Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 747555657
Results 2,801 to 2,840 of 2840

Thread: Things you'll never understand

Quote Originally Posted by Claret67 View Post
    Pedal Bike?

Where does Push Bike come from ?
    Dunno, we called em push iron or push grids, when I were a nipper

Quote Originally Posted by Maysie View Post
    Why there are so many different charging cables for things these days.

I just completely knackered the terminals inside my Nextbase dashcam camera by using the wrong cable type, which looked almost the same as the right one.

Well there goes another £150 in the bin.

CORRECTION - More like £250 FFS
    If it's just the port that's damaged you may be able to repair it? I'd contact the manufacturer and see if they will sell spare components (they almost certainly won't, but they may do given the drive for user repairability) or can repair it in house.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Claret67 View Post
    Pedal Bike?

Where does Push Bike come from ?
    Halfords.

Why do the couple meeting in a cafe in the Fixodent advert give me the creeps?

People sat at home on Christmas Day actively posting on here, makes not sense to me at all. At least I've got the excuse of being stuck at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Griswold View Post
    Women who put their mobile phones in the back pocket of their jeans. Stupid or what!
    You should take a look at women's jeans or, more accurately, the front pockets; they're nowhere near as deep as the front pockets of men's jeans. This is why women are forced to do this if wearing jeans.

Master
    Why I have to cook Xmas dinner at my sister’s house when she has 1.5 ovens, barely enough space to roast spuds for 7, an entire oven tray of pigs in blankets, another of rissoles, then the parsnips, carrots, and sprouts. Had to make a makeshift lower shelf from tin foil in each to increase capacity.

Once every 2 years, as alternate Xmas day between wife’s family & mine, so not as though I can even build some muscle memory in the process.

How people can knock out a roast in a single oven amazes me, fair play to them, I’m seriously impressed, beyond question.

I’m guessing 50 pigs taking up 1 shelf is excessive, but it’s our favourite part & we graze on them after dinner whenever someone is in the kitchen. Equally the hob filled with even more veg as my folks love red cabbage & a swede-carrot puree, green beans and peas, plus gravy and a red wine jus.

I’d have killed for my 2 ovens, 2 eggs & 6 spot induction for the extra space and sanity!

A lot of things I won’t understand about Xmas cooking. Roll on NYE when it’s just the 2 of us and cooking a surf & turf of tiger prawns & a lovely Heritage Angus picanha on the egg; left over beef for a couple of days afterwards given the weight of it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Skier View Post
    You should take a look at women's jeans or, more accurately, the front pockets; they're nowhere near as deep as the front pockets of men's jeans. This is why women are forced to do this if wearing jeans.
    Look at the back side while about it.

How you could possibly need a reversing camera on a Toyota IQ

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    How you could possibly need a reversing camera on a Toyota IQ
    Or any vehicle frankly.

I used to reverse C+E wagon and drags at around 55-60 feet long, using only side mirrors with no issues at all.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skier View Post
    I do quite often, but never noticed the depth of the front pockets tbh.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Master
    Some juniors knowing it all and being a smart ass. My god

Quote Originally Posted by Time Cat View Post
    Some juniors knowing it all and being a smart ass. My god
    Other day Grandson (6yrs) asks, "Can we watch YT?". Me, " Check with Mum if it's ok".
    Grandson replies, " Don't worry Grandad, I can play her like a violin". 😂😂

Blog Entries
    Ikea. Spent a week there on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Ikea. Spent a week there on Saturday.
    I'm taking a GPS and compass next time 😁

1. Why there is a need for 'International Hot and Spicy Food Day'. (Today apparently)
    2. Why my PC needs to tell me about it.
    3. Who comes up with this utter guff?

A surprise was learning there is international coffee day.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    I'm taking a GPS and compass next time 
    The Swedish lessons on the labels were most interesting. Had a look at a hultarp and a tittebo as well as a handy looking enkelsparig.

Tried some of the furniture, but it mostly seemed to be designed for hobbits, it was that low to the floor. Still it was fun trying to get up afterwards. How we skrattade.

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    The Swedish lessons on the labels were most interesting. Had a look at a hultarp and a tittebo as well as a handy looking enkelsparig.

Tried some of the furniture, but it mostly seemed to be designed for hobbits, it was that low to the floor. Still it was fun trying to get up afterwards. How we skrattade.
    Should’ve had a serving (or several) of köttbullar before entering the maze.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Possu View Post
    Should’ve had a serving (or several) of köttbullar before entering the maze.
    Unfortunately I never took my costume with me.

1. Why there is a need for 'International Hot and Spicy Food Day'. (Today apparently)
    2. Why my PC needs to tell me about it.
    3. Who comes up with this utter guff?
    And how much are they paid to come up with it??

And how much are they paid to come up with it??
    Marketing departments are usually well staffed with well paid people.
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    Marketing departments are usually well staffed with well paid people.
    If I had my time again I’d take a career in marketing or UX and do absolutely nothing Mon-Fri.

