closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Old Rolex ? 6305 repair options

Old Rolex ? 6305 repair options

I'm looking for advice and guidance about service/repair options. I have posted on TRF vintage section as well.
    A work colleague does not know what to do with this watch, which was his father's and has sat in a drawer for many years. It was sent to Rolex for repair in 1993 and sent back as no parts available. Can anyone suggest a possible repair/service option in the UK? Is it worth trying RSC again after all these years?
    Thanks in advance,
    Richard.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Steve Hale.

This is the watchmaker Rolex suggest if they are unable to service/ repair a watch.

www.shwr.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    Steve Hale.

This is the watchmaker Rolex suggest if they are unable to service/ repair a watch.

www.shwr.co.uk
    Thank you very much.

No expert but If they said no in 1993 because they don’t have parts it won’t have changed. Looks like bracelet needs quite a bit of work plus bezel is missing, guessing with gold crown and if the bracelet is original then it probably had a gold fluted
    bezel so someone like Steve Hale probably best to start with but sounds like quite an expensive job.

It may just need a service to get it running, obviously replacing worn parts would be preferable, but if the aim is just getting it running on the understanding that parts haven’t been replaced then most watch repair guys would be able to do it, you could try Brendon at webwatchmaker.com , he’s been in the game a long time and may have the parts.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    It may just need a service to get it running, obviously replacing worn parts would be preferable, but if the aim is just getting it running on the understanding that parts haven’t been replaced then most watch repair guys would be able to do it, you could try Brendon at webwatchmaker.com , he’s been in the game a long time and may have the parts.
    I was going to suggest Brendon, he did my 6424, sourced a new crystal, main spring, tube and crown and polished it but not sure if he could source the bezel or if he would do the bracelet, although it could be switched on to a strap.

Thank you all- some really helpful suggestions

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    Steve Hale.

www.shwr.co.uk
    Just make sure, wingdog, that you have a clear understanding of the work needed and the price. You may be surprised by Steven's charges.
    Last edited by Tinker; 6th July 2021 at 23:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
    Just make sure, wingdog, that you have a clear understanding of the work needed and the price. You may be surprised by Steven's charges.
    Ok-thanks for the heads up.