closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 32 of 57 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,600 of 2840

Thread: Things you'll never understand

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Dubai, it looks and sounds ghastly, though I'm the first to admit I don't enjoy shopping as a pastime.
    +1
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Dubai, it looks and sounds ghastly, though I'm the first to admit I don't enjoy shopping as a pastime.
    I have to agree, not my idea of a holiday at all, still each to their own. A mate and his mrs love it there.

100% agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maysie View Post
    100% agree with this.
    And me. Don't think I'd go if I won a free trip.

Master

When they get washed in to the sea will they be shouting "No really that's fine, I understood the risks, I don't want the life boat crew to risk their lives trying to save me".

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    It’s about as difficult as putting a card in a slot…

…don’t get me started on security & baggage checks

z
    Reminds me of seeing a lady sitting on the travelator at Parsi CDG. When those in front of her got to the end and walked on, she remained sitting. Ended up with the people behind her toppling over her like dominoes. Sad and funny in equal measure.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy67 View Post

When they get washed in to the sea will they be shouting "No really that's fine, I understood the risks, I don't want the life boat crew to risk their lives trying to save me".
    I'm sure there are idiots today all around the coast somewhere. But in fairness I know this spot well and the perspective the photo is taken from gives a completely different impression than the reality. I'd say they are in absolutely no danger from the waves.
    However, there is building and repair work going on in that very area so flying debris could be well be an issue.

Describing a watch as “Bomb proof, built like a tank” especially an expensive watch. I have a 50 quid Invicta watch that can pretty much put up with anything I use for odd jobs.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    I refuse to use them on principle, I don`t see being able to use a self-service checkouts as a badge of honour or a measure of capability!

If I'm forced to use one I struggle due to lack of familiarity, others will be the same, perhaps a bit more tolerance is required?

I didn't say it was a "badge of honour". The kind of people I see would be through a manned check out in half the time. The same reason I don't knit my own jumpers, I don't have the skills and there's a quicker way.

Those ePassport lanes are usually really poorly designed and managed for those who can't get through for whatever reason. It took several attempts for me to realise that none of my passports will successfully register despite them being biometric (possibly to do with official observations), and there is no way to escape other than to back up and push through a tutting mass to get to the understaffed booths.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Having read these comments next time I fly I will make sure I wear the highest pair of Doc Martins I can find, belt, more keys than a night watchman, and metal implants in my teeth.

Oh and attempt to fly with one of those old paper driving licences as ID

Yes, what’s the rush?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    I didn't say it was a "badge of honour". The kind of people I see would be through a manned check out in half the time. The same reason I don't knit my own jumpers, I don't have the skills and there's a quicker way.
    At times there are no manned checkouts and there is no option but to use those shitty self service thing who's favourite thing to say seems to be "unrecognised item in the bagging area" and if you have any booze or medicines someone needs to come over anyway.
    They drive me up the bloody wall-just put some people on the tills.
    I especially will never use self service at Waitrose or M&S on principal.

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Waitrose have self service?

The worst is Tesco where everything has two different prices and you need a club card to get the correct price.

I have the club card in my Apple Wallet but the till doesn't scan QR codes, just barcodes, so it's totally useless. Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Our Waitrose self service is dead easy - no weighing platform, you just bung the stuff in your bag and there's always someone close by to do age verification and whatnot. There's never a queue either as most of the shoppers there prefer to do things the old fashioned way and have a long natter at the till in the process.

Master

Things you'll never understand

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    The worst is Tesco where everything has two different prices and you need a club card to get the correct price.

I have the club card in my Apple Wallet but the till doesn't scan QR codes, just barcodes, so it's totally useless. Pathetic.
    I have a Clubcard on my Apple Watch and I always scan it. At least, I think I do. I’m going to check tomorrow.
    Last edited by jaytip; 18th February 2022 at 23:58.

Master

Example of technology being less easy. I’ve just got a key ring tag.

I wouldn't know. My man accepts deliveries down his tradesman entrance

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    They drive me up the bloody wall-just put some people on the tills.
    I stopped using manned tills when, pre-Covid, I ended up having my shopping handled by someone with the most revolting hacking cough. I actually wrote and complained saying she arguably shouldn’t have been at (forced into?) work but certainly not “customer facing”. Only time I’ve disinfected my shopping. Oh, and a young woman at Sainsburys who, no doubt trying to be nice, had the most intrusive and creepy line of conversation.

The clubcard app has a massive qr code and that works but each time I want to use that it sends a text to my wife and I need to ask her for it.

The qr code in the Apple Wallet is much smaller and never, ever works. Both show the same clubcard number.

The last time I had to copy paste the clubcard number into a barcode generator from Google and then scan that which worked first time. Would never dream of doing that but it was about £10 difference.

Master
    The clubcard app has a massive qr code and that works but each time I want to use that it sends a text to my wife and I need to ask her for it.

The qr code in the Apple Wallet is much smaller and never, ever works. Both show the same clubcard number.

