closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New release: Ming 20.11 Mosaic

New release: Ming 20.11 Mosaic

New Ming flagship is here! Not cheap at 14500 CHF, but it definitely seems a big step up from the world timer/19 series watches. I don't think for me - the 19.01 fills the flashy time only gap for me, but I don't think a buyer would be disappointed. In particular I like the movement finishing, looks really sharp. https://ming.watch/products/ming-20-11-mosaic

Love the craftsmanship and ingenuity behind the mosaic dial, kudos for trying something completely different. As for the price, thankfully the hands are a turn-off for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    Love the craftsmanship and ingenuity behind the mosaic dial, kudos for trying something completely different. As for the price, thankfully the hands are a turn-off for me.
    The craftmanship is always under appreciated with Ming watches - always excellent. I kinda agree on the hands - I think it worked on the chrono, here I'm not so sure.

Master
    Love it as a ming owner although I couldn’t stomach the price tbh!

Master
    Nicer than previous versions but I still much prefer the back!!!

What a stunning piece of design and execution. I know £11k is a hell of a wedge but compared to a stainless steel every-day watch of the same price it looks reasonable.

With the cheaper models grabbing big premiums on the secondary market I wonder if Ming is looking at making a permanent move towards the higher end.

Your 19.01 I prefer by quite a hefty margin, but it's good to see yet another lovely Ming backside.

Master
    Looks like it's put on a bit of a lockdown podge at 41.5mm & 14mm thick, versus his previous models?

I wonder how much that crystal will cost to replace at service time!

Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    Your 19.01 I prefer by quite a hefty margin, but it's good to see yet another lovely Ming backside.
    There is a point of too much of a good thing with the Mosaic. As a luxury daily it's a bit too elaborate for me versus the 19.01.

Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post
    Looks like it's put on a bit of a lockdown podge at 41.5mm & 14mm thick, versus his previous models?
    That's the first thing I thought. I much prefer the slimmer cases. I missed out on the last Massenalab collaboration (although a bb58 blue made up for it) but I'm definitely not interested in this one.

Well lug to lug is 46mm, so it's not massive. A lot of the thickness will be masked due to the casing design. I like the case a lot, seems quite complex, if the size is needed for it to work it's fine. Most Ming watches wear smaller, the diver which I'm wearing now, is a classic example of that.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Well lug to lug is 46mm, so it's not massive. A lot of the thickness will be masked due to the casing design. I like the case a lot, seems quite complex, if the size is needed for it to work it's fine. Most Ming watches wear smaller, the diver which I'm wearing now, is a classic example of that.
    A fair point. I'm not against large watches by the way, I have a couple of Linde Werdelins :-)

Movement does look good, but you don't look at the back all day, do you?

The dial is still not particularly appealing to me.

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    Movement does look good, but you don't look at the back all day, do you?

The dial is still not particularly appealing to me.

M
    The dial is a bit much for me as well - I see the appeal and kudos on the novelty, so if it does appeal to you, you will get a great watch, because as you say, the movement looks excellent and a great change up from the 1902

I think I am over this Ming thing. They appeal to me less and less with each successive release. Except for the Diver on a bracelet, which is sensational IMO.Still looking for one at a reasonable price.

My Massena Ming is due in a couple of weeks. If I could get near what this costs for that then I might go for it

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    I think I am over this Ming thing. They appeal to me less and less with each successive release. Except for the Diver on a bracelet, which is sensational IMO.Still looking for one at a reasonable price.
    It really is - wearing it now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Full agreement with this.

I have a 27.02 due soon which I’ll probably sell , but I’ll keep my diver .

Milked dry.

Quote Originally Posted by numberjack View Post
    Full agreement with this.

I have a 27.02 due soon which I’ll probably sell , but I’ll keep my diver .
    They’ve started to surface on IG - have to say it looks much better than I expected. The movement and case are also so well thought out so you may be surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    People who have bought from Ming in the past, what customs/VAT do you get hit with?

Is this watch really £11k or more like £13-14k?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by lostp View Post
    People who have bought from Ming in the past, what customs/VAT do you get hit with?

Is this watch really £11k or more like £13-14k?
    I would factor in the worst case, 20% vat plus small amount in customs duty & handling fees

Master
    I absolutely love it, but sadly it's out of my price league.

Master
    Horrendously overpriced.

Care to elaborate? Are you aware of the design effort involved? R&D costs? Materials used? Production methods?

Quote Originally Posted by MrBanks View Post
    Horrendously overpriced.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Care to elaborate? Are you aware of the design effort involved? R&D costs? Materials used? Production methods?
    Please tell us, if you are aware.

Stunner from the back, front is nice too but if I had that kind of money this one certainly wouldn't be in contention. Mind you I'd never spend that much on any watch tbh.

I'm not so am challenging the statement that it's overpriced.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post
    Please tell us, if you are aware.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post
    Milked dry.
    Have to agree,

Lovely watch but I wonder if during the lockdown with people more inclined to buy online and hover over the buy button on a computer for 15 minutes these "boutique" brands have thought they were on a winning ticket? Just makes me think with things now opening up and people more likely to go and buy in store from a dealer will they be so inclined to buy into this kind of thing?

Its a shame because its a great looking watch but ruined by the whole buying experience.

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Have to agree,

Lovely watch but I wonder if during the lockdown with people more inclined to buy online and hover over the buy button on a computer for 15 minutes these "boutique" brands have thought they were on a winning ticket? Just makes me think with things now opening up and people more likely to go and buy in store from a dealer will they be so inclined to buy into this kind of thing?

Its a shame because its a great looking watch but ruined by the whole buying experience.
    Prior to the 2701 release (April last year) it was fairly easy to get a Ming 17 watch, at least a few days after release. Lockdown had a massive impact, just not in the way anticipated. I remember chatting to Ming after the first time this madness happened after the 2701 and it was wholly unexpected - people all of a sudden had this built up energy and money and wanted to spend.

In my mind, these flagships were not designed to be sold purely on the internet - Ming have always done mini tours. I bought my 19.01 having seen it in the flesh on their initial debut in Salon QP. Selling the initial 19.01 and 19.02 was not an easy job for them. But now people are willing to buy blind and they sell more than enough (plus they can't travel) so good for them I say.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    I do as it happens; however, I don't care to elaborate too much but this is essentially a 3 hand titanium watch with an outsourced movement and a crystal that's had a laser fired at it. CHF 14k is a lot of money to part with even with a low yield on production for the crystal.
    It is beautiful though and I have no doubt they'll have no trouble selling them.