    My most recent purchase was on C24 and the shop’s own website for the same price.

I contacted the shop directly via email and then phone and got a reasonable discount going direct. I assumed by me doing so they would save paying C24’s escrow fees.