closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Recommend me a decent cordless razor

Recommend me a decent cordless razor

Afternoon All

I shave once a week, usually at the gym on a Sunday. My trusty old Philips cordless has died.

I noticed it was taking a ridiculously long time to shave and that it wasn’t holding a charge anymore.

What I would like is a premium razor that will cut through a week of growth. Not that bothered about fancy docking stations etc.

Anyone have any recommendations please?

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I use a Braun series 9. It’s pretty good after 2 days growth but anything after its a struggle as I would imagine any others would be too.

I always replace the foil every year and it makes a huge difference to the quality of shave, but a weeks worth is pushing it for any shaver.
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

You'd need a decent pair of clippers for a week's growth, I can't see any electric razor getting through a week.

Sounds like you could do with a Wahl Aquablade. It is fantastic but more a close trimmer to 0.2mm so not a strict razor. For that I use my trusty DE razor which is also cordless

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    You'd need a decent pair of clippers for a week's growth, I can't see any electric razor getting through a week.
    Agreed unless the OP has either very slow growing or very fine facial hair. My Braun shaver definitely wouldn't get through a weeks growth, after three days it's a struggle.

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    Agreed unless the OP has either very slow growing or very fine facial hair. My Braun shaver definitely wouldn't get through a weeks growth, after three days it's a struggle.

Yep, should have said that it is slow-growing!

I do have a beard trimmer but generally the old razor could cut through without having to trim it down first!

Easy - Phillips one blade. Will easily do a couple of weeks growth, in fact I used it to remove about 3 months to clean shaven recently and it worked perfectly well, I planned on using a beard trimmer first but didn’t need it. I have what I’d describe as a medium beard thickness, I reckon with a full charge it would tackle even a thick beard tbh. Cuts right at the base of the hair (I did use the 5mm attachment to take a lot off first now I’m thinking about it) but it really is easy to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by j0hnbarker View Post
    Yep, should have said that it is slow-growing!

I do have a beard trimmer but generally the old razor could cut through without having to trim it down first!
    Wish mine was slow growing, hate shaving but it's too patchy to have a beard. What is there is like wire.

Master
    This is the only one that works for me and all the rotary, Phillips style razors leave me with an awful neck rash.
    Just bought another and the last one was about 20 years old. As others have said thought ok for 2-3 days growth max.

https://www.braunshop.co.uk/series-3...SABEgL54fD_BwE

Great razors but remember to change the cutting cartridge every couple of years.

Cheers
    Neil

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    Easy - Phillips one blade. Will easily do a couple of weeks growth, in fact I used it to remove about 3 months to clean shaven recently and it worked perfectly well, I planned on using a beard trimmer first but didn’t need it. I have what I’d describe as a medium beard thickness, I reckon with a full charge it would tackle even a thick beard tbh. Cuts right at the base of the hair (I did use the 5mm attachment to take a lot off first now I’m thinking about it) but it really is easy to use.

Phillips one blade is the answer

I had a few Philips three head rotary razors over the years, they all left my face feeling like it had been sandpapered, someone suggested Panasonic, not expensive and work brilliantly, work really well be it one day or a week, no rash, no stinging, they just work.

Journeyman
    I used Phillips for years and recently switched to a Braun series 9. I have to say I'm preferring the Braun.

Master
    I had the braun series 9 for Xmas with the cleaning station and its very good

Craftsman

yep

Quote Originally Posted by BritishExpat View Post
    Phillips one blade is the answer
    I concur, great little item that can use a variety of guards to adjust the cutting length.

Thanks everyone!

In the end, the blingy side won and I got the Braun Series 9 (I was tempted by the gold version but my wife said that was a step too far).

Used it after my regular gym session for the first time today. It whipped off a week of growth in a couple of mins, and crucially my skin was fine and not irritated in the slightest. My old Philips was like using an orbital sander by the last knockings!

Recommend me a decent cordless razor

I missed the bus on this but the aqua blade by wahl has to be the best bit of kit I’ve ever bought

The charge lasts for what seems to be an eternity
    Can take in the shower
    Use all over the body too

https://www.wahl.co.uk/product/aqua-...-multigroomer/