closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 40 of 57 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 2,000 of 2840

Thread: Things you'll never understand

Grand Master
    Why are people buying new cars in a flat drab grey colour? I find this especially puzzling when the vehicle in question is expensive and supposedly prestigious, spending over £60k for a car in such a shit colour seems mindless. Boring beige seems to be back too..........it looked shit in the 60s and it still looks shit.

Master
    Well said Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Why are people buying new cars in a flat drab grey colour? I find this especially puzzling when the vehicle in question is expensive and supposedly prestigious, spending over £60k for a car in such a shit colour seems mindless. Boring beige seems to be back too..........it looked shit in the 60s and it still looks shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    Why people that own a Harley Davidson have to wear HD branded clothing, they mostly look as if the HD marketing department has thrown up over them. Everything orange and black.
    They never look as if they are enjoying the experience either, their faces tend to be a cross between showing the sheer discomfort of having their testicles vibrated to a pulp and the absolute terror of worrying if the thing will stop when they pull the brakes.
    A chap passed me this morning as I walked to the tube and he had the look of a man that was not enjoying life.
    I think they all call each other "Dude" - too..................

Saw husband, wife and sister of one of them - get out their car at the Harley dealership...... all wearing their Harley gear and H.O.G waistcoats.

Fuds.

Things you'll never understand

People who respond to a sales ad on Gumtree/Facebook asking what my lowest price is. As if I’m going to immediately knock a chunk off the asking price before they’ve bothered to call, never mind come look at it.

Only today I've found myself mentally applauding any Mazda I see with that mad metallic red paint - that I've been wearing polarized sunglasses probably helps, but it's such a great colour.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Qatar-wol View Post
    Only today I've found myself mentally applauding any Mazda I see with that mad metallic red paint - that I've been wearing polarized sunglasses probably helps, but it's such a great colour.
    Agreed, I love that colour. Having said that I drive a shiny darkish grey car...

I quite like the flat grey colour
    Saw a car today in a flat grey purple that looked good even though I described it as glans purple.
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 15th July 2022 at 19:15.

Blog Entries
    Why someone would scratch/dent someone else's car in a car park.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Why people that own a Harley Davidson have to wear HD branded clothing, they mostly look as if the HD marketing department has thrown up over them. Everything orange and black.
    They never look as if they are enjoying the experience either, their faces tend to be a cross between showing the sheer discomfort of having their testicles vibrated to a pulp and the absolute terror of worrying if the thing will stop when they pull the brakes.
    A chap passed me this morning as I walked to the tube and he had the look of a man that was not enjoying life.
    It’s the image of toughness. Many people enjoy the fear they can instill on others looking like MC 1% bad boys. I’m sure that if even half the people who wear HD gear actually owned HD bikes the roads would be flooded with Harleys. Bar bikers we call them over here.

That said I wanted a nice bike mostly for leisurely cruising on small winding back roads and was drawn to Harley. After trying out several models I bought a Honda. Not one of the Harleys I tried offered a comfortable ride. I’m sure that even if I’d bought an HD I wouldn’t have felt the desire to dress like a movie pirate.

Blog Entries
    I always enjoyed riding my Harley, many smiles per miles. Never had the urge to wear orange and black. Guess you either love them or hate them.
    Some riders dress and ride like MotoGP racers on the roads, I suppose it’s whatever floats your boat and good luck to them.
    I just like bikes of all types and have done since I was 16.
    As for trying to look like a 1%er as another post suggested, that’s probably not a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    I always enjoyed riding my Harley, many smiles per miles. Never had the urge to wear orange and black. Guess you either love them or hate them.
    Some riders dress and ride like MotoGP racers on the roads, I suppose it’s whatever floats your boat and good luck to them.
    I just like bikes of all types and have done since I was 16.
    As for trying to look like a 1%er as another post suggested, that’s probably not a good idea.
    If you’d read my post you’d see that’s not true in my case at least. I like the brand and the look of some Harleys. I just didn’t find one that would feel the way I’d like my bike to feel.

