Thread: Things you'll never understand

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    SWMBO's therapist isn't too shabby.

R
    Nice watch! (See what I did there?)

Master
    Blog Entries
    Yorkshire pudding? I suspect it was a cheap to make starter to help fill you up before dinner - no other logical explanation in my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    Yorkshire pudding? I suspect it was a cheap to make starter to help fill you up before dinner - no other logical explanation in my mind.
    Partly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yorkshire_pudding
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Airport numpties.
    Those that get in the queue at the gate before the gate is even open. You ain't getting to your destination any quicker just cos you're at the front of the queue.

Master
    They are however often those traveling with hand luggage ‘only’ well and those cheap dutyfree ciggies and booze and smellies and chocolate and… and they need to be first to ensure they get there luggage in the locker overhead and anyone behind them well, stuff’um (quite literally in some cases)

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Kent View Post
    Airport numpties.
    Those that get in the queue at the gate before the gate is even open. You ain't getting to your destination any quicker just cos you're at the front of the queue.
    I am not a great traveller but I am guilty of being early at check-in and the gate etc. The reason being I lack patience eg when it is expected to show your passport and tickets, passengers act almost bewildered. Just keep documents handy.

With children, I aim to be early, worst case on time. I remember one stopover at Dubai and literally running from one terminal to other which took over half an hour with two kids in pushchairs and hand luggage. I don’t think I stopped wheezing until I reached Delhi.

There was some work being done and the whole connections system/diversions were confusing which otherwise were always straightforward.

There’s a difference between being at a gate and queuing at the gate.

Blog Entries
    How anyone would think it was OK to drive a car in this condition on the M25 (or any other public road for that matter!)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-59803301

Having said that, going by the age demographic and car, it may well be a member on here!

Master
    Airport numpties.
    Those who paid for fast track to be first in the queue to be first on the plane to sit in your seat for longer. Then they watch you or others to see if you are daring to put your case or bag in the same locker as their case or bag.

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
    Having said that, going by the age demographic and car, it may well be a member on here!
    Coming to a SC near you soon: a lightly damaged Boxster. Might need a bit of work and maybe a new bumper.

Thank goodness someone has come out with Diet Water. I was piling on the pounds drinking the normal stuff.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post

You forgot about the deliciousness. All the best things come from Yorkshire

Master
    Chumps who spend their lives looking for ..isms and ..ists in everything.

Master
    Airport numpties.
    Or those folks who jump up to get off the plane whilst it is still moving, especially when their hand luggage is over my seat! What are they going to do? Jump to the ground with no stairway?

Quote Originally Posted by tixntox View Post
    Or those folks who jump up to get off the plane whilst it is still moving, especially when their hand luggage is over my seat! What are they going to do? Jump to the ground with no stairway?
    Or - if I am seated already - watching people coming onboard clutching boarding cards for row 45.............. immediately checking at row 1 !

"Yeah, sure! - on this plane they have started numbering from 60 backwards !"

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    Or - if I am seated already - watching people coming onboard clutching boarding cards for row 45.............. immediately checking at row 1 !

"Yeah, sure! - on this plane they have started numbering from 60 backwards !"
    A few years ago I had bulk head seats on a flight when I got on the plane there were 2 lads sitting in our seats. (Heathrow to Jo-burg so not a short flight)
    I said sorry you are in the wrong seat, one lad looked up at me and his response was “we got here first, you can have our seats”.
    I have never understood how he thought I would accept that.
    I have also never understood how I was not thrown off the flight after showing him the error of his ways.
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 30th December 2021 at 13:42.

Master
    I used to fly regularly from KL to Jakarta. It was par for the course for a number of the Indonesians to start getting up and grabbing their luggage in the final few seconds before landing.

Quote Originally Posted by tixntox View Post

Quote Originally Posted by markbannister View Post
    I used to fly regularly from KL to Jakarta. It was par for the course for a number of the Indonesians to start getting up and grabbing their luggage in the final few seconds before landing.
    Thought you had to remain seated and belted till the plane lands and is stationary?

Master
    You are supposed to, yes. Honest true story.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    Thought you had to remain seated and belted till the plane lands and is stationary?

