closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 26 of 57 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,300 of 2841

Thread: Things you'll never understand

Master
    TV adverts that murder half decent songs by recording a version at 1/2 speed with some wailer who adds multiple notes to an already perfectly adequate tune.
    Last edited by David_D; 23rd November 2021 at 23:06.

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    I'll never understand why Gerard Butler is such a $h1t actor ??
    Celtic fan

Master
    People who employ the services of a personal trainer and then chat to them about work, life, what the dog did etc.

You just paid the dude for an hour of his time and expertise and used a large proportion of it for a chinwag.

Thing is the PT normally gets involved and all there is missing is a couple of pints.

Sent from my moto g(8) power lite using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Estoril-5; 24th November 2021 at 08:49.

PT rates are probably cheaper than therapists

Liquorice

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    PT rates are probably cheaper than therapists
    Some therapists do themselves no favours…

Master
    Why do films have so much music that you can't hear the dialogue? (Yes! I do have the sound system adjusted for best speech)

Craftsman
    Why do some cars only have front day running lights?

Quote Originally Posted by jim View Post
    Why do some cars only have front day running lights?
    That's the legal requirement for new cars.

How you can walk into a public bathroom and there’s a guy at the urinal already, you unzip, wee, wash and dry your hands, leave, and the same guy is still standing at the same urinal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    That's the legal requirement for new cars.
    Most know it's a legal requirement for the front, I think the question was asking why cars don't have rear lights as well seeing as fronts are there in order to increase safety.

How you can walk into a public bathroom and there’s a guy at the urinal already, you unzip, wee, wash and dry your hands, leave, and the same guy is still standing at the same urinal.
    Probably fell asleep

Master
    ^^^
    These are probably the same people who take an eternity to use an ATM.
    You queue for ten minutes whilst they fanny about and when it is your turn it takes only a fraction of the time!

Quote Originally Posted by Puntsdog View Post
    ^^^
    These are probably the same people who take an eternity to use an ATM.
    You queue for ten minutes whilst they fanny about and when it is your turn it takes only a fraction of the time!
    The same ones who are surprised at "check out", who when asked for payment have to search for - purse, card, count coins etc etc...
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    The same ones who are surprised at "check out", who when asked for payment have to search for - purse, card, count coins etc etc...
    I think you'll find those people are called women.
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    Yep, we sometimes have big ish family meals out ( used to anyway ) and its very frustrating when we've sat down for 15 minutes with the menu and the coven of gossiping females haven't glanced at it and need more time to choose.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Master
    My 600lb life. Never watched it before, unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    Those at the banking machines unloading a bucketload of Euros whilst a huge queue builds up behind them are called mad cat women.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Master

Things you'll never understand

He most likely posted the thread on another forum that said - I was peeing today and a guy came in with a big shiny watch waving it about next to this worn out M&S clothes and gets his sad excuse of a cock out and pees for 5 seconds and then shakes , washes , and dries his hands before I’ve even started to shake. LOL:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Stilgoe1972; 26th November 2021 at 21:44.

Master
    Prostate troubles, hope you don’t find out in a few years

Or

Hardened drinker, “such a small hose for such a large tank”

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    Those at the banking machines unloading a bucketload of Euros whilst a huge queue builds up behind them are called mad cat women.
    I would comment but we’re in the G&D
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post
    My 600lb life. Never watched it before, unbelievable.
    I've never seen it thankfully, but just saw an advert for a show called "1000-lb Sisters". Mind blown.

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Stilgoe1972 View Post
    He most likely posted the thread on another forum that said - I was peeing today and a guy came in with a big shiny watch waving it about next to this worn out M&S clothes and gets his sad excuse of a cock out and pees for 5 seconds and then shakes , washes , and dries his hands before I’ve even started to shake. LOL:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The big and shiny thing is purple, and not a watch. Shines like a pave dial Daytona.

M&S are undefeated in the T-shirt and pyjama categories.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by CardShark View Post
    Most know it's a legal requirement for the front, I think the question was asking why cars don't have rear lights as well seeing as fronts are there in order to increase safety.
    That's correct, yet again last night I was behind a car showing no rear lights but the driver presumably thought he was ok because his front day runners were on.

That's correct, yet again last night I was behind a car showing no rear lights but the driver presumably thought he was ok because his front day runners were on.
    We should really ask why do the manufacturers (and the law) think it’s okay to only fit at the front encouraging such use.

These people quite simply shouldn’t be on the road, the same way that people who can’t talk and drive shouldn’t be. If you’re driving down the road at night, assuming it’s a newer car, with just your DRLs on then you have no dash lights either ( or darker )....some people simply have no awareness and that’s the issue.
    Last edited by Franky Four Fingers; 28th November 2021 at 08:59.

Automatic lights could be the issue; if you are expecting the lights to come on automatically and for some unknown reason they’ve been switched off, it may take a little while for the driver to realise that they’ve no lights on.

I'd guess that they hadn't turned their dipped lights on rather than presume that their DLRLs were enough though either scenario isn't ideal!

As said directly above maybe the auto function on some cars has been deactivated for whatever reason, maybe by a second driver of the car. Why? Lord only knows. Many of the cars I see with their lights off at night are of a model/spec you'd expect to have the auto function as part of their standard spec.

Neither of my cars have DLRLs so I drive with dipped on with *every* journey, as such turning the lights on is as second nature has fastening my seat belt.
    Last edited by CardShark; 28th November 2021 at 11:14.

