closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Man, 22, attacked with an axe during Rolex robbery at house party

Master

Man, 22, attacked with an axe during Rolex robbery at house party

Speaking to the ECHO, a local man said: "A gang tried to rob a Rolex watch - they pinned a man to the floor.

"I think they were going to chop his hand off at the wrist with the axe when he (the victim) intervened. So they then used the axe on him. He suffered very deep cuts to his arm which went right down the bone. He underwent surgery yesterday. "

Police have now confirmed to the ECHO that an axe may have been used in the attack during the attempted robbery of a Rolex watch.

Wallasey Runner has run right off the rails in lockdown.

Rolex and all night partying is never sensible.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post
    We hardly if ever agree but...
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Honestly, this reads like a lot of media invented hype mixed in with a sprinkling of truth... I believe a robbery occurred. I believe a weapon was used. Possibly a watch was the target.

But they were going to cut his hand off with an axe to take his watch? Really...? Wouldn't it be a whole lot easier to just.. you know... take the watch off him the normal way...?

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    Wallasey Runner has run right off the rails in lockdown.
    Thanks mate

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    Honestly, this reads like a lot of media invented hype mixed in with a sprinkling of truth... I believe a robbery occurred. I believe a weapon was used. Possibly a watch was the target.

But they were going to cut his hand off with an axe to take his watch? Really...? Wouldn't it be a whole lot easier to just.. you know... take the watch off him the normal way...?
    Just think of the scratches they might put on it…

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post

Poor excuse for a scouser that he didn’t have it off his hand without the guy noticing.
    Can have the wheels off your car whilst you’re still driving.

I’m surprised the local Rolex flying squad weren’t on the case. The slightest sniff of any wrong doings against the mighty brand and the boys put their tights and masks on and get out there to dish out retribution and a lecture to the wrong’uns, usually in Latin

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Poor excuse for a scouser that he didn’t have it off his hand without the guy noticing.
    “Eh eh calm down” ,…….Not 80’s stereotyping are you …hows Glasgows current crime rate ?…

I was born a mile from there and lived in that area for 15 years and to be fair the location whilst not the most des-res is greatly improved….

Sadly many of these type of crimes are not area specific and are more an occurrence within a certain “demographic”….

But i can concur i have lost a set of wheels off a Nova GTE many moons ago….

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TKH View Post
    “….

But i can concur i have lost a set of wheels off a Nova GTE many moons ago….
    Ahh the Nova GTE…..my second “warm hatch” after the 205 XS. I remember taking off the hub caps as those were the choice theft item at the time. Hub caps

Do Rolex now offer a warning/disclaimer with their watches?? “We take no responsibility for any online, verbal or physical abuse during Rolex ownership….”

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    Just think of the scratches they might put on it…
    It would have been fine, apparently he still had the stickers on it.

Craftsman
    the lengths criminals go to is just crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by EmilA View Post
    the lengths criminals go to is just crazy!
    Take your pick

the lengths journalists go to is just crazy!
    the lengths scousers go to defy lockdown is just crazy!
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    Take your pick
    haha

You're not even safe in the official Wembley car park (apparently it was a RM 11-03). Beats me why they didn't also take the McLaren (would surely fit under the barrier!).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/57818938

Master
    The criminals and the profiteers really have sucked all the pleasure out of “nice” watches as a hobby.

If the cure to cancer was in a Paul Thorpe video I still don't think I'd watch it.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    If the cure to cancer was in a Paul Thorpe video I still don't think I'd watch it.
    Lol. I can not watch them, he takes so long to get to the point it’s painful.

Glad I read this before clicking on the video, I can't be doing with that muppet polluting my algorithm.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post
    I had a nasty incident involving a Rolex in a London bar last week.
    No axe involved though, just alcohol induced poor hand-eye coordination

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    Lol. I can not watch them, he takes so long to get to the point it’s painful.
    Even worse when he's reading out stats.
    FML it's laborious. I switched off.

In summary - lots of watches being nicked in London. Gasp.
    Met have decided to do something about it. Lolz.

I've always been a bit confused by this. I understand crime but who are they selling to? I assume that's why they're stolen. How many Rolexes are serviced and retained as stolen goods each year? Are they selling to chavs who want to look like they can afford one? It baffles me. A stolen rolex just seems to be worthless to me.