I guess you haven't travelled on many regional flights in South East Asia. It's also fairly common in South America, along with the customary round of applause.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

I did a flight in Canada to a very small airport. The same guy who checked us onboard and helped with the luggage also flew the plane. The co-pilot was his flask of coffee.

Sent through the ether by diddling with radio waves

Pre-pandemic I visited India every year for a number of years and it was usual to see passengers get up and start taking out their hand luggage from overhead. This was always swiftly followed by the air hostesses ushering passengers back to their seats.

Quote Originally Posted by prexelor View Post
    Pre-pandemic I visited India every year for a number of years and it was usual to see passengers get up and start taking out their hand luggage from overhead. This was always swiftly followed by the air hostesses ushering passengers back to their seats.
    Danger's over once over the airport.

Master
    Airport numpties.
    When I used to fly a lot with work, if arrived at the gate area to find no seats available, these people were pure gold.

Go and stand at the gate entrance and wait. One by one travellers will start to twitch that they are not queuing and might not get on.

Wait for a few more people to join the queue, pick up my carry on bag & go and choose one of the recently vacated seats.

Worked every time.

Why people try and drag timefactors watches into discussions about homage/replica etc watches as though to take some sort of moral high ground

Why people insist on wishing “Happy New Year”........... Before the year turns over.

It ain’t correct.

(a bit like starting the Friday Thread on a bloody Wednesday!)

Why people insist on wishing “Happy New Yearâ€........... Before the year turns over.

It ain’t correct.

Got this on the neighbourhood WhatsApp. PM me your number and I’ll ask them to add you

*BREAKING NEWS!!!*

This is to Inform You that Our Beloved and Well Known Friend *Mr 2021* is Retiring on the 31st of this Month.

His 12 Wives, 52 Children and 365 Grand Children will be Attending the Grand Send Off on Friday, the 31st December at 23.59 Hrs.

However, His Family Members asked Me to Inform You that He is Retiring with *ALL Your Problems, Sickness, Disappointments, Frustration, Untimely Death, Shame, Disgrace, Barrenness, Discouragement, Failure, and Rejection.*

Yet, His Successor - *Mr 2022 asked Me to Inform You that, He is Going to Compensate You with:- *Long Life, Good Health, Wealth, Love, Abundant Blessings, Peace, Joy, Righteousness, Promotion, Prosperity*

*God's Blessings*

*Seasons Greeting to you all*.

Master
    Mrs. Mark wished me Happy New Year this morning and does every year on this day. Her country does not celebrate Christmas and New Year is the big holiday. It is tradition there and I guess in many other Eurasian countries too.

Why people insist on wishing “Happy New Year”........... Before the year turns over.

It ain’t correct.

Wileeeeey - you need to drop out of that chat group for the sake of your sanity and blood pressure

Quote Originally Posted by markbannister View Post
    Mrs. Mark wished me Happy New Year this morning and does every year on this day. Her country does not celebrate Christmas and New Year is the big holiday. It is tradition there and I guess in many other Eurasian countries too.

"Happy New Year - when it comes".

"Happy New Year - when it comes".
    Don't see why we should wait.

Do you deliver your Christmas cards on Christmas day?

Would you never say 'have a nice holiday' unless someone was on holiday?

Etc.

The length of the hairs in public urinals. I feel sorry for the partners. Can only hope the offenders themselves are celibate. Frightening.

Master
    Why (me included) feel compelled to stop a Microwave with 1 or 2 seconds remaining. I annoy myself when I notice I've done it.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperStripes View Post
    Why (me included) feel compelled to stop a Microwave with 1 or 2 seconds remaining. I annoy myself when I notice I've done it.
    I do it too, but I do it to stop the annoying beeps when it stops on its own.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    I do it too, but I do it to stop the annoying beeps when it stops on its own.
    Another one here for that!

I am the same with the microwave.

But more annoying than that is my attempt to fill the car with fuel up to the nearest pound. I pay via credit card and do not need to deal or worry about change. Yet I continue with filling up this way.

Quote Originally Posted by prexelor View Post
    I am the same with the microwave.

