closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Spiderman with his (what looks like a) Patek

Spiderman with his (what looks like a) Patek

I think Tom Holland aka Spiderman in the Marvel franchise was sporting a gold PP Aquanaut in an interview with Stephen Colbert (I'm hoping it was a PP otherwise this thread will go rapidly downhill)

You'd normally associate gold watches on a strap more with formal attire - maybe with a suit, but I think it looks really good with his smart-casual set up (he was wearing trousers not jeans)...possibly because of the dimensions, case shape and with the rubber strap.

The Aquanaut is probably the most versatile watch I've ever owned. Gorgeous things and massively underrated on here by those who've not had the good fortune to try one.

Noticed that on his wrist in a Graham Norton interview a couple of years ago. Possibly his daily wearer, good on him going for a bit of stealth instead of the full gold Rolex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    The Aquanaut is probably the most versatile watch I've ever owned. Gorgeous things and massively underrated on here by those who've not had the fortune to try one.
    Fixed that. It's not good fortune, it's a large fortune that you need. I'd be all over one if I had the f-f-f-folding money.

He also has a white Daytona.

Would buy as only watch if it was available at rrp.

Popular watches, Paul McCartney has been wearing his steel version for years now. Very light, extremely comfortable and really clear for those who generally wear glasses.

The Aquanaut is probably the most versatile watch I've ever owned. Gorgeous things and massively underrated on here by those who've not had the good fortune to try one.
    Also underrated by those who own one; i.e. me. I bought mine new 2 years ago and have worn it twice, it's kept in the drawer. I just find it too light (mine is only SS though, not gold). I'll sell it a few years down the road (when it's safe to do so) and it should fund my 5164 (which might have turned up by then - hoping I beat kultschar!).

Craftsman
    Tom Holland has a serious watch collection. He is a big fan of Cartier and Patek ( also Rolex) it’s great to see young successful man enjoying himself. Best of luck to him!

Had one and, along with the Daytona, thought it was the most overrated watch I’ve ever owned. Too light and fragile for a sporty looking watch, and the finishing was nothing special. I thought it didn’t even justify half of the retail price, let alone the ridiculous prices they fetch now. Traded it for a complicated and can completely understand those who say it’s not a proper Patek.

Quote Originally Posted by Danstone View Post
    Had one and, along with the Daytona, thought it was the most overrated watch I’ve ever owned. Too light and fragile for a sporty looking watch, and the finishing was nothing special. I thought it didn’t even justify half of the retail price, let alone the ridiculous prices they fetch now. Traded it for a complicated and can completely understand those who say it’s not a proper Patek.
    There’s opinions for you. I’d agree with it being light, mind.

Go for gold! The extra weight makes it easier to wear, it’s still fairly under the radar and Patek rose gold looks great on brushed and finished surfaces

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Looks to me like the 5167R is the one he's wearing

Quote Originally Posted by Speedie View Post
    Tom Holland has a serious watch collection. He is a big fan of Cartier and Patek ( also Rolex) it’s great to see young successful man enjoying himself. Best of luck to him!
    Didn't know that. That PP looks good on him though. Very versatile

Sent from my HD1903 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by daveyw View Post
    Go for gold! The extra weight makes it easier to wear, it’s still fairly under the radar and Patek rose gold looks great on brushed and finished surfaces
    Don’t deny it looks better and would be weightier, but for the market price they’re going for now you could pick up both a 5146 and a 5130. I know where my money would be going.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedie View Post
    Outdone only by Ed Sheeran perhaps. They both seem like sensible guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Danstone View Post
    Don’t deny it looks better and would be weightier, but for the market price they’re going for now you could pick up both a 5146 and a 5130. I know where my money would be going.
    Funnily enough I traded my 5146g for the 5167r. Probably not able to do that now though.

How much is the retail on the gold and steel versions? Are we talking Daytona profit margins in terms of % mark ups?

Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    How much is the retail on the gold and steel versions? Are we talking Daytona profit margins in terms of % mark ups?
    At least double on both

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    market rate 36-38/40ish on steel and rose

ed-not many about at the minute tho that ive seen.
    Last edited by verv; 1st July 2021 at 16:13.

Thanks both. That's a pretty hefty mark up but I'm not surprised when it comes to watches or anything desirable. Sometimes you don't have a reason to like a watch but you just do...that's as good a reason as any to buy.

WF have a 1999 s/s model for £29k at the moment