closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Pulsar G10

Master

Pulsar G10

I’m thinking of getting one and am looking for some guidance. Possibly one from 2010; no it’s not my birth year. What is a fair price these days? Anything to look out for? Is MWR my best bet?

Pulsar G10

Quote Originally Posted by gerrudd View Post
    I’m thinking of getting one and am looking for some guidance. Possibly one from 2010; no it’s not my birth year. What is a fair price these days? Anything to look out for? Is MWR my best bet?
    Yes MWR will come up trumps most of the time but some of the well known surplus dealers also have them
    Anchor supplies etc.
    Price wise I have no idea as they have never really floated my boat but they used to be under £100
    They are not worth that much more to be honest they were made to a budget and the mineral glass means they are usually pretty battered. They feel really light and flimsy compared to a CWC. I am not a fan - don’t let me put you off though.
    The longer hand version looks a bit better than the shorter to my eyes.
    I would look for a Pulsar RAF chrono if looking for a cheaper MOD watch. Gen 1s are harder to find as they had a dodgy crown (but better looking), so left service quite quickly, the Gen 2 are more common, both are quite good looking and are robust enough for daily wear (they are no seiko gen 1 or 2 though). They both have the same mineral crystal as the G10s though.

Gen1

Gen2

Images nicked from the web
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 1st July 2021 at 20:13.

Master
    Thanks as always for the information. I’ve actually been offered at Gen 2 (non issued) Seiko at what seems a ggood price so am mulling that over. Maybe the gen 2 pulsar chronograph would be a good compromise.

Quote Originally Posted by gerrudd View Post
    Thanks as always for the information. I’ve actually been offered at Gen 2 (non issued) Seiko at what seems a ggood price so am mulling that over. Maybe the gen 2 pulsar chronograph would be a good compromise.
    A seiko Gen 2 is a much better watch
    I wore mine yesterday, it’s such a small, thin chrono. I wears really well
    The civi versions are identical bar the case back.