closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 24 of 57 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,200 of 2841

Thread: Things you'll never understand

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    I joined a top FMCG company a few years ago & was horrified to find they had the pink cheap stuff. This was a global multi-billion dollar chocolate company.

Used to take my own tissues to use, thought the carrying of a bog roll past the directors desks would set a poor opinion of myself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Similar at our work. Can't imagine going back to a place with those rolls, let alone not being able to control the temperature or open a window.

Btw our builders don't have radio on at all. No idea how they work all day like that. Even when painting, no music at all. Next door's builders had it on 24/7 shouting to one another and I couldn't stand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    And of course, a cob on is a bad mood!
    And a cob is a horse or nut.

Craftsman
    Hey, don't shoot the messenger. Its a cob around here or they look at you like youre from Mars.

To me it will always be a Tea Cake.
    (which is also a chocolate biscuit, similar to a walnut whip - sort of) :D

I don’t understand why anyone would use toilet paper when you can wash it. Forget about bog rolls and see how I roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Possu View Post
    I don’t understand why anyone would use toilet paper when you can wash it. Forget about bog rolls and see how I roll.
    I have one on each toilet but usually only use it to clean the toilet.

Tried to use it once and had water all over the floor. Have to run the water for a few seconds first or its ice cold.

Practice makes perfect. There just is no substitute to the clean feel of a proper wash. Think about it. If you fall face first in manure do you wipe your face with some paper or do you wash it? My bum deserves no less than my face and it’s arguably better looking anyway.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Isn't that a breadcake?
    Nope, it’s a muffin. Stop yer tittering at the back.

Master

Ah the old bum gun. I first discovered it’s correct use in Koh Samui when I had a case of the trotts and wiping my butt just became too painful. Letting that thing do the job was pure bliss.
    Up until then I thought they were just for cleaning the toilets.

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Bamboo. Splinters?
    Try bamboo socks, so comfy.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    The Cheeky Panda toilet roll will change your life for the better. Trust me. You can get it on amazon.
    Will do. Just opened a packet of Andrex as Costco were sold out of Cushelle and it's awful. Will add some into my basket now.

Master
    Planning your own funeral

To return back to the original thread
    Why anyone would shoot a pictorial guide to cleaning your chocolate starfish.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    To return back to the original thread
    Why anyone would shoot a pictorial guide to cleaning your chocolate starfish.
    I am not sure where your chocolate starfish is located, but mine certainly isn't where that chap appears to be rinsing!

How those, who need to post online for advice on the simplest of tasks from random strangers, manage in day-to-day life (e.g. do their wives dress them in the morning?). I realise the typical TZUK-er is older and male, but surely not yet senile and completely incompetent. Some of these numerous daily requests for advice really do beggar belief.

How rational people can still accept and excuse Tory criminality and supercilious behaviour!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post
    How rational people can still accept and excuse Tory criminality and supercilious behaviour!
    Perhaps it's you. I suspect it is.

No politics pls. The banned BP members will all turn up!

Master
    Long term members who still as the “mods” questions

Because unfortunately, for everyone, eventually even the tories themselves who will consider themselves untouchable until it is too late, there is no viable alternative.

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

Master
    How rational people can still accept and excuse political/media criminality and supercilious behaviour.

Journeyman
    The ‘when stocks rebound where best to invest’ thread.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Blog Entries
    Why the fluff in my naval doesn’t match the colour of my jumper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Will do. Just opened a packet of Andrex as Costco were sold out of Cushelle and it's awful. Will add some into my basket now.
    Why anyone would buy Cushelle in Costco when their own brand Kirkland loo roll is far better.

Master
    Because anyone with a brain usually does well under the Tories.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    Because anyone with no morality whatsoever - usually does well under the Tories.
    That one’s free - on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    Very interesting question btw

Battleship grey?

Quote Originally Posted by Cynar View Post
    Why anyone would buy Cushelle in Costco when their own brand Kirkland loo roll is far better.
    Cushelle cachet.

New towels?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Battleship grey?
    Well played
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Master
    Blog Entries
    Alluring dayglo pink

Master
    Not sure if it’s been mentioned before but people who stop on a main road, when the traffic is moving, to allow other drivers in from side roads.

People who stop to let another car out, when there's no one behind them.

Master
    Cyclists who think “How can I make myself more vulnerable cycling in traffic? I know, I’ll wear headphones to cut myself off from the world generally and other road users specifically.”