Quote Originally Posted by manganr View Post
    I've always been a bit confused by this. I understand crime but who are they selling to? I assume that's why they're stolen. How many Rolexes are serviced and retained as stolen goods each year? Are they selling to chavs who want to look like they can afford one? It baffles me. A stolen rolex just seems to be worthless to me.
    I don't quite get your premise. Morals aside, it's the same watch, it's not suddenly less capable. The only restriction you mention is you can't use the manufacturer directly for servicing.

Now brining morality back into it, presumably they sell to people who want a discount Rolex and won't ask questions. Or through private sales to people who either don't know or care what a 'watch only no box and papers' deal probably means on a modern Rolex through a non-reputable outlet. In either event, odds are that watch will never go near the manufacturer for a service.

Yes, but it is just a watch. Not gold bullion or diamonds but a mass manufactured watch. I realise it has a value but is also worthless on the secondary market to genuine buyers . The watch market is based on value appreciation. Anyone who offer you a used LV for 3k is going to be dodgy. Any dealer who takes it is going to be dodgy. Due diligence makes stolen watches worthless surely?

Whatever happened to Ally?

Master
    Yes, but it is just a watch. Not gold bullion or diamonds but a mass manufactured watch. I realise it has a value but is also worthless on the secondary market to genuine buyers . The watch market is based on value appreciation. Anyone who offer you a used LV for 3k is going to be dodgy. Any dealer who takes it is going to be dodgy. Due diligence makes stolen watches worthless surely?
    The simple truth is that none of us have a clue where they end up. What we do know is that it is a thriving industry, so someone, somewhere is doing very well out of it.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I'm not altogether sure that genuine buyers are the target market.

This only makes sense if you believe there's one immoral person and the rest wouldn't touch it. I think you're conflating worthless to you (and me for that matter), with being worthless in general. There's clearly a market of people who don't care less where the watch comes from, and if you get over that hurdle then it's the exact same product.

Not sure about the watch market being based on value appreciation, given the vast majority of watches don't appreciate in value.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    The simple truth is that none of us have a clue where they end up. What we do know is that it is a thriving industry, so someone, somewhere is doing very well out of it.
    When my watch was stolen I was told by the police most end up stripped down for the various parts and moved around that way.

Ie bracelet or dial/ handset on eBay etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Hey dickhead! The 1980s is calling for its joke back.

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Hey dickhead! The 1980s is calling for its joke back.

I am a self confessed prime dickhead!
    I vouch for that, fella.

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    I vouch for that, fella.
    Is that a chip on your shoulder or a bag of potatoes?

Is that a chip on your shoulder or a bag of potatoes?
    Just amusing myself.

You suddenly went into sense of humour failure!

..... Anyone who offer you a used LV for 3k is going to be dodgy. ....
    The actual muggers are going to get 1k cash per Rolex. In their world it is still a good day's work. Most of the watches will stay in the underground for years before they surface. Crooks don't like APs as they break too easy.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    He’s no natural in front of the camera but the stats are shocking

I don’t find this at all surprising given the cost of luxury watches. Think about it from a criminal point of view. Sadly we are all used to the concept of car theft, where even cars with security features, trackers etc are regularly stolen. They all at least have in- built active security, locks etc to overcome, if you drive it away you and the number plates are potentially picked up by cameras - and where are you going to store it whilst it’s resprayed,given a new identity and/or broken into parts etc?
    It’s so much easier just to pocket a watch - sell it on to a dodgy middle man/jeweller, maybe just a couple of thousand pounds but that’s good enough for your next fix - and much more £ than nicking a wallet, a car, a mobile or even breaking into a house and stealing TV’s and valuables. Watches are usually on display, you can hang about in smart bars and restaurants all day, probably work out if it’s real judging by the wearers clothes/car/spend in the restaurant and then mug him or her at your leisure. And how much trouble is your average WIS or wealthy poseur going to give a determined thug or group of thugs? - must be so much easier than stealing, storing and selling a whole bunch of other paraphernalia- and the stratospheric price rises plus social media status makes your watch more attractive than ever. I wouldn’t want my wife wearing something the price of a small car on her wrist, and I’m not sure I would either!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk in
    Last edited by RobDad; 22nd July 2022 at 10:43.

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Even worse when he's reading out stats.
    FML it's laborious. I switched off.

In summary - lots of watches being nicked in London. Gasp.
    Met have decided to do something about it. Lolz.
    Lovely teeth though...

30 years younger and he'd be on love island

So, umm anyone wanna buy a Rolex? Not sure what the model is, but I reckon it's a good one, it must be, it comes with a spare hand.

Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    Lovely teeth though...

Must be ceramic - no patina in comparison to the dial!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    30 years younger and he'd be on love island
    Proper lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk