closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 37 of 57 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,850 of 2840

Thread: Things you'll never understand

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    Ill never understand why people go to Live Events like Boxing / Iconic gigs and despite being right there and being able to enjoy it on TV for the rest of their lives they chose to video it on a shitty phone and broadcast it, you can’t be in the moment and do that shit
    On a similar theme, why people who manage to get tickets for hard to get ticket for gigs then proceed to get so plastered they miss all the acts and won’t remember the gig anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperStripes View Post
    On a similar theme, why people who manage to get tickets for hard to get ticket for gigs then proceed to get so plastered they miss all the acts and won’t remember the gig anyway.
    Same with rugby matches, and the constant getting up for another beer / toilet break is fn annoying too!

Grand Master
    Might be guilty of that on one occasion!, but good point
    RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by Halitosis View Post
    Double mini roundabouts!
    I think they work really well, and can't understand why they bamboozle some drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    I think they work really well, and can't understand why they bamboozle some drivers.
    So do I. But I think the trouble is, around my way at least, is that the council or whoever is responsible has put traffic lights around all but mini roundabouts thus turning them into effectively a series of junctions. The result is, apart from sitting at red lights at an empty roundabout, that people seem to have forgotten how to use one.

Things-you-ll-never-understand.

Horses, more specifically why anyone would want to own a horse(s).
    The upkeep to pleasure ratio of a horse is approx 99.99% to .01 - you have to look after them every single day all year round for the benefit of probably one hour a month riding the bloody thing.
    Or, approx £8,000 a year (plus any vet bills) for the pleasure of just a few hours in the saddle - you`be be better off buying an offshore speedboat - even if you lived in Wigan.
    Or maybe a Ferrari - at least you can just bung a car in the garage and forget about it if it`s giving you grief rather than having to go and tend to it for two hours every day in all weathers grooming it, feeding and watering it and clearing up it`s crap.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by E_2_Right-Force View Post
    The upkeep to pleasure ratio of a horse is approx 99.99% to .01 - you have to look after them every single day all year round for the benefit of probably one hour a month riding the bloody thing.
    Or, approx £8,000 a year (plus any vet bills) for the pleasure of just a few hours in the saddle - you`be be better off buying an offshore speedboat - even if you lived in Wigan.
    Or maybe a Ferrari - at least you can just bung a car in the garage and forget about it if it`s giving you grief rather than having to go and tend to it for two hours every day in all weathers grooming it, feeding and watering it and clearing up it`s crap.
    At least you can eat the horse.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    So do I. But I think the trouble is, around my way at least, is that the council or whoever is responsible has put traffic lights around all but mini roundabouts thus turning them into effectively a series of junctions. The result is, apart from sitting at red lights at an empty roundabout, that people seem to have forgotten how to use one.
    Do you live in Bridgend? You have just described it to a tee.

Master
    It's called freedom of choice, we can all spend or waste our money as we wish and long may it continue.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    It's called freedom of choice, we can all spend or waste our money as we wish and long may it continue.
    Read the title of the thread Mick.

.........for the benefit of probably one hour a month riding the bloody thing.
    Or, approx £8,000 a year (plus any vet bills) for the pleasure of just a few hours in the saddle
    Hookers would be cheaper (and as far as I am aware- do not incur vet's bills)

Good point - well made!

Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    Do you live in Bridgend? You have just described it to a tee.
    Yep, I think one of the councillors has a brother in law with a traffic light company.

Master
    Yep, I think one of the councillors has a brother in law with a traffic light company.
    They need to change the lights on the B&Q, Dunelm and Heronstone roundabouts to part time. In fact, get rid of the ones on the Heronstone roundabout all together.

Master
    Read the title of the thread Mick.
    I did and the same point applies. He thinks it's mad to own a horse and I think it's mad to erode the freedom to own a horse. Ying and yang etc.

I did and the same point applies. He thinks it's mad to own a horse and I think it's mad to erode the freedom to own a horse.
    Stop boasting. And when you do, read his post again and point out where he suggested horse ownership was at risk. Idiot!
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Lip fillers. Why would anyone want to look like they are suffering from anaphylaxis?

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Lip fillers. Why would anyone want to look like they are suffering from anaphylaxis?
    Speaking of such things - I really wanted to photograph a young woman I saw at the weekend, her trout-pout was off the scale..
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Wives, more specifically why anyone would want to marry a woman.
    The upkeep to pleasure ratio of a wife is approx 99.99% to .01 - you have to look after them every single day all year round for the benefit of probably ten minutes a month riding the bloody thing.
    Or, approx £80,000 a year for the pleasure of just a few minutes in the saddle - you`be be better off buying an offshore speedboat - even if you lived in Wigan.
    FTFY

Usually accompanied by a fake tan that is so orange the wearer looks as if they have a liver disease. The wearer usually misses bits as well, smeared backs of legs or pasty white hands. That said I am now in my early 40s, bald, and getting a bit tubby, hardly Mr Universe and not the demographic they are trying to attract, so what do I know?
    Everyone is entitled to dress and look as they wish but it never looks natural, but as long as they are happy!
    It was a thing during my younger days as well.
    You would wake up on a Sunday morning and sheets looked as if you had been wrestling a greased pig or the curry had gone straight through you…

