closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: VC Overseas Dualtime

Master

VC Overseas Dualtime

I have a hankering for one of these with a blue dial & have found one and am pondering a deal.

It'll be a big spend for me & will involve a p/x of a few & am hovering over the go button & trying to convince myself to just do it..... but looking for some validation from the membership, knowing full well it's down to me, but just interested in opinions.

Will involve a PX of either Rolex JC DSSD/ Breguet XXI in Rose Gold/ PAM 1661 & most likely at least 2 of those.

Pros:
    Versatile with 3 strap options, sleeper model from VC (imho)

Cons:
    Will i regret PX'ing those 2-3 & the options it gives me (although lockdowns have seen me wear fewer & fewer different watches, so slimming down the numbers feels ok)
    Secondhand, but unworn at RRP, can't guarantee i'll never sell given my track record - so will that be an issue later?

Alex

Jacob and Walter should be well placed to comment with a blue and a black each.

Lovely watches but that's a strong PX list. Three strap options is nice but will you just wear on the bracelet 99% of the time?

Fantastic micro adjustment on the bracelet - PP and AP could learn from it.

Master
    You're right about the bracelet, guaranteed it would spend most of it's life on it.

[
    Last edited by luckyal; 7th July 2021 at 11:28.

Yes i would , i have ordered a 3 hander blue…the wait begins…

VC oozes quality and strap swop is great versatility, i agree Dualtime is a sleeper in range but not for long….

Go for it “itch the scratch”….

Hi Al,

If you look at SC, you will see what I have had to move on to accommodate, its a long list and no regrets from me, its a superb watch and one I don't imagine I will ever choose to move on. Yesterday I reached for my WG Daytona wound it and then put it back in the box as I couldn't remove the VC from my wrist!

I'm not a fan of the 3 hander blue dial (the date is just off to my eyes, too low and odd disk colour/font combo) and did consider the Dualtime with a silver dial but very glad indeed I went for the blue. The dial is sensational, more active than any other blue dial I own, has amazing depth to it, like glass at times and it just wants me to photograph it whenever I look at it.

Buying at list is a safe bet in my opinion as these have been shooting up of late, are boutique only and with a sizeable waiting list.

I was quite excited about the three strap options but my wrists are just under 7" and it is perfectly comfortable on the bracelet but as the rubber flares (and I assume the alligator is the same) without any articulation it wears comfortably enough but with a gap to the side of my wrist and doesn't fit under tighter shirt cuffs as a result so I pretty much wear it exclusively on the bracelet.

Anyway, some obligatory photos to whet your appetite.

Master
    Jacob,

Appreciate the time taken for that response.

All of it is certainly in line with my thinking and definitely helping getting me over the line. Am a sucker for a blue dial such as this & those photos certainly help on that front.

Am almost certain it will live on the bracelet most of the time & personally think that's the best looking option too.

Many thanks
    Alex

Master
    Ooooof that’s classy !

Master
    You don't say whether you are looking at a new one or possibly either a gen 2 or gen 3. I have a Gen 2 with the black dial, zero regrets, it feels very special to wear and the detailing of the dial pops in the sunshine.

Blog Entries
    Just do it! I'm a sucker for the blue faced VC - I have the three hander and it is up their with the best. I've had to sell a few of mine recently bu can't see letting my VC go.

Warning - do try on the wrist - it's a 41mm and with the bracelet on it does extend wider so it depends on your wrist shape what you prefer. The straps "blend more" (as seen below)

Here is my 3 hander - but that dual time is another level again! VC have nailed the blue - difficult to show in pics -

Martyn
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 7th July 2021 at 13:21.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreatdogwood View Post
    You don't say whether you are looking at a new one or possibly either a gen 2 or gen 3. I have a Gen 2 with the black dial, zero regrets, it feels very special to wear and the detailing of the dial pops in the sunshine.
    It's the current generation 3.
    Cheers

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Just do it! I'm a sucker for the blue faced VC - I have the three hander and it is up their with the best. I've had to sell a few of mine recently bu can't see letting my VC go.

Warning - do try on the wrist - it's a 41mm and with the bracelet on it does extend wider so it depends on your wrist shape what you prefer. The straps "blend more" (as seen below)

Here is my 3 hander - but that dual time is another level again! VC have nailed the blue - difficult to show in pics -

Martyn
    Thanks Martin, it's certainly pushing me over the line. Plan on trying it on first but have fairly hefty wrists so hope it should be ok.

I was in the VC Boutique in Bond Street shortly before Covid and tried on a Blue dial Dual time and have thought about it being my next watch purchase ever since, I would most definitely say go for it. I'd sell the DSSD and Panerai and keep the Breguet personally.

Last edited by Vanguard; 7th July 2021 at 14:42.

Master
    That VC is a thing of beauty but I would have to think very hard about parting with a James Cameron.

They are certainly a lovely watch. I have only handled one and it was a gen 2 but it oozed quality and felt different (in a good way) to anything I have ever seen.

I personally would go for it.

I’m starting to think that the Dual Time is my end game.

Sent using Tapatalk. Excuse the lack of apostrophes.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TKH View Post
    Yes i would , i have ordered a 3 hander blue…the wait begins…

VC oozes quality and strap swop is great versatility, i agree Dualtime is a sleeper in range but not for long….

Go for it “itch the scratch”….
    What's the wait time on one of these?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy2254 View Post
    That VC is a thing of beauty but I would have to think very hard about parting with a James Cameron.
    Of the 3, that's the one that has a pull on me, but i'm rationalising it by saying it is replaceable (but that might cost me 2-3k to do)

Craftsman

VC Overseas Dualtime

I own and have owned the Gen 2 DT if different colours. One of them I sold one recently on the forum. They are great pieces.

Moving onto the DT Gen 3, the blue dial is unreal. Gone are the days of getting a blue DT at below retail.

If your wrists are slim, imo bracelet > leather > rubber in that order. Annoying as the rubber is great, it may work better on your wrist. (I could just be picky)

Size wise you shouldn’t have a problem. I never had for any of the Gen 2 & Gen 3s

I don’t yet have the Blue DT but it’s due in the next couple of weeks. When it arrives I won’t be letting it go. Looks like the forums going to have a few.

I've currently got on the silver Gen 3, one day Martyn will let go of his so I can have a passport Gen 3 blue back in the collect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyal View Post
    It's the current generation 3.
    Cheers
    Lovely, I say go for it!

Master
    Just to say, thanks for all the advice.....................

I did it & newly arrived today is this!

Something different for the Friday thread now.

Beauty. Congratulations and welcome to the club!

Blog Entries

That is a beauty. Well done!
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Gorgeous watch - I’m sure you’re enjoying it.

Master
    Well played - a beautiful watch that few will have seen before

Craftsman

Congratulations! Fabulous, fabulous piece!

Cheers
    Rory

Craftsman
    now this is something special

Master
    Blog Entries
    Fantastic OP