One of the bikes I tried was a Sportster XL 1200. It was very aggressive and actually fun as heck to take out for a spin. I’d compare it to a nymphomaniac: would make for a great weekend or an awful month. Not something I’d like for long term.
    Last edited by Possu; 16th July 2022 at 14:25. Reason: G&D

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Possu View Post
    If you’d read my post you’d see that’s not true in my case at least. I like the brand and the look of some Harleys. I just didn’t find one that would feel the way I’d like my bike to feel.

One of the bikes I tried was a Sportster XL 1200. It was very aggressive and actually fun as heck to take out for a spin. I’d compare it to a nymphomaniac: would make for a great weekend or an awful month. Not something I’d like for long term.
    Mine was a bit more laid back....

Current bimble machine....

Current bimble machine....

I was fancying one of these parked on the Porthcawl seafront yesterday, very nice Ian.

That Enfield looks ace! Very rarerly seen over here.

Edit. Did a check. There are 11 Royal Enfields for sale here. A 2018 Himalayan, a 1963 Clipper and nine Bullets, ranging from 1947 to 2012.
    Last edited by Possu; 16th July 2022 at 16:52.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    I was fancying one of these parked on the Porthcawl seafront yesterday, very nice Ian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Possu View Post
    That Enfield looks ace! Very rarerly seen over here.
    Thanks guys. They’re ok for bimbling around similar power to a 70s Bonnie.

Thanks guys. They’re ok for bimbling around similar power to a 70s Bonnie.
    I wouldn't want or need anything faster.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    Yes, this. Aren't G10s supposed to be £75 by the truckload?
    Get real, have a look on ebay and see what genuine issues G10s change hands for thesedays.

Master
    Why people think that having their door wide open into the carriageway while securing their child into a child seat makes them exempt from any normal road safety/ courtesy considerations. Park so you can get the child in and out safely from the pavement side!

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Why people think that having their door wide open into the carriageway while securing their child into a child seat makes them exempt from any normal road safety/ courtesy considerations. Park so you can get the child in and out safely from the pavement side!
    If you have more than one child ?

'Tribal' tattoos - unless of course you are a member of that actual tribe. Else it's like owning one of those Bremonts made for a specific Army regiment without having any affiliation to that regiment whatsoever.

Master
    There’s a Harley Davidson dealership about five minutes walk from where I live. It holds regular events each weekend throughout the summer months and attracts what seems to be every HD rider in Scotland. The noise can be quite overwhelming at times but they’re a harmless bunch of people, not remotely intimidating even in their HD branded regalia. Guys and girls need their hobbies so fair play to them all.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    There’s a Harley Davidson dealership about five minutes walk from where I live. It holds regular events each weekend throughout the summer months and attracts what seems to be every HD rider in Scotland. The noise can be quite overwhelming at times but they’re a harmless bunch of people, not remotely intimidating even in their HD branded regalia. Guys and girls need their hobbies so fair play to them all.
    Most Hells Angels and 1%ers ride Harleys.

Most people who ride Harleys aren't Hells Angels or 1%ers. As you have found out.

Master
    Continuing the biking theme. Monkey bars on motorbikes. It looks incredibly uncomfortable.

Master
    Why America needs to buy oil from the Saudis? Don't they have enough, or is it some sort of "green" ploy? They Americans have had wells capped off for years, to keep the price up!

Perhaps this:- https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/amer...e-import-crude

My brain hurts!
    Last edited by tixntox; 17th July 2022 at 08:11.

Quote Originally Posted by tixntox View Post
    They Americans have had wells capped off for years, to keep the price up!
    Or maybe to have domestic stock should other petrol exporting countries try a "Putin" on the US?
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master
    Most Hells Angels and 1%ers ride Harleys.

Most people who ride Harleys aren't Hells Angels or 1%ers. As you have found out.
    I believe the largest sector of those who ride Harleys are retired dentists.

Men who let random women hug them in the street and then complain their watch is missing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    Molars MC?

Master
    They should just buy a chain to replace the rubber bands that get grit off the road between them and the drive wheels, usually leading to shredded belts (often seen on Norfolk roads where spray {tar} and spread {gravel} is the road repairers favourite standby!). The gravel just collects in heaps!

Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    I guess they are looking for something to cheer them up. Dentists are always so down in the mouth…

Master
    I was watching some documentary on some obscure channel about the American m/c industry. Basically Harley was in trouble with falling sales and Triumph sales were on the rise. One of the commentators was describing how Harley's loyal customer base was shrinking and was only being replaced by retired dentists who had plenty of time on their hands but didn't really know what they wanted to do with it.

I only remember it because a few months earlier I had sold my last m/c and was wondering if I had done the right thing.

Blog Entries
    Get real, have a look on ebay and see what genuine issues G10s change hands for thesedays.
    Yup, I know, I know. The better G10s always were more valuable but the price rise across the board for G10s happened very quickly, seemingly while I wasn't watching!

That said, I did notice that some eBay vendors a couple of years ago were seemingly pushing the pricing margin for unremarkable G10s and it turns out that they succeeded.

Craftsman
    Why do some people write the word "period" at the end of a sentence, followed by a full stop?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jim View Post
    Why do some people write the word "period" at the end of a sentence, followed by a full stop?
    It was super cool management speak in the 1970s. It was mainly spoken rather than written.

Possibly it's making a comeback.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jim View Post
    People just copy it from (American) speech. A similar one that annoys me personally is people typing out "and I quote" before using quotation marks.

Why nobody is talking about the current levels of Covid. Why nothing is being done about it. Why nobody cares about others in this country. Why people actually get cross when it is mentioned. Seriously, if we were all told then those among us who care would do something and it'd at least help. Those who don't would be able to carry on as they were but at least SOME people would do something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by tobywatches View Post
    Why nobody is talking about the current levels of Covid. Why nothing is being done about it. Why nobody cares about others in this country.
    There's plenty of talk in the press and news. People are just fed up of hearing about it until it affects them or a relative.
    The NHS are rolling out boosters in September for the 50's+.
    I've just had it but was much more cold like symptoms.
    If you've looked after yourself fitness wise the current strain is relatively mild.
    Future strains maybe more serious as they work round current vaccines. Plenty of crap in the BP talked about it😁

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    There's plenty of talk in the press and news. People are just fed up of hearing about it until it affects them or a relative.
    The NHS are rolling out boosters in September for the 50's+.
    I've just had it but was much more cold like symptoms.
    If you've looked after yourself fitness wise the current strain is relatively mild.
    Future strains maybe more serious as they work round current vaccines. Plenty of crap in the BP talked about it
    Interesting about the booster for 50+ in September. Hadn't heard about that.

Quote Originally Posted by tobywatches View Post
    Why nobody is talking about the current levels of Covid. Why nothing is being done about it. Why nobody cares about others in this country. Why people actually get cross when it is mentioned. Seriously, if we were all told then those among us who care would do something and it'd at least help. Those who don't would be able to carry on as they were but at least SOME people would do something about it.
    At the height of the pandemic in this country a significant number of people couldn't be arsed to follow the rules. Now that the strain has become more like a cold, no one will follow any rules, particularly if government tells them to.
    What I don't understand is why this virus kills some people yet produces no symptoms in others. Very strange.

Green watches
    Why nearly every new watch is green.

Master
    Green watches
    Why nearly every new watch is green.
    trying to be environmentally friendly, its the only way forward, time is running out

Why this Ferrari owner thinks this is a good idea. I took these pics in Kingston yesterday while walking the dog.

Perhaps because Ferrari don’t make OE roof racks?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Perhaps because Ferrari don’t make OE roof racks?
    Suspect that's because it is a very bad idea to put a roof rack on a Ferrari. Surely those cords affixing it to the roof are going to rub and damage the paint?

Some good effort gone into making that! Even colour matched it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My car obsessed 10year old nearly had a stroke when I showed him those roof racks. Thanks for the laugh.

That must be the Ferrari owner’s ‘beater’ Ferrari. I wonder was the owner carries on it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by prexelor View Post
    That must be the Ferrari owner’s ‘beater’ Ferrari. I wonder was the owner carries on it.
    In my mind's eye I see a surf board...

Good on the Ferrari owner
    Use the car as he / she needs to
    It’s only car after all.
    Yes there are more practical options out there but why be practical all the time?

Would certainly come in handy for taking an old wardrobe to the tip.