closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 21 of 57 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,050 of 2840

Thread: Things you'll never understand

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Price, style, colour, size....

There may be one or more of many reasons.

Unless this could also be in the Dear Wife thread, in which case there’s no good reason at all!
    Yep, should really be in that thread but I was trying to keep it brief. Long day.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    I keep seeing a lot of EV cars parked in ICE car parking spaces
    I suspect there’s a bit of ‘why do only rich people who can afford an EV get their own special parking space’ envy going on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    I suspect there’s a bit of ‘why do only rich people who can afford an EV get their own special parking space’ envy going on

Or, it's more a case of EV drivers not paying any road tax maybe....
    Last edited by Suds; 25th September 2021 at 23:10.

Master
    People who still refer to ‘Road Tax’ despite it not existing for over 80 years.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Ha, people who don't see the cost of a licence as another tax. ; )

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Anything that annoys old stuck in their ways gits is fine by me. Starting to like cyclists even more…
    Funny thing is, a high percentage of the lycra loons around here seem to be those wrinkly old gits, with their 'very close' veins bulging underneath their skin tight shorts.

The local garden centre cafe is a favourite stopping place for them, no doubt topping up on the Phyllosan and energy drinks before continuing on their wobbly way.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Master
    People who think a loud exhaust means you must be speeding.

This. How these cyclists could be such selfish arses as to not use the dedicated cycle lane the council has just put in (which has resulted in the roads being narrowed and now extremely difficult to overtake a cyclist on). Clearly in that garb they are likely to be recreational cyclists too and not travelling somewhere out of necessity which makes it all the worse.

They didn't seem to care that they were causing a back up of vehicular traffic and even with the argument you sometimes get from the MAMILs that the cycle lane is 'full of debris' etc then surely the courteous thing would be to move into it for a bit, let all the vehicles by and then back onto the road? Seems pointless having the cycle lanes at all then?

Last edited by ryanb741; 26th September 2021 at 19:53.

I would have held the horn for as long as it took, Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    I would have held the horn for as long as it took, Ryan
    Wasn't me driving in this pic but what inevitably happens is someone gets cheesed off and tries to overtake them with a tiny window of opportunity and one of them gets knocked off etc.

Master
    I rarely use cycle lanes as they are, generally speaking, dangerous, short stretches of pavement that the council has put in to tick a box. As opposed to those that countries like Denmark and the Netherlands have put in place, with a bit of thought and effort behind it all.

The pic above is a hard one to explain though, looks perfectly decent.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    This. How these cyclists could be such selfish arses as to not use the dedicated cycle lane the council has just put in (which has resulted in the roads being narrowed and now extremely difficult to overtake a cyclist on). Clearly in that garb they are likely to be recreational cyclists too and not travelling somewhere out of necessity which makes it all the worse.

They didn't seem to care that they were causing a back up of vehicular traffic and even with the argument you sometimes get from the MAMILs that the cycle lane is 'full of debris' etc then surely the courteous thing would be to move into it for a bit, let all the vehicles by and then back onto the road? Seems pointless having the cycle lanes at all then?

That picture just about sums up the Lycra crowd.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Seems pointless having the cycle lanes at all then?
    I agree mate. I hate cycle lanes. Rubbish incoherent patchy designs crowbarred in to areas where the council has space, never where they are actually needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post
    Why horsey people have to plod around the roads in an arrogant "we were here first" way expecting everyone, even pedal bikers, to give them consideration. Ride on the bloody fields ffs.
    Police horses are trained not to react to traffic or loud noises. When I'm king I'll make it the law that to go on a public highway, a horse must have had similar training.

Reborn babies. Wtf is all that about?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...10928393510331

Quote Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
    The pic above is a hard one to explain though, looks perfectly decent.
    Without regular cleaning, cycle lanes quickly fill up with crap. Broken glass, stones and whatever else gets pushed by passing cars into those lanes and they become a haven for picking up punctures. You can see in the picture that there's more debris in the lane.

There are a few high traffic cycle lanes that are a joy to use in London and there are some nightmares.

For example, the road through Epping Forest towards London has a cycle lane, but almost nobody (including me) uses it. The council don't resurface the cycle bit, so it's a bumpy as hell, full of debris and because it's lower than the carriageway, is full of puddles. Cars regularly honk and perform punishment passes here, but it is far safer and more comfortable to stay on the road.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by guinea View Post
    Without regular cleaning, cycle lanes quickly fill up with crap. Broken glass, stones and whatever else gets pushed by passing cars into those lanes and they become a haven for picking up punctures.
    I think that every time I see a cycle lane. And no one seems bothered about parking on them which is presumably technically not allowed.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Why I always get a cold straight after a holiday.
    (haven't been on a plane)

I spent the weekend with friends and their 30 something daughters.

I now need to know what “Pumpkin Spice” is.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by prexelor View Post
    I'm in McDonald's having a coffee and a customer is putting fries inside her chicken sandwich. I cannot decide if this genius or crazy.
    Having a coffee in McDonalds is definitely crazy

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    I now need to know what “Pumpkin Spice” is.

Did she replace Victoria Beckham?

Quote Originally Posted by PhilT View Post
    Having a coffee in McDonalds is definitely crazy
    At currently 99p it is nice coffee and the speed of service is fairly quick. Plus if I order on the app, I have a coffee without queuing and therefore in and out fairly quick.

The other choice is Costa Coffee, which can be ordered on the app but I usually prefer when I have a bit more time for a sit down.

Not sure how far on the crazy scale that is.

On a scale of 0-10, about 0.01 at a push.

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

At currently 99p it is nice coffee and the speed of service is fairly quick. Plus if I order on the app, I have a coffee without queuing and therefore in and out fairly quick.

The other choice is Costa Coffee, which can be ordered on the app but I usually prefer when I have a bit more time for a sit down.

My mum and brother swear by McDonald's coffee. I'm lactose intolerant so have never tried it but I'm sure it's very decent.

Not into Costa and don't have 20 minutes to hang around at Nero each time. Starbucks isn't ideal but is better than people make out.

People who refer to the outside lane as the “fast lane” as though there is some sort of “slow lane” on a motorway

I like my coffee, and have to say, McDonalds coffee is quite decent, especially at 99p a cup, I prefer it to Costa and Starbucks to be honest.
    Cheers..
    Jase

To be fair each lane is in theory faster than the other (up to 70mph) as you should only be using it to overtake and pip back into the middle/left lane once done.

If lorries are in the inside lane limited to 56mph and the limit for the road is 70 then by default the outside lane is faster than the inside.

Master
    I can’t understand why people think it’s ok to verbally abuse / bully other people on social media sites and forums. If you wouldn’t say something to somebody face to face why think it’s ok to type it? Everybody moans about kids doing it in schools etc to the point where kids are stabbing each other and self harming and yet I see it all the time from the so called grown ups on here and elsewhere. It’s very destructive. I just don’t get it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stilgoe1972 View Post
    I can’t understand why people think it’s ok to verbally abuse / bully other people on social media sites and forums. If you wouldn’t say something to somebody face to face why think it’s ok to type it? Everybody moans about kids doing it in schools etc to the point where kids are stabbing each other and self harming and yet I see it all the time from the so called grown ups on here and elsewhere. It’s very destructive. I just don’t get it.
    Many people believe (often without consciously realising it, I think) that online somehow isn't real. People here have even said that this isn't real. However, the mode of communication makes no difference to its reality: This is real, forums are real, face to face is real, telephone is real, letters are real, everything is real, equally real, and equally significant.
    Last edited by markrlondon; 1st October 2021 at 22:46.

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    Many people believe (often without consciously realising it, I think) that online somehow isn't real. People here have even said that this isn't real. However, the the mode of communication makes no difference to its reality: This is real, forums are real, face to face is real, telephone is real, letters are real, everything is real, equally real, and equally significant.
    I agree.

We have a few on here who have stated that it's not real life and they do not know people - would they say the stuff to people they do not know?
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    I agree.

We have a few on here who have stated that it's not real life and they do not know people - would they say the stuff to people they do not know?
    It does seem common across lots of the social media forum etc. For whatever reason some think it’s ok for to bully, poke fun, harass when they have never even met the person. Celebrities unfortunately get lots of flak but that’s what happens when you want to live in the media eye and I guess they have entered the nasty , bitchy firing line.
    Maybe social media is a ray of light for those that aren’t socially gifted or were perhaps bullied and can sit in the safe confines of a room and throw insults at whoever they please digging the keyboard knife in whenever they can to a total stranger over money, material values , looks or even their culture. It’s fun for them and they can feel better about themselves and maybe even get a little keyboard love from the other sad sheep.
    Sadly enough many of the bully/ warriors are parents and I bet many are all against their own children going on social media sites for these bullying reasons.
    It would certainly be interesting to see some of the abusers in real life to see what they are really made of ,be it from Twitter, Instagram or maybe even TZ and see if they would spout the same nastyness at somebody if they were 2 metres away from them. I expect not and I expect this to get worst the more people don’t have to interact with other office people and spend more time in keyboard world where they can be who they like. Face to face interaction is still very important it would seem as it sets social boundaries. Obvious but true.

