closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: What is wrong with these morons.

What is wrong with these morons.

http://news.sky.com/story/euro-2020-...abuse-12348557

I watched this match and saw this little girl.

What is wrong with these morons who troll like this. It's about time we put WW2 in the past where it belongs and stopped this stupid laddish behaviour that seems to permeate English sport.

These people are a complete waste of a good human skin.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    So a girl cries, whoopdedoo, that's life, can't believe there is money in the pot, she isn't on social media, they can't locate the family, load of shite.

Yes, how exactly is she abused online?

Too young to have an account and probably to read English too or are our yobs posting in German.

SydR

I think seadog and Kingstepper are missing the point.

Someone felt bad about the unnecessary abuse the girl got online and organised the fundraiser.

The point here is why do people feel the need to abuse such individuals online in the way they did?

People post the vitriol they do in the hope that the individual concerned becomes aware and it has a negative impact on them.

We know nothing more about the girl that in the news report so any speculation on her, or her ability to understand English, is misplaced.
    Last edited by SydR; 4th July 2021 at 18:18.

Quote Originally Posted by SydR View Post

Someone felt bad about the unnecessary abuse the girl got online and organised the fundraiser.

The point here is why do people feel the need to abuse such individuals online in the way they did?

People post the vitriol they do in the hope that the individual concerned becomes aware and it has a negative impact on them.

We know nothing more about the girl that in the news report so any speculation on her, or her ability to understand English, is misplaced.
    We also don't know that she was at all affected by the abuse.

SydR

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    We also don't know that she was at all affected by the abuse.
    As the girl is, so far, unknown, do you have any evidence to support that?

Whether or not she is aware of the abuse such abuse is unacceptable and should be addressed.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Other side of the coin.

Blog Entries

Why do people assume giving her money makes it better?

The girl wasn't crying because of the sick comments, she was just upset her team lost.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

SydR
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Why do people assume giving her money makes it better?

The girl wasn't crying because of the sick comments, she was just upset her team lost.
    The girl wasn’t the one asking for money. Someone, feeling guilty of the abuse fellow humans were directing towards her did.

Will money made if better? Probably not but it will demonstrate that not everyone is a dick.

Whether or not she is aware of the abuse such abuse is unacceptable and should be addressed.
    Do you have any evidence she is affected? If not, why are people thinking like you, throwing cash at her.

Hardly addresses the issue anyway.

SydR
    Do you have any evidence she is affected? If not, why are people thinking like you, throwing cash at her.

Please see my other posts.

As someone with Aspergers I thoughtI missed the point re: sensitivity.

Unfortunately it seems that compassion is amiss amongst many and I’m out. I’ll leave you to your own thoughts.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Pussy way out, it's a debate.

As original poster the point I am trying to make is why do these people feel the need to troll? It is immature and thuggish behaviour and , in the case of Germany, why do we Brits keep harping on about a war 70 years ago. Pathetic.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by brigant View Post
    As original poster the point I am trying to make is why do these people feel the need to troll? It is immature and thuggish behaviour and , in the case of Germany, why do we Brits keep harping on about a war 70 years ago. Pathetic.
    I agree with you. Why do people keep harping on about things that happened hundreds of years ago.

Blog Entries
    The girl wasn’t the one asking for money. Someone, feeling guilty of the abuse fellow humans were directing towards her did.

Will money made if better? Probably not but it will demonstrate that not everyone is a dick.
    Seems strange to think giving some money makes it better.

Must of us know already that not everyone is a dick, I don't think giving a few quid is proof either way tbf.

It’ll also teach her in years to come that if she cries she might get money....good that

just wow...

The money is going to go to a charity that combats online abuse.
    I'm going to donate just to piss you off, you don't seem to like the idea of people doing what they like with their own money.

Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    It’ll also teach her in years to come that if she cries she might get money....good that
    I wish people would read stories before making ill-informed comments, she isn't going to get any money.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Linocut View Post
    just wow...

I'm going to donate just to piss you off, you don't seem to like the idea of people doing what they like with their own money.
    😂😂😂

just wow...

I wish people would read stories before making ill-informed comments, she isn't going to get any money.
    JUST WOWZERS, I really wish that people who corrected people would also check to make sure they’ve read the whole thing....
    From the actual just giving page.....I'd like to think that the parents of the little girl will spend this on a nice treat for her so that she knows that not everyone from the UK is horrible and that we care.
    Last edited by Franky Four Fingers; 4th July 2021 at 19:21.

Master
    Sometimes the coming together, camaraderie and well being on here is amazing & inspiring such as Matt’s charity raffles amongst others.

Other times it makes me wonder just how many twunts exist on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    JUST WOWZERS, I really wish that people who corrected people would also check to make sure they’ve read the whole thing....
    From the actual just giving page.....I'd like to think that the parents of the little girl will spend this on a nice treat for her so that she knows that not everyone from the UK is horrible and that we care.

