closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: What are Stowa like for warranty repairs

Journeyman

What are Stowa like for warranty repairs

Recently my Stowa Flieger Classic 40 has started running really fast - about 40 seconds a day - previously it was very accurate, even after weeks the it was near to spot on.

But over the last few weeks I’ve noticed the time being really out.

I contacted Stowa today and they have got back promptly saying that they will arrange a FedEx collection, repair and return to me.

Sounds great but there is one sentence which says that if it hasn’t been caused by shock or fall then they will cover all the shipping and repair costs.

Hand on heart it has not had any shocks, but what are Stowa like - conscious that if they say otherwise there is little I can do.

Cheers,

Nigel
    Last edited by nheather; 7th July 2021 at 21:03.

Quote Originally Posted by nheather View Post
    Recently my Stowa Flieger Classic 40 has started running really fast
    Have you tried demagnetising it? Fast-running is one symptom of a magnetised watch. A decent dealership - and some jewellers - should be able to do it for you, or buy a cheap device from thiefbay. Worth trying before you do anything else, you could dodge a hefty and unnecessary repair bill.

I've always found Stowa a pleasure to deal with, through four watch purchases and one warranty repair. The only caveat to that is that all my dealings with Stowa were a few years ago. I dealt personally with Jorg Schauer and his wife a number of times and Jorg was very helpful. I believe the company is a lot bigger now so I can't comment on whether you still get the personal treatment which I received.

Having said that, I would still expect them to be fair and reasonable.

Ian

Master
    If the balance staff is bent or damaged they can be fairly sure you have dropped it, otherwise they will likely just service it or swap the movement.

I agree with the comment regarding demagnetizing the watch first. It's worth a try and even if it doesn't work, then you can at least feel assured you'd tried all reasonable attempts to rectify the issue before sending it off.

Journeyman
    Update

Just got my watch back from Stowa. They were great, they arranged for FedEx to collect my watch, they did the work to resolve the timekeeping issue and returned it using FedEx - all at their cost, I didn’t have to pay a thing.

From the limited testing I have done today it appears to be keeping good time again.

Cheers,

Nigel

Great result!

Stowa company is sold
    https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/s...-sold.5322500/

I love everything they did and the way they did it.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nheather View Post
    Update

Just got my watch back from Stowa. They were great, they arranged for FedEx to collect my watch, they did the work to resolve the timekeeping issue and returned it using FedEx - all at their cost, I didn’t have to pay a thing.

From the limited testing I have done today it appears to be keeping good time again.

Cheers,

Nigel
    Good to hear. I sent a Schauer watch back for regulating many years ago, they said it was fine and didn't need it, but covered the cost both ways.