closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Neighbours security camera's.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    This isn’t an issue over the CCTV the issue is over the new neighbours being aloof, building a fence and gate and having a hot tub and cctv.
    Don't forget this classic.
    Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    Maybe they have something to hide from their past?He was living on Guernsey until last year or so he said when I first met him.

1. Living in a terrace requires compromise. You have to accept that your new neighbour is different from your old neighbour.

2. You ask why he has a camera high up on the rear of his house which backs on to farmland. Perhaps he's worried about persons accessing his house & garden (where you say he's got a TV & a hot-tub) from the open land to the rear?

3. Do you know that the camera is active & not just a dummy?

4. If I was your neighbour, I'd be less than happy to know that you've taken a picture of (what appears to be) my bedroom window & posted it on the internet to illustrate a point about your privacy.
    ______

​Jim.

You and your wife are the one who have created the issue here for me.

The bloke done nothing wrong, you just don’t like his new fence, his hot tub and some cctv.

Things change and neighbours come and go, just get on with your lives.
    I think you're ignoring the fact that the neighbour is displaying antisocial behaviour and isn't being neighbourly. Whatever happened to just mentioning things to your neighbour with a reassurance their privacy will be kept in an effort to establish good relations? Why be so secretive? At the end of the day, we all need to maintain good neighbourly relationships to form some kind of neighbourhood watch- strength in numbers and all that. All these type of people do is isolate themselves.

Why doesn't anyone pop a note through the door to say they'll be having a bonfire? Why doesn't anyone pop a note through to say they're having a BBQ/party and there'll be noise and excess cars parked? Everyone is hell bent on being selfish.

OP- I hope this matter gets resolved amicably and with minimum stress.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony-GB View Post
    I think you're ignoring the fact that the neighbour is displaying antisocial behaviour and isn't being neighbourly. Whatever happened to just mentioning things to your neighbour with a reassurance their privacy will be kept in an effort to establish good relations? Why be so secretive? At the end of the day, we all need to maintain good neighbourly relationships to form some kind of neighbourhood watch- strength in numbers and all that. All these type of people do is isolate themselves.

Why doesn't anyone pop a note through the door to say they'll be having a bonfire? Why doesn't anyone pop a note through to say they're having a BBQ/party and there'll be noise and excess cars parked? Everyone is hell bent on being selfish.

OP- I hope this matter gets resolved amicably and with minimum stress.
    It’s not the 1960s anymore most people don’t want to be mates with their street. I personally couldn’t think of anything worse.

I say hi to my neighbour if I see them when I’m getting in my car and that’s it, I don’t want to be friends with them talk to them or give them a key to my gate or house.

The whole thing is a non issue, the OP has taken the hump on the believe the neighbour is in witness protection because he doesn’t act like the old fear that used to live next door.

It’s not the 1960s anymore most people don’t want to be mates with their street. I personally couldn’t think of anything worse.

I say hi to my neighbour if I see them when I’m getting in my car and that’s it, I don’t want to be friends with them talk to them or give them a key to my gate or house.

The whole thing is a non issue, the OP has taken the hump on the believe the neighbour is in witness protection because he doesn’t act like the old fear that used to live next door.
    I never mentioned being mates. I keep a "professional" distance from my neighbours and just pass the time of day. However, when they go on holiday they let me know and vice versa. It just adds a bit of peace of mind. What was wrong with the 1960's? Free love, women in miniskirts and on the pill and Rolex in dealers windows. Good music and cash in hand work. Not a bad situation.
    Last edited by Tony-GB; 8th July 2021 at 18:31.

You and your wife are the one who have created the issue here for me.

The bloke done nothing wrong, you just don’t like his new fence, his hot tub and some cctv.

Things change and neighbours come and go, just get on with your lives.
    Of course he has, he is videoing their property without their consent. If you don’t think that is wrong, you have some strange values

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    Of course he has, he is videoing their property without their consent. If you don’t think that is wrong, you have some strange values
    He isn’t, you can clearly see in the photo provided the camera is pointing directly down his own garden.