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Cyclists who think “How can I make myself more vulnerable cycling in traffic? I know, I’ll wear headphones to cut myself off from the world generally and other road users specifically.”
    ....whilst texting, and a carrier bag of shopping hanging from the handlebars. I have seen this more than once.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    ....whilst texting, and a carrier bag of shopping hanging from the handlebars. I have seen this more than once.

And jumping red lights.

People wearing masks in cars- alone.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Master
    How a motorway can be going just 70mph in the outer lane, often dropping to 55 with a hill. Even my A reg 1.3 fiesta could manage to hold a higher speed going uphill.

Is the driving now so poor that people cannot use more throttle to maintain a speed?

Oh and also why people cannot hold a fixed speed when driving, I kept to the same mph along the M4 for about an hour yesterday & amazed how many people overtook me, for me to pass them again shortly after, followed again by them for miles. Just can’t work out their logic.

Also why the general public cannot work out how to use the inner lanes on smart motorway sections. Unsure if it was holiday-folk who don’t drive on motorways, but it was truly terrible behaviour.

I can add braking distances, pulling out blindly without mirrors and an inability to keep the car between the white lines. As much as a petrol head that I am, and hate the idea of Tesla type automation, some people will be significantly less of a risk to themselves and others with such technology.

Check for swearing as it’s not the rant thread.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    People wearing masks in cars- alone.
    Depends whose car it is!

Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408 View Post
    And jumping red lights.
    Do they know such things exist?

Master
    Why people use credit at exhorbitant interest rates to buy stuff they don't need.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post

Drivers texting & driving. That familiar look down at their mobile phone, a quick look up to assess the road ahead, then back to the mobile phone. See it multiple times every time I'm out on my bike or in the car. The best one was where I was stationary in a queue of traffic when I looked across at a slowly moving line of oncoming traffic & saw that a Transit van driver was looking down at his mobile phone while still moving forward. There happened to be a police car right behind him so I rolled my window down & called out to the policeman that the driver in front of him was texting & driving. The policeman was out of his car like a shot & was at the Transit driver's window in time to see him throwing his mobile phone onto the passenger seat. Unfortunately my queue started moving so I didn't have the pleasure of seeing any more of the karma.

Couples shopping, one wearing a mask one not. Surely if one has it/gets it, they both will?

Quote Originally Posted by trident-7 View Post
    Drivers texting & driving. That familiar look down at their mobile phone, a quick look up to assess the road ahead, then back to the mobile phone. See it multiple times every time I'm out on my bike or in the car. The best one was where I was stationary in a queue of traffic when I looked across at a slowly moving line of oncoming traffic & saw that a Transit van driver was looking down at his mobile phone while still moving forward. There happened to be a police car right behind him so I rolled my window down & called out to the policeman that the driver in front of him was texting & driving. The policeman was out of his car like a shot & was at the Transit driver's window in time to see him throwing his mobile phone onto the passenger seat. Unfortunately my queue started moving so I didn't have the pleasure of seeing any more of the karma.
    Van drivers (must admit I'm one, albeit a campervan) seem to be the worse, and also young women in modern hatchbacks that you know have sync for their phones.

Quote Originally Posted by tixntox View Post
    Why people use credit at exhorbitant interest rates to buy stuff they don't need.
    You realise this is a watch forum right?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by trident-7 View Post
    Pet hate of mine also, see it more and more.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

I fitted an auxiliary kit to my standard Golf mark 5 stereo and with a Bluetooth adapter, I can say ok google call whoever or send a text. It all works well and no need to touch the phone with exception of unlocking phone before you start the car.

However, on occasions a message is received and so I say, ok google read my messages. With confidence, google announces there are no messages.

Master
    Why people eat fast food in their car. I have the, ahem, pleasure of having to walk through one of these cursed leisure parks a couple of times a week and see literally dozens of cars full of people stuffing their faces, often in sixty grand super cars. I mean, why!? The smell, the sticky hands, the grease…

Vile to be honest

When living with my in-laws for 18 months during covid one of the biggest treats was the weekly takeaway in the car.

Sunroof open, heated seats on, trays and real cutlery from home along with proper ketchup and nice kitchen towel. Can't beat it. Transformative.

Master
    Haha - well each to his own I suppose!

Wagamama was always a challenge but we were often parked down the road from OneLastTime chomping like animals.