The last time I had to copy paste the clubcard number into a barcode generator from Google and then scan that which worked first time. Would never dream of doing that but it was about £10 difference.
    Why don't you just take a photo of the KeyFob barcode and present the photo for scanning.
    Works for me, both self service and the Checkouts

Master
    Blog Entries

My apple wallet has tesco and shell - both show barcodes and are scanned at the till?

Quote Originally Posted by Claret67 View Post
    Why don't you just take a photo of the KeyFob barcode and present the photo for scanning.
    Works for me, both self service and the Checkouts
    I've done similar. I don't have the keyfob but used my wife's phone to take a photo of the qr code on my app, then whatsapped it to myself. I just scan the photo at the till now, works fine. I did this mainly because I get no internet signal at my nearest tesco and can't get get the app to show the code there.

I’ve never had a problem with the Tesco QR code and, even though it’s my wife’s account, it never sends her a text.
    There must be something in the way you have it set up but it’s very easy for me.
    Even easier using one of their scan as you go guns.

Maybe the floodwaters at Rufford Ford have subsided...?

Why people put the little paper slips back in to the After Eight box when they are empty…
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 28th February 2022 at 19:01.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    What people put the little paper slips back in to the After Eight box when they are empty…
    Amen Brother/Sister

Blog Entries
    LOL! First one could be a headline from The Onion...

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    Why people put the little paper slips back in to the After Eight box when they are empty…
    Jesus that seriously winds me up that one, usually that “one” relative or one of the kids.

Jesus that seriously winds me up that one, usually that “one” relative or one of the kids.
    That's even worse than dropping wrappers back into the Quality Street box!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    That's even worse than dropping wrappers back into the Quality Street box!!!
    Reminds me of the Viz character ...

Clarence Cox - He puts used matches back in the box

z
    Last edited by zelig; 28th February 2022 at 23:52.

Master
    People who buy tatty fake Rolex (current style) boxes to sell very old watches:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VERY-RARE-GENTS-SILVER-1918-ROLEX-WWI-OFFICERS-TRENCH-WATCH-SERVICED-AND-BOXED-/224865126765

Why is it that whenever I attempt to open one of those small packs of paracetamol or whatever it's always the end that has that information leaflet wrapped around the tablet sheets?

Quote Originally Posted by CardShark View Post
    Why is it that whenever I attempt to open one of those small packs of paracetamol or whatever it's always the end that has that information leaflet wrapped around the tablet sheets?
    I also seem to possess this rare talent.

Quote Originally Posted by CardShark View Post
    Sometimes I stop before opening and flip the packet — still has the information leaflet first. Sod’s law.

^ If you're fast enough, you can just about catch the instructions moving before they settle themselves at the end to be opened.

Why is it so difficult to open/start the liquid soap pump bottles. Check the arrow direction to open and turning away for what seems like years. Try the opposite. Then unscrew the whole thing. Repeat again. Then finally opens.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by prexelor View Post
    Why is it so difficult to open/start the liquid soap pump bottles. Check the arrow direction to open and turning away for what seems like years. Try the opposite. Then unscrew the whole thing. Repeat again. Then finally opens.
    Tighten the collar first (the bit that attaches the pump to the bottle) THEN unscrew the spout.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

The housing market, it’s just bonkers, houses in historically crap areas (in my locality) going for more than £500k…

People who, afraid of being attacked by random weirdos then choose to walk down darkened alleys at night, only to glance nervously behind them when I follow behind, meaning I have to deliberately slow down so they don't think I'm about to murder them.

If you are so nervous maybe walk down the well lit street instead of taking the short cut?
    Last edited by ryanb741; 11th March 2022 at 22:00.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    The housing market, it’s just bonkers, houses in historically crap areas (in my locality) going for more than £500k…
    You must live in a really posh "crap" area!

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    You must live in a really posh "crap" area!
    Must do…

Must do…
    Come on, the posh knobs down South would pay £500k for a broom cupboard.

I remember a guy I used to work with calculated that if he sold his large detached house in West Kirby on the Wirral, he could buy an entire street of terraced houses in Rock Ferry. You would have to be completely insane to do it, but I was impressed with the man maths.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Come on, the posh knobs down South would pay £500k for a broom cupboard.

I remember a guy I used to work with calculated that if he sold his large detached house in West Kirby on the Wirral, he could buy an entire street of terraced houses in Rock Ferry. You would have to be completely insane to do it, but I was impressed with the man maths.
    I did say my locality tbf, it’s absolutely crazy, houses a couple of years ago would have sold for £300-£350k, now going for £500k and selling within days of hitting the market.

How are people buying these???

Master
    I did say my locality tbf, it’s absolutely crazy, houses a couple of years ago would have sold for £300-£350k, now going for £500k and selling within days of hitting the market.

2021 regional data:

https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/infla...ices-by-region

2020:

https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/infla...ices-by-region

Obviously huge variations occur within relatively small areas in the same town, etc., but gives a flavour.

Your numbers are between 20% and 30% pa compound for 2 years so certainly outlier even in a rising market.
    Last edited by David_D; 11th March 2022 at 22:47.

The TV show Naked Attraction. How on earth is this on TV?

Sell a Nautilus and a few Rolex and maybe an AP and you will soon have enough for a house.