closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Speedbird III vs Sinn 556i

Speedbird III vs Sinn 556i

My base question is; is the Sinn worth double the cost? I've been offered a 556i brand new on H-Link bracelet for a very competitive price however that's still double the cost of my SBIII.

ETA vs Selitta?

Both have more WR that I'd ever need.

Both are anti-magnetic.

So is the additional Sinn cost all in the brand name?

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Craftsman
    Movements are more or less the same
    If the case specs for the speedbird meets what you need and you like the design then why bother changing.

The differences will not just be in brand name, the designs are different so the manufacturing costs will be different, also the Sinn cases are manufactured in Germany which will factor into the costs.

Sinn retail their watches in traditional shops not just online so there are greater supply chain costs to factor in.

Only you can really decide if the sinn is worth more than the speedbird

Master
    Both have Sellita movements now.

The SB3 offers a little more value in the fact that it has a stem that’s screwed into the case versus a press fit and a soft iron dial. I could well be wrong but I haven’t seen any mention of these features in the 556i.

I've been wearing my SB since I wrote the post and I don't believe it's in any way inferior to the Sinn and I prefer the appearance so quandary over. Thanks for your input.

Imho, the 556i is a bit more refined and versatile while I consider the SBIII more toolish. I'd also give the 556i a slight edge in terms of case and dial finishing over the SBIII.
    Sinn's sapphire crystals have AR coating on both sides, which is very effective but can scratch.

On wrist, the SBIII is the chunkier and more substantial watch of the two. I ended up selling mine because I found it too heavy for my liking, but that is of course a matter of personal preference.

It all depends if the concept of "brand" means anything to you. For some brand is everything, whilst for others not so much. There is also the subject of spare parts when looking forward into the distant future.
    "The whole purpose of mechanical watches is to be impertinent." ~ Lionel a Marca, CEO of Breguet