Things you'll never understand

When a recruiter rings and emails you with details about a promising opportunity to see if you are interested but the minute you ask for the details you need I.e role, location, pay and length of contract they go quiet…

I’m hardly going to give you all my details if it’s not worth my time am I?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    I like my coffee, and have to say, McDonalds coffee is quite decent, especially at 99p a cup, I prefer it to Costa and Starbucks to be honest.
    I'm genuinely ashamed to say that I prefer the Wetherspoons coffee.

Without regular cleaning, cycle lanes quickly fill up with crap. Broken glass, stones and whatever else gets pushed by passing cars into those lanes and they become a haven for picking up punctures. You can see in the picture that there's more debris in the lane.

There are a few high traffic cycle lanes that are a joy to use in London and there are some nightmares.

For example, the road through Epping Forest towards London has a cycle lane, but almost nobody (including me) uses it. The council don't resurface the cycle bit, so it's a bumpy as hell, full of debris and because it's lower than the carriageway, is full of puddles. Cars regularly honk and perform punishment passes here, but it is far safer and more comfortable to stay on the road.
    In addition to that, cycle lanes are on the whole 50cm odd wide, which is completely at odds with the Highway Code, which advises a minimum of 1.5m clearance when passing a cyclist. In Hampshire the cycle lanes are completely unnavigable by anything with two wheels and not cycling in them is the safest option.
    I am one of those old lycra clad blokes, but I am actually a commuter - it's too easy to lump anyone in clothing which is actually fit for purpose in to the lycra warrior class. I could do the same to 4x4 drivers, builders and (oddly) drivers of black small VWs with 06 registrations as groups inconsiderate of cyclists.

Blog Entries

This is a road in a village near me. It was a narrow road to begin with, now the cycle lanes are there the width of road left each side is about 6ft. You can't drive down it without either taking up both sides of the road or driving on the cycle lane. Just ridiculous.

I agree with your point there OOK but do have to ask... Were you driving when you took that?

Quote Originally Posted by M4tt View Post
    I'm genuinely ashamed to say that I prefer the Wetherspoons coffee.
    I have not sampled the coffee there.

I once went to a posh coffee place, well it was too posh for me. Upon ordering an americano, I was told it’s not on the menu. What? Well can you make a coffee and add some milk? I got an almost thimble sized coffee but it was very nice.

What I always find surprising is people having a pint early morning at the airport. I generally feel the cold and the last thing on my mind is a cold pint.

Blog Entries
    Why do they package bacon in packs of 7 rashers ? That’s just crazy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    I agree with your point there OOK but do have to ask... Were you driving when you took that?
    No, I waited for a day with no other traffic so I could stop momentarily! It’s a road I use couple of times a week. I wanted to take a picture from outside the car to show the width better, but a car had just appeared behind me so didn’t have time. 😂

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    This is a road in a village near me. It was a narrow road to begin with, now the cycle lanes are there the width of road left each side is about 6ft. You can't drive down it without either taking up both sides of the road or driving on the cycle lane. Just ridiculous.

We have a cycle lane on a residential street, then they wondered why there were cars parked in the cycle lane! There is another one on a busy industrial road that just abruptly stops.

Quote Originally Posted by numberjack View Post
    1 per day

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by numberjack View Post
    Four slices for you, three for the wife, that’s how it works in my house, as I’m the one who makes them.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Four slices for you, three for the wife, that’s how it works in my house, as I’m the one who makes them.
    She is a lucky girl!! 5/2 in our house.

Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408 View Post
    She is a lucky girl!! 5/2 in our house.
    7-0 here, wife is vegetarian.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    7-0 here, wife is vegetarian.
    Bacon is a vegetable.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master
    Tesco Finest has eight.

Three slices for a bacon butty in my house followed by “oh give me a slice of bacon”
    “you said you didn’t want one”
    “yeah but now I have smelt it…”
    “FFS”

Past trying to understand it, just p1sses me off.
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 3rd October 2021 at 20:08.

Ostriches - they are a failure as birds.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    Ostriches - they are a failure as birds.
    Well, they are very tasty.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    Three slices for a bacon butty in my house followed by “oh give me a slice of bacon”
    “you said you didn’t want one”
    “yeah but now I have smelt it…”
    “FFS”

Past trying to understand it, just p1sses me off.
    So you are where my wife sneaks off to!