I got caught out last year after my car had a MOT, the tester had ( quite rightly I guess) switched off the driver aids like auto handbrake and auto lights, I only found out by driving in the dusk and the car rolling slightly at the shops.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    I got caught out last year after my car had a MOT, the tester had ( quite rightly I guess) switched off the driver aids like auto handbrake and auto lights, I only found out by driving in the dusk and the car rolling slightly at the shops.
    Happens nearly every time my car goes in for a service - can’t believe there’s not an indicator on the dash saying ‘your lights are on auto/off’ whatever. Manufacturers seem keen to tell you all kinds of nonsense about your average mpg in the last 5 minutes since you filled up, a nice logo for your radio station etc and a swooshy logo on the dash reminding you who made your car - but nothing that’s actually helpful like ‘to avoid a potentially dreadful accident, just letting you know your lights aren’t on and it’s pitch black’ - the light buttons themselves are tucked away out of immediate view on all 3 of our cars so it would seem a sensible option. I know it’s the drivers responsibility but especially with modern DRL’s being so bright it’s easy to pull away and realise your mistake a few potentially dangerous moments later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^ Good point that, plenty of bings on bongs should the seatbelt not be buckled or the ignition is off with the lights left on. In fact it seems so obvious that it should be done that maybe there's a reason why it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Some therapists do themselves no favours…

An oldie but a goodie.

Master
    My mums old Yaris was a nightmare it had a digital display in the middle of the dash and the only way you knew the lights were on was a very small green light and the dash went slightly brighter drove off a few times in it with no lights on and she got a flat battery a few times as the lights on warning buzzer was so quite it was useless

Master
    The big and shiny thing is purple, and not a watch. Shines like a pave dial Daytona.

M&S are undefeated in the T-shirt and pyjama categories.
    Hahaha, as long as you weren’t wearing your PJ’s :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Why folks wander along dark, country roads, on the wrong side of the road, (ie back to you) at night, in dark clothing!!! Do you get extra points for missing them? Just where the he** are they going and where did they come from?

^This is even worse in India where cyclists and pedestrians use roads without any concern for their safety. It is not unusual to see cars with at least one headlight out and you think a motorcycle is coming towards you. There is no MOT system as far as I know. As long as the horn works, you are ok!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tixntox View Post
    Why folks wander along dark, country roads, on the wrong side of the road, (ie back to you) at night, in dark clothing!!! Do you get extra points for missing them? Just where the he** are they going and where did they come from?
    Even on urban roads it’s bad. Often wonder if they realise just how invisible they are!!

Quote Originally Posted by tixntox View Post
    They’re also often wearing headphones and forget listening to music or talking on their phone.

We were always taught to walk facing oncoming traffic, that doesn’t seem to be the case these days!

Journeyman
    I'm sure this has been said before but I'm not reading the whole tread, but for me I'll never understand people who take their political stances as if it was religion and buy so much into that that just plain refuse to listen to any logic or evidence. I may understand, even justify it, for religion, but politics? the whole idea behind voting should be electing the bloke/bird who is supposed to represent your interests!

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos.Trejo View Post
    I'm sure this has been said before but I'm not reading the whole tread, but for me I'll never understand people who take their political stances as if it was religion and buy so much into that that just plain refuse to listen to any logic or evidence. I may understand, even justify it, for religion, but politics? the whole idea behind voting should be electing the bloke/bird who is supposed to represent your interests!
    Did you join TZ simply to mock Mick P?

Quote Originally Posted by prexelor View Post
    ^This is even worse in “most British cities” where cyclists and pedestrians use roads without any concern for their safety. It is not unusual to see cars with at least one headlight out and you think a motorcycle is coming towards you. There is no MOT system as far as I know. As long as the horn works, you are ok!
    FTFY

Craftsman
    The repeated misuse of the word ‘redux’ on this board.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Brauner Hund View Post
    Goes in with the fuel doesn't it?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Brauner Hund View Post
    Does it have a 'use' other than as an open-source JavaScript library for managing and centralizing application state?

Why are bananas so cheap?

Bought ten this morning (around 1.5kg) for the princely sum of £1.05 whereas 200g of raspberries is £3.50 or thereabouts.

Okay half the banana weight is lost chucking the skins but jeeesus!

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    Why are bananas so cheap?

Bought ten this morning (around 1.5kg) for the princely sum of £1.05 whereas 200g of raspberries is £3.50 or thereabouts.

Okay half the banana weight is lost chucking the skins but jeeesus!
    Shelf life of bananas far longer than raspberries if taking into account the time from harvesting, transporting etc perhaps?
    In the summer I saw tiny punnets of blackberries in Tesco, can't remember the price but it was a few quid. The damn things were growing everywhere for free at the time?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    Shelf life of bananas far longer than raspberries if taking into account the time from harvesting, transporting etc perhaps?
    In the summer I saw tiny punnets of blackberries in Tesco, can't remember the price but it was a few quid. The damn things were growing everywhere for free at the time?

Bananas are shipped green, and ripen in very carefully-controlled temperature and atmosphere on the vessels and in UK storage/distribution.

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    Bananas are shipped green, and ripen in very carefully-controlled temperature and atmosphere on the vessels and in UK storage/distribution.
    Yes, that's part of what I meant but you've explained it better.

Why my oldest repeatedly walks home in the pouring rain… with his waterproof and an umbrella in his bag! Just arrived home and might as well have jumped in the river.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post

I wonder how many people these days have never been blackberrying.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.