You missed out this bit, conveniently, from the actual story that was linked in the OP.

"a team at JustGiving has since taken over the effort. They now have a strong lead which they believe will help them to reach the family. The plan then would be to open discussions about donating the money to a charity in line with the message of the campaign."

You missed out this bit, conveniently, from the actual story that was linked in the OP.

"a team at JustGiving has since taken over the effort. They now have a strong lead which they believe will help them to reach the family. The plan then would be to open discussions about donating the money to a charity in line with the message of the campaign."
    Thats as maybe but it’s the actual page he states that so.....yeh

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    .....Other times it makes me wonder just how many twunts exist on here.
    Yep.

I can't be arsed to get into online arguments with anyone but I will say my nephew suffered from online abuse and I think that anyone who thinks it's OK is a complete tool.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Woke twunts annoy me as well.

just wow...

Bless.

Don't forget the Gift Aid BTW.

Have some of you Gentlemen had a drink today?

- - - Updated - - -

just wow...

I like the cut of your jib

One of life's lessons is that we don't always get the result we want, it would be upsetting for many young kids to see their team lose, made worse no doubt by some folk rubbing "salt in the wound" by making fun of Germanys unfortunate past.
    I went to the local pub to see the game, well actually I sat alone in the garden and watched the match on my phone, inside the pub was rammed with as far as I can tell no social distancing and no masks, the chants went along the usual xenophobic anti German lines of WW2 from people who weren't even a glimmer in their grandfather's eye back in the 1940s.
    Hopefully the kid's dad will make it clear that not all Britons are total pis*heads.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by leo1790 View Post
    Yep.

I can't be arsed to get into online arguments with anyone but I will say my nephew suffered from online abuse and I think that anyone who thinks it's OK is a complete tool.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    I don’t think anyone is saying online abuse is ok.

Its football, i remember watching some UK game on TV and the camera did a close up of the crowd and just about every "fan" was throwing things, shouting abuse and putting their middle finger up. It was no minority of morons, they were all morons, hundreds of them

Quote Originally Posted by xellos99 View Post
    Its football, i remember watching some UK game on TV and the camera did a close up of the crowd and just about every "fan" was throwing things, shouting abuse and putting their middle finger up. It was no minority of morons, they were all morons, hundreds of them
    What is a UK game? Was it Wales?

You've provided no context so your post is meaningless.

Yeah but... Is it coming home?

Master
    the people who dont see a problem wouldnt mind their daughters being trolled and memes sent around the world to millions of people then?

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    One of life's lessons is that we don't always get the result we want, it would be upsetting for many young kids to see their team lose, made worse no doubt by some folk rubbing "salt in the wound" by making fun of Germanys unfortunate past.
    I went to the local pub to see the game, well actually I sat alone in the garden and watched the match on my phone, inside the pub was rammed with as far as I can tell no social distancing and no masks, the chants went along the usual xenophobic anti German lines of WW2 from people who weren't even a glimmer in their grandfather's eye back in the 1940s.
    Hopefully the kid's dad will make it clear that not all Britons are total pis*heads.
    From someone else who went to a pub to watch football.
    I watched the game in my local last night. A group of lads sat across the way, aged around early to mid 20’s. They were a bit inebriated having turned up at 3 o’clock to claim their seats, as most of the people there, including myself, had done.
    The singing and chanting began not long after the Czech Republic v Denmark game. Fair do’s, it was harmless fun and it added to the atmosphere, as it normally does.

As the Ukraine sang their national anthem these lads started booing. When the England team took the knee I heard one of the lads shout “fucking stand up” followed by more booing. At the end of the game the camera focused in on a young Ukrainian girl clearly upset at her team being knocked out. The same kind of hateful reaction exhibited by England fans to the young German girl last week was emulated by these lads with shouts of “boo-hoo”, and a totally baffling shout by one of them of “Gold digger” whatever the fuck that meant.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by southerner101 View Post
    the people who dont see a problem wouldnt mind their daughters being trolled and memes sent around the world to millions of people then?
    I don’t think anyone is saying it’s ok that people should do that.

To be honest I wouldn’t want her to be picked out of the crowd and beamed around the world by a TV cameraman either. They went to watch the football not be filmed.

Master
    Not sure if anyone has seen the most recent update on this? The family of the girl were found and asked that the money was donated to UNICEF to benefit children around the globe.

I'll also add that I know, Joel, who started the campaign. It was done so on the basis of its not on to share vile photoshopped images of a young girl which are then circulated on WhatsApp etc. Joel has posted several updates confirming his rationale.

The other side of the coin was the vile trolling. Brain dead Morons calling someone a nonce, threatening serious harm to him and his family. Takeaways being sent to the home of his estranged wife, his kids receiving abuse..... Need I go on.

