closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Travel insurance question

Travel insurance question

Afternoon TZ,

Soon heading abroad, and looking in to various travel insurance policies.

However, I have a question that I certainly should have asked long, long ago, given the number of years I've been getting such insurance. My query is as follows:

Unless you get annual coverage, you specify the dates of your trip. Does this mean the insurance only covers you for the days that you have specified?

For example, if I state the trip is from 1st to 4th of the month, and the return flight is cancelled on the 4th, what does this mean for the health or other insurance cover if I fall ill whilst waiting for the replacement flight on the 5th?

I imagine it's a question that I may need to ask every single provider I get a quote from, but I was wondering if I'm being thick and the answer is obviously one way or the other.

Hugh

Craftsman
    I buy an annual policy usually worldwide excluding USA.

I use it for holidays Europe etc and adding on to work trips (usually Southern Africa)

I have never specified the dates i’m travelling in advance. The policy document just normally says trips cannot exceed 30days.

I got stuck in Malta few years back when it was snowing in the uk. I just put a claim in after and they paid out.

As long as it’s within the limits eg under 30 days and within the claim limit as specified on the schedule I don’t think they need to know when and where you’re going.

Edit....Sorry I misread your original question, blame it on being on the train.
    Have to check the wording very carefully. Normally overstays for reasons outside your control would be covered.

Higher star rated policies will generally better and then the cheapest. Think the rating is called defaqto

Still best bet would be annual policy, there’s not usually much in it cost wise.
    Last edited by Sean89; 9th July 2021 at 18:00.

In short yes, the start and end dates of the policy are the dates you are covered. Outside of that you will struggle to get payment of any claim unless the policy specifically states different.

Each policy will have different wording, terms and conditions, so yes you would need to ask each company a quote from if you wanted to be sure.

I you wanted to be safe ad a couple of days after you are booked to return on to the end of your policy to cover any delays.