closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Incoming - new Doxa sub

Incoming - new Doxa sub

My latest new addition arrived yesterday with huge thanks to dr.f for answering my WTB from 2019 (bumped just the once in April 2021!)

This has always been a heart over head watch that I’ve coveted since being a teenager when reading the full set of Clive Cussler Dirk Pitt novels. Sounds a bit cheesy nowadays but as a youngster I had to go and look up what an “orange faced Doxa dive watch” looked like so I knew what the hero of the novel was wearing before he rescued the damsel in distress

Fast forward more than a few years and I’ve finally added this cracking little 300T to the collection and I’m more than happy with it. It’s my first cushion cased watch which I think works very well to balance the smaller dial but bright colour. The beads of rice bracelet is extremely comfortable and I’ve found the easy-adjust dive ratchet to be a great feature for when the temperature gets a bit warm and your wrist swells up a bit with the heat.

I know the saying goes that you should never meet your heroes and I was a bit hesitant to buy this without having tried one on in case it was a massive let down, but happily that’s not been the case.

Very pleased indeed and certainly going to be a watch I enjoy throughout the summer!

Great watch! I'll try one at some point.

Enjoy :)

Apprentice
    You'll really enjoy it. I have one myself I picked up last year after wanting one for years. I've taken mine diving so no need to molly coddle it.

I’ve really enjoyed mine for the 3 weeks I’ve had it. I’d highly recommend one to anyone thinking about it.

Quite fancy a Divingstar version. Especially in carbon but that’s silly money

OP, Iconic. It had to be done. Enjoy.
    "The whole purpose of mechanical watches is to be impertinent." ~ Lionel a Marca, CEO of Breguet

They are such great watches, and truly iconic as John said.

I love my Sub 1500t

https://i.imgur.com/sqjYhjS.jpg

Simon

Now that I've got the Aquadive and Squale covered - Doxa is next on the list.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    I picked up an identical orange faced 300 earlier this year after a long time promising myself one.

Been wearing it all week as it happens, a great watch and one of my ‘keepers’.

That one and a blue dial Sub 200 are amongst my most worn watches.

I’ve also always liked these.

I’ve said the next watch purchase will be an orange diver either one of these or Eddie’s Caribbean.

Cheers, Shaun

Love a Doxa. Here's my 50th Anniversary 300

They are handsome watches, plus of course the Dirk Pitt connection.

I've often fancied one but never actually managed it.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Thanks gents, good to see I'm not the only one who appreciates these little watches!

I had a search through my old posts and my first WTB was actually in 2010 so this has been a long time in the making I ended up with a quartz Aquaman back then to quell the urge a bit, but it was only ever going to be a proper Sub that would do the trick

Master
    Congratulations! An orange Doxa Sub keeps calling me for years, but so far my head won over my heart plus the amount of different models (300, 300T, 600T, 750T, 1000/1200/1500T etc) never made it easy to chose one. Then there are the vintage ones which don't make it much easier. The current 300(T) lineup is very appealing to me.... enjoy your orange Doxa!

Craftsman
    Congratulations on your new watch. I picked up a silver lung from this forum few years back and it’s great. They wear so well and have that ‘if you know you know’ quality about them

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Love a Doxa. Here's my 50th Anniversary 300

i love the curved sapphire and the beads of rice bracelet in this, i have to
    own one of these one day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Love that red dial it really pops!! Enjoy

Master
    Great watch - congratulations 👍

VERY nice! (I miss my Sharkhunter...)