If you think having cctv pointed at your own land is wrong you have some strange values.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony-GB View Post
    I never mentioned being mates. I keep a "professional" distance from my neighbours and just pass the time of day. However, when they go on holiday they let me know and vice versa. It just adds a bit of peace of mind. What was wrong with the 1960's? Free love, women in miniskirts and on the pill and Rolex in dealers windows. Good music and cash in hand work. Not a bad situation.
    Loved the 60s, first motor bike, first car, first job and a few other firsts, happy days.

He isn’t, you can clearly see in the photo provided the camera is pointing directly down his own garden.

If you think having cctv pointed at your own land is wrong you have some strange values.
    My values are in line with the law

https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters...-being-filmed/

Does look like the camera is pointing the other way

I think its a bit OTT to think they are in some kind of "Witness protection" Because they have a few cameras up sounds like a bit of an overdose on CSI Miami. A lot of people put up cameras these days for a variety of reasons having loads of dogs making noise and being more than obvious to neighbours is hardly being low key.

Probably best to just have a word with the neighbours either the husband or wife whoever you get on best with and just ask them to move the camera a bit, chances are they will probably just do it.

Conversely where I live all the neighbours have camera pointing at each other’s houses to eliminate blind spots.

Master
    Never go down the letter route.

Wait until you can have a convo with the woman again and address the subject. “Are you housing that mobster who is on the run” .... or something. I always find a bit of banter and some witty sarcasm wins my neighbours over. Even the sour face lump next door

I've had my motorbike stolen from my front garden, with a lock and cover on it. I've had my car stolen from outside my house. I've had someone hop the wall of my back garden to access the garage, stealing thousands worth of equipment.

I see no problem installing a camera to cover myself with insurance. This doesn't automatically make me "on the run", "a drug dealer", or "a wrong'un". Some of the stuff in this thread is absolute bonkers.

Seems like you have a separate matter, where your neighbour is just less social - and possibly a bit of a d*ck. They are separate issues. You're definitely entitled to some privacy here but others have covered your rights better than I could.

As has been mentioned, the law is on your side. Send him a subject access request so you can see what the camera sees.

If he ignores the request he's breaking the law. If the camera has a microphone you should ask him to turn it off.

For the avoidance of doubt, home CCTV does not deter burglars at all. I have it, but it's because last time we were robbed they cased the house in the day and I want to know when that happens next time. I also like videos of foxes.

Craftsman
    Our neighbour rented out their house , the new tenants moved in and put up a few cctv cameras covering their drive and the road outside , about 1 year later the place kicked the door down and raided it , it was a cannabis farm.

We miss them , they were the best neighbours we have had , never heard a peep from them

Quote Originally Posted by guinea View Post
    For the avoidance of doubt, home CCTV does not deter burglars at all.
    That’s quite a bold statement.

I would think that obvious security measures - alarms, CCTV, security bars on windows - must act as a deterrent to some extent, at least to casual criminals. Not that I have ever spent any time trying to think like a criminal, but going for the low hanging fruit would seem an obvious thing to do. Obviously if it were a level playing field because everyone has all the measures that might be a different thing, but it isn’t because they don’t. And of course a determined career criminal will get past most deterrents especially if he knows or suspects that there’s something there worth taking.

Quote Originally Posted by guinea View Post
    For the avoidance of doubt, home CCTV does not deter burglars at all. I have it, but it's because last time we were robbed they cased the house in the day and I want to know when that happens next time. I also like videos of foxes.
    Does help with their capture.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Does help with their capture.
    1000s of pounds of CCTV foiled by a 99p mask from Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodder View Post
    1000s of pounds of CCTV foiled by a 99p mask from Amazon.
    Not always, neighbours cctv often sees them on route to crime scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Not always, neighbours cctv often sees them on route to crime scene.
    This ^. Plus even with a mask on a local scrote may be easily recognised by his garb or mannerisms.

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Liner33 View Post
    Our neighbour rented out their house , the new tenants moved in and put up a few cctv cameras covering their drive and the road outside , about 1 year later the place kicked the door down and raided it , it was a cannabis farm.

We miss them , they were the best neighbours we have had , never heard a peep from them
    Get a V.O. for the jug and go and see him then 😂