closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex parts

Master

Rolex parts

I have a well worn Submariner 116610LV that needs a spare part.

Basically the bezel now rotates both directions because the click spring under the bezel has sheared. I know the part number, I know how to replace it, I just don’t know how to get it - unless I send it to Rolex.

This is the part….any idea where I can get one from without sending off to Rolex?

IMG_5663.JPG

Ebay?
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Ebay?
    Struggling on there actually. Apart from an international seller who wants an extortionate amount.

An AD with a parts account would be the best bet if there is one semi local.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    An AD with a parts account would be the best bet if there is one semi local.
    It will need to be an authorised service centre, that part isn't available to the standard retail accounts

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by animalone View Post
    It will need to be an authorised service centre, that part isn't available to the standard retail accounts
    Unfortunately the AD I use say it needs to go to Rolex. I mean, it needs a service, I can only pull the crown out at certain times of day, but wasn’t planning on it just yet! Also means I’d have to decide whether to have the case refinished - it’s got ten years of wear and tear which I’m really quite fond of…..

Quote Originally Posted by simonj View Post
    Unfortunately the AD I use say it needs to go to Rolex. I mean, it needs a service, I can only pull the crown out at certain times of day, but wasn’t planning on it just yet! Also means I’d have to decide whether to have the case refinished - it’s got ten years of wear and tear which I’m really quite fond of…..
    You can request that they don't refinish the watch, just make sure that they are very clear about it in the instructions.

It's a 10 min job to do, bezel off, replace the click spring, and bezel washer, clean out and push back on.
    The non genuine parts from ebay, are good, and would cost 30 quid
    If near me ill do it for you

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MICHAELHS View Post
    It's a 10 min job to do, bezel off, replace the click spring, and bezel washer, clean out and push back on.
    The non genuine parts from ebay, are good, and would cost 30 quid
    If near me ill do it for you
    This sort of thing makes me realise that only a complete fool will assume that a watch is genuinely 100% authentic. Where is the sense in buying a decent watch and then replacing genuine parts with spurious ones.

That will become a frankenwatch

When I took my GMT in to Rolex St James’ for a new bezel insert, they saw that the clock firing wasn’t correct and replaced it FOC.

Great service but how did they know, it’s a tiny bit of metal?

A frankenwatch is a bit stupid, it's a bent bit of metal that fits in a hole, about 1cm in length.

And if does the job, untill it goes to Rolex for a service, who would replace the part anyway, as part of the service

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAELHS View Post
    A frankenwatch is a bit stupid, it's a bent bit of metal that fits in a hole, about 1cm in length.

And if does the job, untill it goes to Rolex for a service, who would replace the part anyway, as part of the service
    Exactly.

Mick, you are exactly the kind of customer Rolex has been cleverly manipulating for years, putting their products on some massive pedestal, at the end of the day, its just a watch.
    I bet you couldn't tell a Rolex bezel spring from a 3rd party one.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Exactly.

Mick, you are exactly the kind of customer Rolex has been cleverly manipulating for years, putting their products on some massive pedestal, at the end of the day, its just a watch.
    I bet you couldn't tell a Rolex bezel spring from a 3rd party one.
    Oh I agree that I have swallowed the pill but if I sell you a Rolex you should be confident that you are buying a watch that is 100% genuine. If people start adding third party bits on when it suits them then the rot sets it.

It is one step away from counterfeiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    Oh I agree that I have swallowed the pill but if I sell you a Rolex you should be confident that you are buying a watch that is 100% genuine. If people start adding third party bits on when it suits them then the rot sets it.

It is one step away from counterfeiting.

The majority of this discussion assumes that the watch in question is a five-digit sports Rolex with the ‘bent metal’ click spring.

The six-digit ceramics use sprung bearings:

The picture in the op shows the same Colin.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    The picture in the op shows the same Colin.
    Indeed, but it was almost as if some hadn’t taken the trouble to look :-)

Master
    Sorry chaps, I’ve been busy and hadn’t replied to the thread!

It is indeed the ceramic model with the four springs which, as far as I can tell, has no after market options available. That being said, I would always use the originals anyway. A fool and his money, maybe, but I’m the same with cars and always use originals as I just prefer authenticity.

Anyway, a very kind TZer has come to the rescue and sourced one for me, for which I’m incredibly grateful. I reckon I can eek out a couple more years before biting the bullet on the service - it’s only losing 4 seconds a day so I don’t feel it worthwhile yet.

Gratuitous photo of said watch at 47,000 feet….

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by simonj; 10th July 2021 at 19:09.

Hi these are easy to find as well on ebay, I have ordered them in the past, as the balls, always come off the springs, but it's only the one way cam, that stops the bezel from rotating in both directions, not so easy to find.