closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anyone with an Omega parts account? Dial sought.

Anyone with an Omega parts account? Dial sought.

Hello All

Are there any ADs or watchmakers on here who could source an Omega dial?

I'm looking at getting a dial for the 2nd gen Speedy Reduced automatic? Ref is 3539.50. (It's the one with the twin "Speedy dots" at 12 o'clock and without the annoying minute numbers at the hour hashes. I'm looking to mod a 3150.50 with the cleaner, later dial.)

Thanks

Ollie

Hi Ollie

Worth contacting these guys they seem to be able to acquire a variety of Speedy dials and if they don’t have what you want they probably know how to..

https://www.swisslimitededitions.com/speedmaster-dials

Quote Originally Posted by TKH View Post
    Hi Ollie

Worth contacting these guys they seem to be able to acquire a variety of Speedy dials and if they don’t have what you want they probably know how to..

https://www.swisslimitededitions.com/speedmaster-dials
    Thanks! Email sent.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Ive tried to source part for Omega in the past and I cant find anyone with an Omega account to supply parts only as they are strictly forbidden to do so.

I was after a bezel for a vintage piece which was available via Omega but could not find anyone to supply only (an easy fit) but they were happy to order the part and fit themselves.

That leaves the likes of resellers at very inflated prices.
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post
    That leaves the likes of resellers at very inflated prices.
    I'm in the same boat I need an omega seamaster 165.024 dial, cousins have them for £220 if you have the right account yet I can't buy one from a reseller for less than £475

Frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by vortex89 View Post
    I'm in the same boat I need an omega seamaster 165.024 dial, cousins have them for £220 if you have the right account yet I can't buy one from a reseller for less than £475

Frustrating.
    I believe a Cousins trade account is quite easy to open, it used to be anyway.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Master
    Frustrating indeed. I need a handset and crystal for an Omega Dynamic and can’t find them either. Are there any trusted Omega-certified repairers who would source and fit these items without requiring a full movement service ( which in this case is very much not needed )?

Let's storm Bienne with our pitchforks and flaming torches.

"What do we want?"
    "NOS spare parts!
    "When do we want them?"
    "Now!"

At least it's not Rolex. (Think of a number, double it, add three zeros to the end.)

Grand Master
    Imagine how you’d feel if you had the skills and capability to service Omega watches and fit the parts.......if you could get hold of them!

Been there, done that, ranted and wrung my hands over it .....now I take the philosophical view and accept the situation. I have a limited stock of Omega movement parts for the 1960s/70s models but when they’re gone they're gone. Priority goes to my own collection and any fixer uppers I aquire, I’ve given up trying to replenish my stocks.

Frankly, I’m amazed that people still find it surprising, Swatch Group started restricting parts supply in 2015 so it’s not what I class as news. Perhaps people could've shouted louder at the time?

Give me one good reason why an accredited repairer with an Omega parts account should jeopardise his livelihood by supplying Omega parts to third parties?

The EU has just introduced (or it has just come into force) legislation regarding the owner / user ‘right to repair’ for electronic goods. It will be interesting to see if they decide to extend legislation beyond that remit.

Master
    Ia an Accredited Repairer with an Omega Parts Account allowed to fit a replacement dial that is not an exact identical replacement for the watch (as required by the OP)?
    Just wondering if it is possible to ask an Accredited Dealer to switch Omega dials for different colour / style variation on watches with the same case / model range?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ENES View Post
    Ia an Accredited Repairer with an Omega Parts Account allowed to fit a replacement dial that is not an exact identical replacement for the watch (as required by the OP)?
    Just wondering if it is possible to ask an Accredited Dealer to switch Omega dials for different colour / style variation on watches with the same case / model range?
    I don't believe so, no. I think it goes that if after any intervention, the modded watch doesn't match a pukka model no. offered by Omega, then it can't happen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Annoyingly ebay has lots of loose dials for the 3150.00 but none for the 3539.50.

(Maybe others have done the same mod? The 3150 was in production for longer though so there's more of them around.)

I'll stick a saved search on there and see if one turns up. I can fit it myself if I can source one.

Grand Master
    I own a 3510.50 Speedy Reduced and I’m v.pleased with it. I see some appeal in swapping the dial for the later one, I prefer it, but the improvement is marginal and even if dials could still be bought easily for around £150 I don’t think it's worth swapping. The cost of swapping is going to be significant, I would contact an accredited repairer such as Duncan at Genesis, that might be a cheapest option. If the watch hasn’t been serviced for years it might make sense to get it serviced too.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    I own a 3510.50 Speedy Reduced and I’m v.pleased with it. I see some appeal in swapping the dial for the later one, I prefer it, but the improvement is marginal and even if dials could still be bought easily for around £150 I don’t think it's worth swapping. The cost of swapping is going to be significant, I would contact an accredited repairer such as Duncan at Genesis, that might be a cheapest option. If the watch hasn’t been serviced for years it might make sense to get it serviced too.
    I'm delighted to hear that you like your Speedy Reduced, you're one of the members whose word I really respect. I like mine, too: automatic, <40mm, 18mm lugs -- all things I love in a watch.

Re the dials: tbh I think you're right. The later (3539.50) dial is less cluttered than the 3510.50 and has the twin dots at 12, so more like a "proper" Speedy but as you say the difference is marginal.

I've had two quotes so far: £399 (which does not include fitting it as well, just the loose part) and £260.00 including VAT + £49 partial repair/admin/handling charge (so £310).

Hardly worth it for such marginal gain.

For that money I'd be better off actually getting a 3539.50 (which also has better WR and sapphire -- although I do like the hesalite on the 3510.50.) The trouble then is that the price of 3539.50's is a fair chunk of change more than the 3510.50. Frankly at those sort of prices they are "reduced" in size only and you're into full-fat Professional territory.