They need to change the lights on the B&Q, Dunelm and Heronstone roundabouts to part time. In fact, get rid of the ones on the Heronstone roundabout all together.
    Indeed regarding all, especially the Heronstone one as that one is plain dangerous in my book if turning right.
    Also when I used to work shifts I would regularly be sat at a red light at any of these roundabouts at 5 in the morning, sometimes two sets of red lights at the same one, absolutely no one else about. And the council tells us to be green!
    Last edited by Ruggertech; 26th April 2022 at 10:28.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Stop boasting. And when you do, read his post again and point out where he suggested horse ownership was at risk. Idiot!
    I don't own a horse, I have never owned a horse and don't want to own a horse, so hopefully that is now ingrained into that lump of horse s*** you call a brain. So where's the boasting?

Also I didn't mention risk, so just clear off and stop making arguments.

The boasting is, as highlighted in my quote, the allegation that you think, as highlighted by your pitiful come back.

Master
    Goodbye and just put me on ignore.

I will never understand why if Mick P has the opportunity to answer the question or to completely miss the point, he will always take the opportunity to miss the point!

He will then spend the next 5 posts trying to justify his position whilst continuing to miss the point!

Never experienced anyone like him!

Craftsman
    How much time is put aside for the weather updates on breakfast television.

Sent from my SM-A725F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by deepdivedaz View Post

Agreed.

Sometimes feel should be taking notes, when forecasting 3/4 days ahead and who cares what the weather will be in the whole country anyway?

And stop all the chit-chat, just give the weather and get off.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    ...who cares what the weather will be in the whole country anyway?
    It's called Schadenfreude. You're supposed to feel better if some place in the country has a weather worse than the one you're having.

Quote Originally Posted by deepdivedaz View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Agreed.

Sometimes feel should be taking notes, when forecasting 3/4 days ahead and who cares what the weather will be in the whole country anyway?

And stop all the chit-chat, just give the weather and get off.
    I presume they've done a study that shows the average viewer watches for x minutes, and have timed the frequency of weather reports so that the average viewer gets to see one.

Having said that, the BBC spent an inordinate amount of time on that wwII veteran's memorial today.

Caricatures of The Muppet Show from 40 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    I presume they've done a study that shows the average viewer watches for x minutes, and have timed the frequency of weather reports so that the average viewer gets to see one.

Having said that, the BBC spent an inordinate amount of time on that wwII veteran's memorial today.
    For me, not so much the frequency but the length of the reports.
    No interest in what bl##dy Carol is wearing, where she is or what she’ll be doing today.

Agree about the veteran too.

Master
    "it aligns with the restructuring towards portfolios and goal-focused outcomes."

Or worse still, spend the whole gig having a shouted conversation with whoever they're with.

If I go to a gig, I don't want a secondhand commentary on it, a potted history of other acts some stranger has seen or the ins and outs of their work or love life, I want to hear the act!

M
    Last edited by snowman; 27th April 2022 at 15:51.
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    I want to hear the act!
    But isn't that for Youtube when you get home?

Blog Entries
    I don't own a horse, I have never owned a horse and don't want to own a horse, so hopefully that is now ingrained into that lump of horse s*** you call a brain. So where's the boasting?

Also I didn't mention risk, so just clear off and stop making arguments.
    So how long did you own this horse?
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

As someone who has 4 of the things (or rather my wife does), I completely agree!

You did forget to mention the peripheral costs too, such as owning a trailer, plus a 4x4 to tow the trailer (or buy a huge lorry), plus field rentals/buying a farm/stables etc etc etc. The costs are equivalent to owning a holiday home, but without the pleasure of ever going on holiday in it.

Whoever planned this;

Master
    Whoever planned this;
    We live in a Conservation area. took 4 years to get planning for an extension. So I’ll never understand what is the point of Conservation Officers? ours approved all the various design iterations, had no issues on conservation grounds. Yet the planning officer over ruled him and rejected because in his opinion it was against Conservation principles of the area! Had to appeal twice, and won 2nd time.

Continuing on the theme of planning, whoever signed this off as an acceptable cycle lane

Master
    Why anyone would be “proud” to serve Costa - or, indeed, any other coffee brand.

Middle Lane hoggers.

(Or, Lane 2 hoggers, for ze pedants).

Why Michael Jackson hasn't been cancelled?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Why people live in London
    Why on earth would you not want to live in London?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ection-results

Things you'll never understand

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post

Well...

Indeed - A true mystery...

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    Indeed - A true mystery...

M
    The more you think about it the more puzzling and strange it becomes.

Blog Entries
    The more you think about it the more puzzling and strange it becomes.
    Money.

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Money.
    Yep, dollars.

Craftsman
    Does someone other than MJ own his back catalogue? They must do for him to keep getting played.

Awful music, awful human.

He's only cancelled when Phillip Shcofield is cancelled.