closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: If you're thinking about upgrading your EE contact

If you're thinking about upgrading your EE contact

You'll need to do it before 7 July if you want to keep your free EU roaming allowance.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-57595913.amp

Reading into this, I think all this really only effects the base level contracts with no roaming extras. With whatever network I've been with, I've always subscribed to the extra roaming package. In reality, I've often thought that the "per day" model might even have been cheaper based on the amount I use mobile data abroad anyway.

There are some people on base level contracts that might have to pay for something they once had for free but I'm not sure this news is as costly to most as it first appears and depends on what package you normally sign up for.
    Last edited by Christian; 25th June 2021 at 17:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Reading into this, I think all this really only effects the base level contracts with no roaming extras. With whatever network I've been with, I've always subscribed to the extra roaming package. In reality, I've often thought that the "per day" model might even have been cheaper based on the amount I use mobile data abroad anyway.

There are some people on base level contracts that might have to pay for something they once had for free but I'm not sure this news is as costly to most as it first appears and depends on what package you normally sign up for.
    I'm not sure I agree Christian. I have paid no extra fees in Europe over the last few years with EE and used my phone as normal. Under this deal, I would need to pay £2 a day.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wigdog View Post
    I'm not sure I agree Christian. I have paid no extra fees in Europe over the last few years with EE and used my phone as normal. Under this deal, I would need to pay £2 a day.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
    +1 to this- I spoke with EE today, if i upgrade my contract I’ll not be able to use my data allowance in Ireland unless i pay £2 a day. Current contract I’ll be able to carry on using my data allowance in Europe.

Are you guys on base contracts or do you have the roaming smart extra? I haven’t checked but I assume this is for those who don’t buy the extras because I can’t see them letting me roam free in USA etc (worldwide) and suddenly exclude EU from the pack?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Are you guys on base contracts or do you have the roaming smart extra? I haven’t checked but I assume this is for those who don’t buy the extras because I can’t see them letting me roam free in USA etc (worldwide) and suddenly exclude EU from the pack?
    Just normal contract, no add ons etc…

Think we’re going to see a lot more tweaks to new contracts, gotta claw back the money they’ve spent on 5G from somewhere……

Quote Originally Posted by Rob153 View Post
    Just normal contract, no add ons etc…

Think we’re going to see a lot more tweaks to new contracts, gotta claw back the money they’ve spent on 5G from somewhere……
    Maybe…the only saving grace is that as time goes on you do appear to get more UK data for your money. My latest contract was signed in about November and only eight months later the contracts are cheaper for the same amount of 5G data.

Master
    Suppose it really depends how much data you use, I upgraded my missus contract, she got 120GB for not much money, prob only uses 5-10gb a month- I’d rather have the flexibility of being able to use data abroad FOC than huge amounts of it.

+1 to this- I spoke with EE today, if i upgrade my contract I’ll not be able to use my data allowance in Ireland unless i pay £2 a day. Current contract I’ll be able to carry on using my data allowance in Europe.
    News report I saw says UK customers will be able to use phones in RoI w/o charge.

30-Day passes to rest of Europe only £10 so not really a big deal anyway

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-57595913

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    News report I saw says UK customers will be able to use phones in RoI w/o charge.

30-Day passes to rest of Europe only £10 so not really a big deal anyway

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-57595913
    They told me that if I upgraded my contract then 100% I would be charged for data in the South, keeping it as it is I could still use my data FOC.

Like you said, if there are 30 day passes for 10 quid then doesn’t really matter.

They told me that if I upgraded my contract then 100% I would be charged for data in the South, keeping it as it is I could still use my data FOC.

Like you said, if there are 30 day passes for 10 quid then doesn’t really matter.
    Info on their website appears different to what you were told... https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/roami...ave-on-roaming

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Info on their website appears different to what you were told... https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/roami...ave-on-roaming
    The irony, it was someone in there call centre in Wexford (in the south) that told me :-)