timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Oh yes! The Many Saints of Newark - A Sopranos Story *trailer

Blog Entries

Oh yes! The Many Saints of Newark - A Sopranos Story *trailer

Out in November, now the (first?) trailer:

Master
    Can’t wait for this

Can’t wait. Gandolfini Jr playing young Tony as well !

Wow! Looks great...gonna be a big winner.

Looking forward to watching this , thanks for posting .

Craftsman
    Looking forward to this!

Master
    I thought this might be about Nottinghamshire and the anguished prayers of those waiting for a connection on the East Coast Mainline.

Really looking forward to this.

The soundtrack should also be excellent.

They appear to have cast it very well - Bernthal, Stoll & Famigia match the characters of Johnny Boy, Junior & Livia Soprano as I envisage them, both physically and in terms of characteristics. Much will hinge upon Michael Gandolfini’s performance, of course.

Never watched it but I have been to the real Bada Bing. Its actually called Satin Dolls. I didn't have a clue about the Sopranos connection until I was told!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    Really looking forward to this.

The soundtrack should also be excellent.

They appear to have cast it very well - Bernthal, Stoll & Famigia match the characters of Johnny Boy, Junior & Livia Soprano as I envisage them, both physically and in terms of characteristics. Much will hinge upon Michael Gandolfini’s performance, of course.
    "The fundamental question is will the son be an effective an actor as his Dad was? Until he is it's gonna be hard to verify that we think he will be more effective'"

Little Carmine's malapropism works well here

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Can’t wait. Currently rewatching the entire Sopranos series for 3rd time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always enjoyed the flashbacks in the Sopranos with Johnny boy etc and hopefully this film will deliver.

Would have preferred a series though.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    I always enjoyed the flashbacks in the Sopranos with Johnny boy etc and hopefully this film will deliver.

Would have preferred a series though.
    I don't want to see the whole cold cuts /like it standing with the bone scene again. Gave me the creeps !!

Although the guy (who sadly passed away this year) playing a young Johnny boy was epic with that crazy wild eyed stare.

He was in Carlitos way also

Last edited by bond; 3rd July 2021 at 20:57.

Quote Originally Posted by bond View Post
    "The fundamental question is will the son be an effective an actor as his Dad was? Until he is it's gonna be hard to verify that we think he will be more effective'"

Little Carmine's malapropism works well here
    Well played, it is indeed very apt. And who doesn’t enjoy a Little Carmine quote?!

As I’m sure you know, there’s an interesting theory that Little Carmine wasn’t quite as thick as he let on, orchestrating affairs so as to be left almost the ‘last man standing’ in the end, in position to control both his New York family and the much-diminished New Jersey mob.

Quote Originally Posted by Linc View Post
    Can’t wait. Currently rewatching the entire Sopranos series for 3rd time.
    It’s so richly layered it really does reward repeat viewings.

In case you’re not aware, the actors who played Christopher Moltisanti & Bobby Bacala have a fantastic podcast called ‘Talking Sopranos’, with a podcast devoted to each episode in broadcast order. I’ve been re-watching the series in tandem with the relevant podcast episode and (even for someone who’s watched the series multiple times and likes to think they read quite deeply into such things) it’s revealed things I hadn’t even noticed. Very informative, reveals the clever writing & production and all done in an enjoyably knock-about, entertaining style. Michael Imperioli is a very cultured, learned guy, and Steven Schirripa is hilarious and amusingly unfiltered in his stories re celebrity.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the podcasts heads up.

I did have a vague idea or understanding Imperioli dabbled in producing /directing and which is ironic given his characters failed ambition and he's seems well read more than the usual characters he portrays.

Your quite right about Little Carmine and his aloofness or even plain perceived stupidity was or could be construed as a ruse to distance himself from the power struggles . As he said many times many times he brought together a meeting of minds and the respective bottom lines . I always thought his chameleon like persona caused me to see him as a clever businessman- more like Michael Corleone than the others.

Many would disagree , but he was able to a degree, stay neutral and not drawn into street level sqaubbles never getting his hands remotely dirty. Possibly he was plain lucky or very, very smart.

Agreed the show was multi layered with subtle nuances and only on repeat viewing can you truly appreciate the writing and acting but to have the actors add more is better

Blog Entries
    The breakdown of the 'Many Saints...' trailer.

Warning: contains (possible) spoilers. Without giving anything away: a lot of what we see in the trailer has been said/told in the series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKzO_FCuSJ0