closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: IWC repair advice/suggestions

IWC repair advice/suggestions

Hi,

Does anybody fancy having a go at a repair on my watch?

I have an IWC 3740 on which I have stupidly broken the lower pusher when removing the back to replace the battery. The stem within the button has snapped. I have the button and spring.

I have sent it to my local watchmaker for repair but they are unable to help as they can't obtain the original or generic part. I have tried the forum professionals - Paul/Walkerwek and Duncan at Genesis with the same result. And also Prestige Time Services.

It's looking like I will have to send it off to IWC unless someone has a better idea.

I'd be happy for a competent amateur to have a look at it to see if the stem can be fixed or a part can be cannibalised from somewhere - obviously at my risk and I'd cover costs.

Thanks, Mark

Master
    If neither Paul or Duncan want to tackle it I would be very wary about handing it over to any well meaning amateur. I had Duncan repair & service an Omega 321 Speedy for me and, as part of that job, he had to ‘manufacture’ at least one unobtainable part, so I know that he has the tools and the skill set. If he has declined the task there’s likely a very good reason.
    The one suggestion I would make is to contact Brendan Hoey, Torquay, webwatchmaker.co.uk. He will certainly be worth a try.
    Last edited by TomGW; 30th June 2021 at 22:29.

Hi,

I've contacted Brendan but no luck, he suggests it's back to IWC.

I have contacted them by email - very polite and professional - but I'm expecting to have my pants taken down !!!

Mark

Craftsman
    Got any pics of the problem?

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After initially thinking he couldn't help, Brendan has contacted me to say that he would try.

The watch was sent to him and he has managed to sort it quickly from parts he had available.

Result !

Thanks for all the comments and advice.

Mark

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by markl View Post
    After initially thinking he couldn't help, Brendan has contacted me to say that he would try.

The watch was sent to him and he has managed to sort it quickly from parts he had available.

Result !

Thanks for all the comments and advice.

Mark
    Result. Glad you got it sorted.