closing tag is in template navbar
Time Factors Watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: Omega Seamaster 25945000 America Cup 2003 value?

  1. #1
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Bristol uk
    Posts
    644

    Omega Seamaster 25945000 America Cup 2003 value?

    Just a quicky!! Iíve been offered a near mint 2003 25945000 Seamaster as part of an exchange for one of my motorbikes... whatís the realistic market value of these watches ? Itís got all box and papers tag etc. Itís on the original bracelet FYI.
    Sorry about the photo focus.. they arenít the pics that I took just the ones he sent me.
    Thanks in advance.






    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Bristol uk
    Posts
    644
    More or less than 2k? Thatís what Iím looking at as part of the payment?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Master Christian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,424
    Quite a difficult one to gauge as there arenít that many of these about and I donít think it is a massively sought after model.

    I was going to say off the top of my head £2000 private sale if it is a watch you are particularly after?

  4. #4
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Bristol uk
    Posts
    644

    Omega Seamaster 25945000 America Cup 2003 value?

    Nope I donít really want to get stuck with one of these. Especially as ití will only be worth 2k upon resale at best. Apparently itís only been worn for 4 hrs in its life Ö. We shall see when the updated pics arrive tomorrow.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Stilgoe1972; 3rd July 2021 at 07:38.

  5. #5
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    3,284
    There are 3 FS on chrono24, all dealers, at roughly 2.5, 2.6 & 3.4k
    I'm thinking £2,000 would be achievable for a virtually NOS example. It is rather lovely.


    Sent from my Nokia 3.1 using TZ-UK mobile app

  6. #6
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Bristol uk
    Posts
    644
    Yeah I saw the ones on Chrono 24 but thatís a different world in price world , a bit like eBay!! Having looked a SC history seamasters only seem to fetch £1700-£1800. The seller assured me that itís mint as itís only been worn for 4 hours in its life but weíve all heard that before and we all have different ideas of mintÖ


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Master Sinnlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,381
    I am not sure I would take a watch in trade for a bike or car or anything really.
    Why give your self the hassle of having to sell another item you donít want?
    Especially when you have no idea on what figure cash you will actually walk away with.
    Thatís not even mentioning the fact it could be a fake (not saying this is) have non OEM parts or at best be in desperate need of a service.

  8. #8
    Master Jon Kenney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Vietnam
    Posts
    3,249
    I'd pay £2000. £2250 if a minter.

  9. #9
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Bristol uk
    Posts
    644
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    I am not sure I would take a watch in trade for a bike or car or anything really.
    Why give your self the hassle of having to sell another item you donít want?
    Especially when you have no idea on what figure cash you will actually walk away with.
    Thatís not even mentioning the fact it could be a fake (not saying this is) have non OEM parts or at best be in desperate need of a service.
    Yeah it is becoming a bit of a pain in the arse. The fake factor had entered my head actually. I will see when the pics turn up. It will be F2F if it happens as he will pick up the bike at the same time. Itís never been serviced either.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Grand Master Wallasey Runner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Merry Old England
    Posts
    13,170
    As stated, not a popular model and will probably be difficult to sell with bath time looming for you if you try and turn it in to cash. If you like the watch and want to keep it then thatís a different matter.

    Taking it in just to resell isnít really a good idea on this one.

  11. #11
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Bristol uk
    Posts
    644
    Well as it transpires the watch was in pretty good Knick as described. Near mint , full set. Never serviced though which was a bit of a sticking point for me. £400 all day long to service it was new in 2003 so it most likely needed one. I offered £2000 value wise within the sale of the bike and he wanted £2500 as he said heíd get £2500 on eBay easily. Itís now a straight sale for the bike which Iím sort of pleased about as itís less grief. If anybody wants a 2003 Omega speedmaster America cup Chrono for about £2500 they can have his details.







    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Bristol uk
    Posts
    644

    Omega Seamaster 25945000 America Cup 2003 value?

    Well.... so much for a straight sale... had the watch in hand today and it was really nice.... oh no....We had already agreed on a no watch involved sale but I told him to bring it anyway as Iíve never seen an early Seamaster in the flesh. Long story short I now own a 2003 Seamaster !!




    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Stilgoe1972; 4th July 2021 at 20:11.

  13. #13
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,205
    That is a very nice watch, congratulations!

  14. #14
    Master Christian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,424
    Looks in superb condition...he really took care of that.

  15. #15
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Bristol uk
    Posts
    644

    Omega Seamaster 25945000 America Cup 2003 value?