If I had my time again I’d take a career in marketing or UX and do absolutely nothing Mon-Fri.
    Its a pretty tough gig.
    Sitting around in a multi-coloured 'pod' listening to your tunes on a Mac while slowly sipping endless frappalattechino's and playing ping-pong.

Its a pretty tough gig.
    Sitting around in a multi-coloured 'pod' listening to your tunes on a Mac while slowly sipping endless frappalattechino's and playing ping-pong.
    Don’t forget the regional weekly Salesforce closed won report so they can go in, edit the opportunity, attach a marketing campaign youve never heard of to closed won new business deals and give themselves high fives when showing leadership £X / Y% of new business deals came directly as a result of the marketing teams hard work.

Don’t forget the regional weekly Salesforce closed won report so they can go in, edit the opportunity, attach a marketing campaign youve never heard of to closed won new business deals and give themselves high fives when showing leadership £X / Y% of new business deals came directly as a result of the marketing teams hard work.
    Success has many Fathers, failure on the other hand an orphan.

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Success has many Fathers, failure on the other hand an orphan.
    As my cousins in Eire would say, nothing but a bunch of hures.

Great marketing is almost priceless, everybody of a certain age remembers the Smash adverts or that Heineken is probably the best lager in the world and let’s not forget, it’s marketing that makes most of the population think that Rolex make the best watches in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Great marketing is almost priceless, everybody of a certain age remembers the Smash adverts or that Heineken is probably the best lager in the world and let’s not forget, it’s marketing that makes most of the population think that Rolex make the best watches in the world!
    And that's why I've never been tempted to buy any of those products.
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

I like that you said Heineken for that one!

Master
    Blog Entries

Smile

Great marketing is almost priceless,
    If it wasn’t for great marketing no one would pay more than £100 for a wrist watch.

I’m constantly amused by the marketing deniers / flat earthed brigade … they are typically the most susceptible to the marketeers.

Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    Lol, that’s the one that refreshes the parts other beers cannot reach!

Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    Superb.
    Genuinely made me LOL!

There’s a difference between seriously good and well executed marketing campaigns for global brands like Nike, Heineken, and that car advert years back with no sound and general B2B generic office job marketing.

I’ll all for a great marketing team supplying warm leads and building brand/product awareness of what I’m trying to sell, but not of teams who spend 40% of their time talking about wine and another 40% on the latest team tinder story this week, then popping over to the sales team on a Thursday for 3 minutes of small talk, a well done for closing a deal, then letting you know they can see the decision maker/company in Oracle as a marketing lead but the Salesforce integration doesn’t seem to be working so can you please edit the opportunity to tag is as a marketing lead please?

Yeah sure, pop me a screenshot from oracle with a date stamp and I’ll edit the opportunity. Never had a screenshot sent over yet at any company I’ve ever worked.

There’s a difference between seriously good and well executed marketing campaigns for global brands like Nike, Heineken, and that car advert years back with no sound and general B2B generic office job marketing.

I’ll all for a great marketing team supplying warm leads and building brand/product awareness of what I’m trying to sell, but not of teams who spend 40% of their time talking about wine and another 40% on the latest team tinder story this week, then popping over to the sales team on a Thursday for 3 minutes of small talk, a well done for closing a deal, then letting you know they can see the decision maker/company in Oracle as a marketing lead but the Salesforce integration doesn’t seem to be working so can you please edit the opportunity to tag is as a marketing lead please?

Yeah sure, pop me a screenshot from oracle with a date stamp and I’ll edit the opportunity. Never had a screenshot sent over yet at any company I’ve ever worked.
    I'm reminded of ''the Glengarry leads''.

Master
    Blog Entries

I don’t know what industry you work in but I’ve never see a marketing department function like that, nice work if you can get it but would probably end up boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    I don’t know what industry you work in but
    whatever it is, it seems mind-numbing and soul-destroying.

Why (in this day and age) I still need to scrub my brand new air-fryer with white spirit to get the sticky label gunge off the thing before I can use it.

Ninja - PLEASE just use easy-peel labels FFS!

Master
    Why (in this day and age) I still need to scrub my brand new air-fryer with white spirit to get the sticky label gunge off the thing before I can use it.

Ninja - PLEASE just use easy-peel labels FFS!
    I was pleasantly surprised with how easy their soup maker labels came off. There must be a huge saving between stickers that easy peel and those that don’t for manufacturers to keep using the buggers that disintegrate in tiny pieces and leave gunk behind!

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    I was pleasantly surprised with how easy their soup maker labels came off. There must be a huge saving between stickers that easy peel and those that don’t for manufacturers to keep using the buggers that disintegrate in tiny pieces and leave gunk behind!
    To be fair, there were probably around 15 labels to peel off, and only one of them didn't peel - which was the massive one - right on top of the lid - which left every single piece of its sticky (fluff attracting) gunge behind.