For context, below are screen grabs showing the types of comments he was receiving and the type of people who were threatening him. It wasn't one or two people, it was loads and loads of bile, venom and vitriol. Funnily enough there was a common theme, the majority had an England flag on there Twitter names and were obsessed with football.

Does raising awareness of online bullying and abuse really deserve that level of abuse? Anyone who thinks it does has serious issues. Answer me this, if it's no big deal, you wouldn't mind sharing a picture of your daughter, grandchild, niece etc and I'll Photoshop it so she's sat on Jimmy Saviles knee add some suitably offensive commentary and get it shared millions of times on WhatsApp / tiktok...... Would it still matter whether or not your daughter knew??? What about the fact your friends, work colleagues, acquaintances, neighbours etc knew and had seen that image(s). Maybe then it would matter.

No harm done though eh?? Particularly nice were the DMs he was receiving.

I'll leave it there.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gingerboy View Post
    Not sure if anyone has seen the most recent update on this? The family of the girl were found and asked that the money was donated to UNICEF to benefit children around the globe.

I'll also add that I know, Joel, who started the campaign. It was done so on the basis of its not on to share vile photoshopped images of a young girl which are then circulated on WhatsApp etc. Joel has posted several updates confirming his rationale.

The other side of the coin was the vile trolling. Brain dead Morons calling someone a nonce, threatening serious harm to him and his family. Takeaways being sent to the home of his estranged wife, his kids receiving abuse..... Need I go on.

For context, below are screen grabs showing the types of comments he was receiving and the type of people who were threatening him. It wasn't one or two people, it was loads and loads of bile, venom and vitriol. Funnily enough there was a common theme, the majority had an England flag on there Twitter names and were obsessed with football.

Does raising awareness of online bullying and abuse really deserve that level of abuse? Anyone who thinks it does has serious issues. Answer me this, if it's no big deal, you wouldn't mind sharing a picture of your daughter, grandchild, niece etc and I'll Photoshop it so she's sat on Jimmy Saviles knee add some suitably offensive commentary and get it shared millions of times on WhatsApp / tiktok...... Would it still matter whether or not your daughter knew??? What about the fact your friends, work colleagues, acquaintances, neighbours etc knew and had seen that image(s). Maybe then it would matter.

No harm done though eh?? Particularly nice were the DMs he was receiving.

I'll leave it there.

Yes, leave it there.

As OOK has said, don't think anyone here is condoning the abuse so why do you appear to be ranting at us?

Yes, leave it there.

As OOK has said, don't think anyone here is condoning the abuse so why do you appear to be ranting at us?
    ISTM he's ranting at the posters of the abuse Joel received. And quite understandably too, given what they're saying.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    ISTM he's ranting at the posters of the abuse Joel received. And quite understandably too, given what they're saying.

R
    Yeah sorry, not been nice seeing hundreds and hundreds of very abusive posts.

Rant mode has been disengaged ;-)

Blog Entries

R
    Understandably so, but they probably aren't members here, so he would probably be better ranting where they are tbh.
    Last edited by oldoakknives; 7th July 2021 at 01:15.

Understandably so, but they probably aren't members here, so he would probably be better ranting where they are tbh.
    I was responding in kind to the 'ranting at us' comment, perhaps better wording would have been 'ranting about them'.

R

Master
    That’s the trouble “they” hide in plain sight.

Blog Entries
    I was responding in kind to the 'ranting at us' comment, perhaps better wording would have been 'ranting about them'.

R
    Yes my misunderstanding.

Oooh, let me think - Some football fans are mindless racist, nationalistic thugs in a nation that has boosted the cult of racist nationalism over the last 5 years, perhaps?

Why is anyone surprised that there's a minority of racist morons in the football fan community? As far back as I can recall, it was probably the easiest place to find such scum.

I saw the young girl on the TV and thought "Ah, poor thing, a lesson in life - Sometimes you're disappointed".

However, like some of the earlier posters, I do agree that 'raising money' seems to be the knee jerk reaction to everything these days (Little girl crying at a football match, man shot by police, etc) - I guess it's easier to donate a couple of quid online that actually think or do anything about it. I'm sure there's a donate-now site somewhere asking for money for racist cretins who have been critised online and it's probably bringing in money.

Actually, there's probably an interesting social experiment there, how much could you raise for a totally fictious cause if you could get it fronted by a TV or sports personality?

M
    Last edited by snowman; 7th July 2021 at 09:53.
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    Actually, there's probably an interesting social experiment there, how much could you raise for a totally fictious cause if you could get it fronted by a TV or sports personality?
    Along the lines of Shannon Matthews?

R

Along the lines of Shannon Matthews?

R
    Hadn't thought of it like that, but I take your point.

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

For something that is supposed to unite all classes creeds and colours football just seems to bring out the worst in people. I agree with this fellah:

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post
    For something that is supposed to unite all classes creeds and colours football just seems to bring out the worst in people. I agree with this fellah:

Haha. Wise man.