closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 46 of 57 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,300 of 2841

Thread: Things you'll never understand

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Also don’t understand 911’s with a rear wiper. Completely ruins the look.
    Horses for courses, when I was in the market for mine a rear wiper was a prerequisite. The only thing I don't understand about a 911's rear wiper is it doesn't have a screen wash function, at least not on the 997's.
    Last edited by Thewatchbloke; 10th March 2023 at 11:31. Reason: typo!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by EBB21 View Post
    More likely to give someone an epileptic fit.
    Yet to see a brake light flash in a way to trigger a seizure. Even the emergency braking flashing is not in the 5-30 flashes per second required.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Nealywheelie View Post
    Can't you reverse into your drive, then you can drive out without an impeded view, much safer IMHO.
    Quite a busy road so not that practical.
    Do do it sometimes though.

McDonald's new reward system.

The more Fast food you eat the more points you earn to buy more fast food.

hmmm wonder if you can accumulate McDonalds points for Liposuction or NHS bills later in life
    Last edited by TKH; 16th March 2023 at 16:29.

What is even more surprising is that a hash brown costs £1.50. I’m sure it was only 99p not too long ago.

Things you'll never understand

Why would I care about the natural carbon footprint of different coloured hens? Do the others use plastic straws or drive diesel cars?

Master
    Why would I care about the natural carbon footprint of different coloured hens? Do the others use plastic straws or drive diesel cars?

Bloody racism that!

Was it you or Ryan posting about eggs before?

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Bloody racism that!

Was it you or Ryan posting about eggs before?
    I got questioned for spending £5.25 on 12 eggs in Waitrose and tried to justify with I only go in for the eggs. I think Ryan said something about just do all your shopping there but then I wouldn’t have any nice watches!

Posh poverty earlier. Bit of leftover steak and a hard boiled egg as a snack followed by a banana.

I found a huge metal tin of quality street from Christmas last night and went to town. Feel awful today, it’s like a hangover.

Quote Originally Posted by prexelor View Post
    What is even more surprising is that a hash brown costs £1.50. I’m sure it was only 99p not too long ago.
    What baffles me is why people eat that junk.

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post

M
    Because they're probably too lazy to rock up in the kitchen and knock something half decent up...

Master

Posh poverty earlier. Bit of leftover steak and a hard boiled egg as a snack followed by a banana.

I found a huge metal tin of quality street from Christmas last night and went to town. Feel awful today, it’s like a hangover.
    What is this left over steak of which you speak? Never happens.

Huge metal tin can only mean Costco purchase. They’re huge compared to the abysmally small supermarket plastic tubs.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Talking of Costco - surprised no one has posted a link to a pallet of 500 toilet rolls in the ulcerative colitis thread?

I got questioned for spending £5.25 on 12 eggs in Waitrose and tried to justify with I only go in for the eggs. I think Ryan said something about just do all your shopping there but then I wouldn’t have any nice watches!

Planning on pooping this decade?
    "Bite my shiny metal ass."
    - Bender Bending Rodríguez

Master
    Extending dog leads. Especially in built up areas.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    The need for people not talking to their phone while holding it against the ear, but holding in in their hands in front of their mouth talking damn loud. Especially in public transport.

The last time I bought one, 99p used to include a sausage and egg McMuffin and a coffee too!

M
    For me, it’s convenience, accessibility and relatively inexpensive. If there is a conveniently located Costa or Pret that is better. Also I do not smoke and very rarely drink and a sausage muffin or burger is my vice. The other week I thought I would try Leon chain for a sausage muffin, hash brown and a coffee, very nice but more expensive, possibly more so being at a service station.

Quote Originally Posted by stooo View Post
    Planning on pooping this decade?
    I’m lactose intolerant so the quality street had me on the toilet a few times. Had a a banana which turned brown after getting thrown around my bag. Always helps.

What is this left over steak of which you speak? Never happens.

Huge metal tin can only mean Costco purchase. They’re huge compared to the abysmally small supermarket plastic tubs.
    Yep, Costco! Think it was £15 or £20. There are actually two but my wife has hidden the one I’ve. Even devouring and I’m not willing to open the other.