But more annoying than that is my attempt to fill the car with fuel up to the nearest pound. I pay via credit card and do not need to deal or worry about change. Yet I continue with filling up this way.
    Sigh…. Me too, if I go over, I have to go not to the next pound, but either the next five pound or on a multiple of ten.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Sigh…. Me too, if I go over, I have to go not to the next pound, but either the next five pound or on a multiple of ten.
    I have managed to train myself to just keep the trigger pressed until the tank is full and cuts out. My world is a now a better place for it.
    The microwave thing though....aaargh!

The microwave thing, for me, is because I don’t want to wake anyone up (I’m always first up and do the milk in the microwave for my half and half coffee), and stop it with one beep rather than it finishing with three

Volume adjustment? It just has to be an even number, with the exception of 5, 15, 25 etc. Living hell when a system changes the volume in big steps and the sweet spot is firmly at 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Possu View Post
    Volume adjustment? It just has to be an even number, with the exception of 5, 15, 25 etc. Living hell when a system changes the volume in big steps and the sweet spot is firmly at 11.
    Volume knobs with detents - it`s either too loud or too quiet!
    I want to adjust the volume just so, these controls which `click` never seem to have an acceptable level for my ears.

I do the microwave thing, too.
    I thought it was just me who had that particular strange affliction, seems like TZ-UK has a high proportion of similar odd folk...

Somebody had better do it.

Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Master
    With my TV I take the volume thing (it is scaled from 0 to 100) to a new level, in that it must be on a multiple of 7. 49 on the TV control, and 63 on the BT TV box, make up the sweet spot for me.
    MY OH thinks I am a bit nuts.

New complaint which came to me today.... How people on the school run think that as they are dropping their kids off, they have the automatic right to just stop anywhere and block traffic ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Adge View Post
    New complaint which came to me today.... How people on the school run think that as they are dropping their kids off, they have the automatic right to just stop anywhere and block traffic ffs.

We do, now STFU, you ruddy peasant.

I'll park my Lambo wherever I want.

It is like hotels who charge £2k per night and then tell you that you cannot smoke in the room?

I'll smoke if I want, biach!

Adge, will not only be quiet about my parking at his school, but he will also suck on my balls and give up the fine booty of his wife.

Right Adge?

Why?

Because the jungle creed says the strongest feed on any prey it can. And I was branded beast at every feast, before I ever became a man

Now...I been sayin' that shit for years. And if you ever heard it, that meant your ass.

You'd be dead right now. I never gave much thought to what it meant.

I just thought it was a cold-blooded thing to say to a motherfucker before I popped a cap in his ass.

Right Adge?

I'm only joking, mane.

Them ruddy entitled parents. I feel for you. srs
    Last edited by studly; 9th January 2022 at 04:37.

Quote Originally Posted by studly View Post
    It is like hotels who charge £2k per night and then tell you that you cannot smoke in the room?

I'll smoke if I want, #####!

Adge, will not only be quiet about my parking at his school, but he will also suck on my #### and give up the fine ##### of his wife.

Right Adge?

Why?

Because the jungle creed says the strongest feed on any prey it can. And I was branded beast at every feast, before I ever became a man

Now...I been sayin' that #### for years. And if you ever heard it, that meant your ###.

You'd be dead right now. I never gave much thought to what it meant.

I just thought it was a cold-blooded thing to say to a ######### before I popped a cap in his ass.

Right Adge?

I'm only joking, mane.

Them ruddy entitled parents. I feel for you. srs
    FTFY. G&D rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Robsmck View Post
    With my TV I take the volume thing (it is scaled from 0 to 100) to a new level, in that it must be on a multiple of 7. 49 on the TV control, and 63 on the BT TV box, make up the sweet spot for me.
    MY OH thinks I am a bit nuts.
    Surely should only be a prime?

Things you'll never understand

Our new washing machine kindly beeps when a cycle ends.… And doesn’t’ stop beeping until it is attended to. Gets me up in the night nearly as often as my bladder.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Halitosis View Post
    Our new washing machine kindly beeps when a cycle ends.… And doesn’t’ stop beeping until it is attended to. Gets me up in the night nearly as often as my bladder.
    Neff? Our new one does the same, it is infuriating!