closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Good price for Omega SMP 300M

Craftsman

Good price for Omega SMP 300M

Hi Watch Fam

Ive had an offer of £2000 for my 15 year old Omega Seamaster Professional 300M full size. The watch has never been serviced. It has been carefully worn and in very good shape. I've tried to research prices but they vary from 1300 up to 3k mark. So I can't tell if this is a reasonable offer or not. What do you guys think?

Would need to know more...box, papers? Which model? Quartz, auto?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Would need to know more...box, papers? Which model? Quartz, auto?
    Hi there, model 2531.80.00, blue bezel/face, automatic 41mm. Full set including hang tag. cheers

I'm no expert on current prices but seems like a fair price for a private sale. Best bet is to check what is available on private sale forums...search SC, chrono24, eBay to gauge.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Who offered you £2k and did you approach them, Watchfinder? as you are actively looking to sell.
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Watch Fam?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post
    Who offered you £2k and did you approach them, Watchfinder? as you are actively looking to sell.
    yep Watchfinder. They said it didn't need any work doing. I was sure they would low ball me as it has never been serviced. I'm consolidating at the moment and I haven't worn the SMP in years i would say.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Watch Fam?
    not a theo and harris fan?

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Linc View Post
    yep Watchfinder. They said it didn't need any work doing. I was sure they would low ball me as it has never been serviced. I'm consolidating at the moment and I haven't worn the SMP in years i would say.
    considering what they offered me for a new in box,unworn and snickered Tudor GMT I would say thats a very fair offer. You may get an extra £100 or 2 privately but if you are not wearing it I think £2k is a very fair offer.

Assuming they have the watch (just reading between the lines) you could try refusing their offer and ask them to return the watch, that might up their offer a little.
    Cheers,

Ben

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    One other question, was the £2k offer a “to buy” offer or part ex against something else?
    Cheers,

Ben

Craftsman
    One other question, was the £2k offer a “to buy” offer or part ex against something else?

Straight sale. Have mega credit card bill coming up due to other purchase so wanted a relatively quick sale.

Craftsman
    considering what they offered me for a new in box,unworn and snickered Tudor GMT I would say thats a very fair offer. You may get an extra £100 or 2 privately but if you are not wearing it I think £2k is a very fair offer.

Assuming they have the watch (just reading between the lines) you could try refusing their offer and ask them to return the watch, that might up their offer a little.
    yep they have the watch. Thanks for advice. My concern was that they were low balling me. I'm quite happy to accept a fair offer from them to save me the hassle of selling privately.

not a theo and harris fan?
    Just googled them. It's a US watch shop. What am I missing?

Master
    I’d echo the above and say that’s a pretty good from Watchfinder, especially for a watch that hasn’t been serviced.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Just googled them. It's a US watch shop. What am I missing?
    they have a you tube channel, thats there tag line. not everyones cup of tea tbf

Agree - seems like a good price from WF.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Straight sale. Have mega credit card bill coming up due to other purchase so wanted a relatively quick sale.
    I would be happy with that and not feel cheated if I took it.
    Cheers,

Ben

Craftsman
    Well, done the deal with WF. Thanks chaps. Can always rely on forum members for sound advice.

Master
    Sounds like a very generous offer to me, a misprice even. I can't see even a clean and recently serviced SMP Bond Auto full set making more than £2K in a private sale either here or on ebay, for one with no recent service history I would suggest £1,750 would be more like it. Snap their hand off before they find a reason to chisel you down (EDIT it seems you already have). 2254s do fetch more but not the skeleton hands models I find.

Perhaps it is an indication of an imminent correction upwards in SMP prices, WF aren't daft and presumably they think they can retail (once serviced inhouse) it at circa £2,750-£3K or else why would they bother.
    Last edited by Padders; 3rd July 2021 at 11:41.

These are absolute BARGAINS. It's a classic watch for sure and one time it was considered a Submariner rival.

Full set Sub is now a 10K watch and these for around five times less. Madness.

Master
    I agree that £2k is a very decent offer from WF. However prices of excellent examples of these are only going one way at the moment and, IMO, may have some way to go. There will be a widening gap between the value of minty examples and the merely decent.

If WF paid £2k, they’ll reckon they can sell for £3k.

Really comfortable diver to wear but I always found these to look a bit dated to be honest. I’ve owned 2 in the past. Whereas the Sub is classic all the way back to the 60s, these remind me of the 1990s just like the Tag Link does. Always surprised the elements of this design outlasted the sword hand/speedmaster bracelet update.
    Last edited by Christian; 5th July 2021 at 08:55.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    If WF paid £2k, they’ll reckon they can sell for £3k.

Really comfortable diver to wear but I always found these to look a bit dated to be honest. I’ve owned 2 in the past. Whereas the Sub is classic all the way back to the 60s, these remind me of the 1990s just like the Tag Link does. Always surprised the elements of this design outlasted the sword hand/speedmaster bracelet update.

I think I agree. And probably the reason why I stopped wearing it. It's an iconic watch and I really enjoyed it. (I also loved the Bond connection, being a huge Bond fan) but then I just kind of fell out of love with it.

Grand Master
    I’m surprised Watchfinder are offering so strongly on this. However, condition of the bezel, bracelet and case have a major bearing and if all are excellent the watch will attract a good price. Lack if servicing would worry me, I can only assume the watch has had a very gentle life otherwise it would’ve given up the ghost by now, I’ve seen these running very poorly after 7-8 years of regular wear. Likewise, bracelets can suffer if the watch leads a hard life, they get so bad they need replacing.

Snap their hand off.....provided you really want to sell it.

Craftsman
    My mate just paid £2200 for 1997 quartz midi from watchfinder so prices are definitely on the way up i think.

Sent from my SM-G960F using TZ-UK mobile app