closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Suzuki Jimny commercial

Suzuki Jimny commercial

Hi all. Any one else interested in the new commercial Jimny coming
    Out this summer ? I’m trying to order one but seems dealers are only
    Getting a couple each. About £16500 plus vat I believe.
    Andy

I'm really keen
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    I'm really keen
    Seen a few pics. Looks really cool I think.
    Get it sign written. Be spot on.

There's only the two of us + a small dog at home now, a Jimny commercial would work well for camping and diving holidays, could probably claim the vat back as well.

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    There's only the two of us + a small dog at home now, a Jimny commercial would work well for camping and diving holidays, could probably claim the vat back as well.
    Sounds good mate. I’ve rang 3 or 4 local Suzuki dealers. All seem a little vague at the mo as to when they will be available

Quote Originally Posted by lenlec View Post
    Sounds good mate. I’ve rang 3 or 4 local Suzuki dealers. All seem a little vague at the mo as to when they will be available
    Same as same as

I think you have to buy a couple of the other less desirable models before they'll even talk to you.

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    I think you have to buy a couple of the other less desirable models before they'll even talk to you.
    Sounds familiar

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    Very good

The Jimny is still for sale here (Japan) but it looks like this:

Same chassis/gearbox/suspension/wheelbase/interior dimensions as the one sold overseas (which here is known as the Jimny Sierra) but without the flared arches, slimmer tyres giving a slightly narrower track, and a 658cc DOHC VVT turbo intercooler engine. This puts it in the Kei car category, which are limited to those dimensions and displacement, so it is cheaper to own.

Kei cars are a hoot. The absolute workhorses of city commercial vehicles and ubiquitous choice of rural farmers. Even the police use them. The engines aren't going to feature at the FOS, but they seem to be bulletproof even when revved hard all day. Which they are...

Power output of the unit (the same engine is used for most Kei cars) is all of 64PS, compared to the Jimny Sierra's still not exactly abundant 102PS, and torque is just 9.8 vs 13.3kgm, albeit accessible lower down the rev range. But shorn of the big bumpers and wide arches, and with the tiny engine, it weighs 40Kg less than the Sierra/Overseas version, coming in at 1030Kg. Which is about 100Kg less than a Fiesta. Not at all bad for a genuine 4x4.

I kind of want one, but have no use for one

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Tokei View Post
    The Jimny is still for sale here (Japan) but it looks like this:

Same chassis/gearbox/suspension/wheelbase/interior dimensions as the one sold overseas (which here is known as the Jimny Sierra) but without the flared arches, slimmer tyres giving a slightly narrower track, and a 658cc DOHC VVT turbo intercooler engine. This puts it in the Kei car category, which are limited to those dimensions and displacement, so it is cheaper to own.

Kei cars are a hoot. The absolute workhorses of city commercial vehicles and ubiquitous choice of rural farmers. Even the police use them. The engines aren't going to feature at the FOS, but they seem to be bulletproof even when revved hard all day. Which they are...

Power output of the unit (the same engine is used for most Kei cars) is all of 64PS, compared to the Jimny Sierra's still not exactly abundant 102PS, and torque is just 9.8 vs 13.3kgm, albeit accessible lower down the rev range. But shorn of the big bumpers and wide arches, and with the tiny engine, it weighs 40Kg less than the Sierra/Overseas version, coming in at 1030Kg. Which is about 100Kg less than a Fiesta. Not at all bad for a genuine 4x4.

What sort of price do they sell for where you are ?

Roughly ¥2m depending on trim, about £13K at current exchange rates. The Sierra version (same as the export version) is about the same.

Which channel can I watch this commercial on anyway ???

I passed one on the A1 today, in a sand colour.
    It looked ace. Looked like a squashed hummer from the rear.
    I really liked it - was not aware there was a new model out so was surprised when I realised what it was.
    Looked quality

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Roughly ¥2m depending on trim, about £13K at current exchange rates. The Sierra version (same as the export version) is about the same.
    Thanks. £20k in the uk

I really want one, but have no use for one either. On the rare occasions I see one they always look superb.

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ruggertech; 11th July 2021 at 10:26.

Quote Originally Posted by lenlec View Post
    Thanks. £20k in the uk
    FWIW I just spec'd the cheapest (¥1.79m) and most expensive Jimny Sierra (¥2.10m) here, including tax. That's a range of about £11,750 to £13,750 inc. taxes.

Barely the price of a decent sports watch in these parts - and yet even the base model includes a clock

TT

FWIW I just spec'd the cheapest (¥1.79m) and most expensive Jimny Sierra (¥2.10m) here, including tax. That's a range of about £11,750 to £13,750 inc. taxes.

Barely the price of a decent sports watch in these parts - and yet even the base model includes a clock

TT
    Haha. Very true. Cheers for that. I’ve asked a few local Suzuki dealers for one but no joy. Apparently all 400 sold

Seen a few here in North Norfolk, always driven by elderly people who no doubt live on farms locally - the kind of person who can usually be seen driving ancient mud-spattered land rovers. I quite fancied one when they first came out but the poor NCAP rating put me off - and even though some roads can get dodgy in the winter tbh most people round here seem to manage fine through all weathers in a bog standard hatchback!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very popular around my way, owner of this one reckons it's never let him down in 16 years and it get to places his Bobcat won't go.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    I quite fancied one when they first came out but the poor NCAP rating put me off

If you look at the details, it's relatively minor things that have it marked down, like lack of automatic emergency braking, only basic lane assist/departure, and pedestrians (just watch those with no sense of humour pile in on this point!).

https://www.euroncap.com/en/results/suzuki/jimny/33370

Collecting this little cracker toady
    https://postimg.cc/2LbYb1pG
    After dozens of calls and emails managed to find a cancelled order

______

​Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by jwg663 View Post
    I wouldn’t pay £28k for one.
    I’m paying list price £20k