£2kg of diabetes

Master
    That’s the badger. I missed them this year, and regretted it as the supermarket ones are far too small to feel like a big kid again.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    Talking of Costco - surprised no one has posted a link to a pallet of 500 toilet rolls in the ulcerative colitis thread?
    Because that would be in poor taste given what Tony is going through currently.

Not really a laughing mater tbh. I’ve only got a severe fissure, and I dread every sitting / standing / bowel movement so god knows how Tony must feel daily.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Because that would be in poor taste given what Tony is going through currently.

Not really a laughing mater tbh. I’ve only got a severe fissure, and I dread every sitting / standing / bowel movement so god knows how Tony must feel daily.
    Which is exactly why you need to have a laugh and it’s actually good practical advice, which became patently clear to me during the the irrational shortage during covid - speaking from 30 year’s experience…

... I found a huge metal tin of quality street from Christmas last night and went to town. Feel awful today, it’s like a hangover.
    Think yourself lucky - I'd probably be in a coma.

That’s the badger. I missed them this year, and regretted it as the supermarket ones are far too small to feel like a big kid again.
    2x Supermarket ones, far better value.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    Extending dog leads. Especially in built up areas.
    Quite. Grr!

Bubble tea and bubble tea shops. What the fook is that all about?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    2x Supermarket ones, far better value.
    Costco previously had sweets that had been removed from supermarket ones.

The whole tub price & promo strategy has been designed to pretend- promote to £5 or I believe it was £4 this year gone. It’s what their aim is price wise as a manufacturer.

Why gambling ads are totally accepted, but alcohol and tobacco ones are not.

Gambling is capable of ruining lives as easily as alcohol and far more quickly than smoking.

They're also the crappiest ads ever devised and I would love to be able to block all of them forevermore.

Honestly, I'd be a happy man if that ginger twat in the red hat died and I usually reserve such hatred for politicians.

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Costco previously had sweets that had been removed from supermarket ones.

The whole tub price & promo strategy has been designed to pretend- promote to £5 or I believe it was £4 this year gone. It’s what their aim is price wise as a manufacturer.
    What extra ones does Costco have? Find them pretty grim nowadays TBH - all much of a sickly muchness (supermarket ones anyway).

Agreed about the pricing, think they might even hit £3.50 (or 2 for £7) at one stage.

Gambling is capable of ruining lives as easily as alcohol and far more quickly than smoking.

They're also the crappiest ads ever devised and I would love to be able to block all of them forevermore.

Honestly, I'd be a happy man if that ginger twat in the red hat died and I usually reserve such hatred for politicians.

M
    That’s an absolutely sh*t thing to say, and you should be damn well ashamed of yourself.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    What extra ones does Costco have? Find them pretty grim nowadays TBH - all much of a sickly muchness (supermarket ones anyway).

Agreed about the pricing, think they might even hit £3.50 (or 2 for £7) at one stage.
    I missed out getting them this year, so can’t remember I’m afraid.

The mix change & new sweets this year were pretty rubbish, so after years of loyalty may have to move away from QS.

Used to work on Celebrations price, pack size & promo strategy a few years back. It’s interesting to watch it play from the outside.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I missed out getting them this year, so can’t remember I’m afraid.

The mix change & new sweets this year were pretty rubbish, so after years of loyalty may have to move away from QS.

Used to work on Celebrations price, pack size & promo strategy a few years back. It’s interesting to watch it play from the outside.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Celebrations tub was £4.00 in Costco before Xmas - same in ASDA was £5.00.

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    Celebrations tub was £4.00 in Costco before Xmas - same in ASDA was £5.00.
    Christmas tubs range from £3.50’ to £5 in all of the big four supermarkets in the run up to Christmas. It’s just a case of holding your nerve until the price is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Christmas tubs range from £3.50’ to £5 in all of the big four supermarkets in the run up to Christmas. It’s just a case of holding your nerve until the price is right.
    Ah! I just took a snapshot at the time.

When you use tomato ketchup in a glass bottle you have to shake it because the watery juice is at the top.