    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Looks in superb condition...he really took care of that.
    I get the impression that he hated it . He never put it on as it was a present from his ex wife in 2004. It was in the original carrier bag (John Pass) in Crewe that it was purchased in from 2004.!! He was shocked when I pointed him in the direction of the potential value. He was pleased to be rid of it I think.
    The only fault with it is the clasp brushing. It had some minor marks on it so he polished them off along with the brushing.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Stilgoe1972; 4th July 2021 at 22:24.

  16. #16
    Master Christian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,424
    Brushing is usually an easy fix..best done on a machine but acceptable results can be obtained by hand if it bothers you in between service. The trick is to make sure you brush one direction only in a very straight path using the right grade of wet/dry paper...you can even get away with a nail buffer (the one that has the 6 sections of differing coarsness on it).

    The photo looks fine though...its always an area that will pick up the odd mark, so I probably wouldn't bother with brushing until servicing.

  17. #17
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Bristol uk
    Posts
    644
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Brushing is usually an easy fix..best done on a machine but acceptable results can be obtained by hand if it bothers you in between service. The trick is to make sure you brush one direction only in a very straight path using the right grade of wet/dry paper...you can even get away with a nail buffer (the one that has the 6 sections of differing coarsness on it).

    The photo looks fine though...its always an area that will pick up the odd mark, so I probably wouldn't bother with brushing until servicing.
    My thoughts exactly. I might see if I can pick up an omega rubber strap for it as I prefer them anyway.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. #18
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    2,435
    Very nice. These would appear to be similar size & shape to the 7750 based Seamaster chronos and Iíve had a few of those. They are a bit of a lump and, IMO, best suited to the bracelet, as they can feel a bit top heavy on a strap.
    BTW, Bry sells a nifty little gadget for rebrushing these Seamaster clasps. It ensures that you end up with a factory-like finish of perfectly straight graining, properly in line with the clasp edges.

  19. #19
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Bristol uk
    Posts
    644

    Omega Seamaster 25945000 America Cup 2003 value?

    Quote Originally Posted by TomGW View Post
    Very nice. These would appear to be similar size & shape to the 7750 based Seamaster chronos and Iíve had a few of those. They are a bit of a lump and, IMO, best suited to the bracelet, as they can feel a bit top heavy on a strap.
    BTW, Bry sells a nifty little gadget for rebrushing these Seamaster clasps. It ensures that you end up with a factory-like finish of perfectly straight graining, properly in line with the clasp edges.
    Thanks, Iíve contacted Bry so I may get that sorted soonÖ the movement cal 3303 series is based on an F. Piguet design I believe which is supposedly pretty good. Having owned a DSSD before I know where you are coming from with the top heavy thoughts. This omega being thinner doesnít really feel any larger than my Tudor Bronze and wears really nicely.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Stilgoe1972; 6th July 2021 at 22:39.

  20. #20
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Wakefield, West Yorkshire
    Posts
    20,057
    Lovely example, donít worry about the clasp getting scuffed, its unavoidable on these. A scotchbrite pad wrapped around a ruler can be used to refinish them but it pays not to be too precious about the marks.

    Iíve never worked on this movement but I know Omega made several modifications and upgrades, with recommendations to change parts for the later versions. I think it's worth biting the bullet and having it serviced by an Omega accredited repairer or Omega service centre. Itís not one Iíd get involved with but I donít specialise in chronographs, Iím OK with some but not others, restricted parts supply is a major issue to me with these movements.

    Enjoy the watch, early 2000s was Omegas second golden era IMO.

  21. #21
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Bristol uk
    Posts
    644
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Lovely example, donít worry about the clasp getting scuffed, its unavoidable on these. A scotchbrite pad wrapped around a ruler can be used to refinish them but it pays not to be too precious about the marks.

    Iíve never worked on this movement but I know Omega made several modifications and upgrades, with recommendations to change parts for the later versions. I think it's worth biting the bullet and having it serviced by an Omega accredited repairer or Omega service centre. Itís not one Iíd get involved with but I donít specialise in chronographs, Iím OK with some but not others, restricted parts supply is a major issue to me with these movements.

    Enjoy the watch, early 2000s was Omegas second golden era IMO.
    Hi, thanks for your helpful comments:) Funnily enough I was going to ask you about servicing this but as you have said and is pretty well documented they did make quite a few changes to it as I believe that there may have been a few problems along the way. I have been quoted for a full service at a Omega accredited centre and it wasnít too bad actually .


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information