When you use tomato ketchup in a squeezy bottle you still have to shake it because the the watery juice is at the bottom by the cap?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by freeloader View Post
    When you use tomato ketchup in a glass bottle you have to shake it because the watery juice is at the top.

When you use tomato ketchup in a squeezy bottle you still have to shake it because the the watery juice is at the bottom by the cap?
    Not noticed it at all with the upside down bottles.

Similar note, the upside down fairy liquid is a brilliant move. Love it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Time Cat View Post
    The need for people not talking to their phone while holding it against the ear, but holding in in their hands in front of their mouth talking damn loud. Especially in public transport.
    Seems to be a European phenomenon around me.

Master
    Interior design. I fully accept the need for it and my lovely Wife is great at it. I'll just never understand it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Time Cat View Post
    Saw someone doing this with EarPods in.
    FFS we are doomed.

Saw someone doing this with EarPods in.
    FFS we are doomed.
    Became popular with ‘keeping up with the kardashians’ where the viewers had to hear both sides of the inane conversation.

Now it’s just the rest of the train who have to hear it.

Seriously annoying people but I do wonder if sometimes we think they’re on the phone but they’re actually leaving voice notes? Voice notes seems to be really popular now.

Craftsman

M
    I don't disagree, but gambling companies generate a lot of tax revenue for the government whereas tobacco and alcohol companies stretch their NHS funding.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    Became popular with ‘keeping up with the kardashians’ where the viewers had to hear both sides of the inane conversation.

Now it’s just the rest of the train who have to hear it.
    And in some culture, speaking in the train evrn at moderate volume is considered rude and inconsiderate (Japan) - how I wish it is like so here too

What has happened to Waze? I cannot find previously saved addresses.

If something is working, let’s break it.

If something is working, let’s break it.
    That certainly seems to be the approach taken by Microsoft for the past two decades.

Master
    How someone can stand at a urinal having a piss while scrolling on their phone. What is so important that, during that short period of time it takes to empty one's bladder, you can't keep the phone in your pocket and not make it look like you are recording yourself taking a slash?

I can't help but think that the moral decline of the West is in full swing.

A couple of weeks ago I broke a 100 mile drive for a slash'n'go at an Asda.

Into the toilet, standing at the urinal & a phone rings in an occupied trap -

'Hello, mum.'

[Plop/splash]

'Yeah, fine. You?'

[Plop/splash]

'Nothing much.'

[Plop-plop/splash-splash]

Didn't even stop to wash my hands & used Wet-Wipes in the car.
    ______

​Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by Wimm View Post
    How someone can stand at a urinal having a piss while scrolling on their phone. What is so important that, during that short period of time it takes to empty one's bladder, you can't keep the phone in your pocket and not make it look like you are recording yourself taking a slash?

I can't help but think that the moral decline of the West is in full swing.
    I always thought that was a characteristic of 'Spoons, until I walked into one of the office toilets (which are pretty swish) to see a fella standing at the urinal, phone in one hand, knob in the other - reading e-mails/texts.................

Classy !!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    I don't disagree, but gambling companies generate a lot of tax revenue for the government whereas tobacco and alcohol companies stretch their NHS funding.
    That’s an interesting thought about the NHS. I was listening to a programme last week about a country that doesn’t discourage smoking, one of the tobacco companies did a report on the whole spectrum of why they didn’t discourage tobacco products, the upshot was that smokers yes use medical services but the increased revenue from tax and dying earlier this reducing pension payments meant that the government saved money by them dying earlier than non smokers.

Quote Originally Posted by aa388 View Post
    That’s an interesting thought about the NHS. I was listening to a programme last week about a country that doesn’t discourage smoking, one of the tobacco companies did a report on the whole spectrum of why they didn’t discourage tobacco products, the upshot was that smokers yes use medical services but the increased revenue from tax and dying earlier this reducing pension payments meant that the government saved money by them dying earlier than non smokers.

This is right I think. And the causes of death are pretty much the same for smokers and non-smokers. In effect the smokers will burden the health services earlier and the non-smokers will need the same treatment later. Not sure how it is in the UK but in Finland tobacco is very heavily taxed too.