closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 49 of 57 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,450 of 2840

Thread: Things you'll never understand

Quote Originally Posted by Maysie View Post
    Why my mother-in-law feels she is the font of ALL knowledge on every single subject, despite knowing absolutely nothing, nothing at all, of any use, on any subject. It is very clear that her over-opinionated views have not changed on anything, since being in the local Women's Institute in 1975.

I also do not understand why, despite knowing sweet FA about anything, she then continues to argue on every single subject (which she knows nothing about), therefore ruining every conversation taking place around her.
    NOT EVERYTHING IS ABOUT YOU!
    Does your Mother in Law live in Spain and love Rolex? Trying to establish a link…

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    Does your Mother in Law live in Spain and love Rolex? Trying to establish a link…
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Bravo!
    F.T.F.A.

Why anyone thinks it's OK to sit at a table in a restaurant noisily blowing their nose.

I've been away this weekend, and at breakfast at the hotel both days, with loaded fork en route to mouth, I've been subjected to the sight and sound of some git unpacking his trunk into a crusty-looking handkerchief. Utterly bloody repulsive.

Master
    Why football people have to destroy the city even when they won the championship. Animals.

Forgotten password? So you click on it to get a new one and it asks you to put your old one in which you've forgotten?

Master
    I shouldn’t have read that while having a very late lunch!

Quote Originally Posted by DMC102 View Post
    Why anyone thinks it's OK to sit at a table in a restaurant noisily blowing their nose.

I've been away this weekend, and at breakfast at the hotel both days, with loaded fork en route to mouth, I've been subjected to the sight and sound of some git unpacking his trunk into a crusty-looking handkerchief. Utterly bloody repulsive.
    Last edited by David_D; 16th May 2023 at 21:20.

Why couples on the verge of separation decide to have children thinking it will solve their problems and then they divorce.

BUBI
    @porque.racing

Quote Originally Posted by Possu View Post
    I can relate to that. ”Often wrong but never uncertain.”
    Have you met my wife?
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Why my local sells an extensive selection of tinned sea food and who would want to buy them when drinking a pint? Also who would pay that sort of money for tinned sardines!

No wonder you're sat outside. Must be pretty pungent.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DMC102 View Post

God - this is 100x preferable to some muppet sat there sniffing and snorting every ten seconds throughout the duration of a meal. All hail the nose-blowers I say!

People unable to keep their things on their desk. Always someone has a drink, bag or something else partly on my desk.

I could possibly understand if the desks were small but they are not.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by prexelor View Post
    People unable to keep their things on their desk. Always someone has a drink, bag or something else partly on my desk.

I could possibly understand if the desks were small but they are not.
    Haha yes, that used to really wind me up in the office. Didn’t get in my way, but the fact it was there did it.

I now WFH mostly alway, actively avoid spending £50 to sit in a chair nothing like my Aeron and stare at a non 4k screen with rubbish peripherals.

My wife however feels the need to use my office desk as a place to leave things that need putting away as she knows I won’t be able to leave them there and get on with work as I like my desk tidy!

Why I re-live embarrassing moments from decades ago while taking my morning shower. The other parties have likely forgotten the incidents entirely.

I do the same when dropping the kids off at the pool late at night.

Master
    IT worker sues her boss believing 'xx' in email were kisses https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-65632912

My word. I dread to think how some of my previous correspondence might be interpreted.

Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post
    IT worker sues her boss believing 'xx' in email were kisses https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-65632912

My word. I dread to think how some of my previous correspondence might be interpreted.
    OMG.
    What is going on in these peoples heads these days?!

Some great replies to my mother in law rant above by the way (thank you - they really made me smile).

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Maysie View Post
    OMG.
    What is going on in these peoples heads these days?!
    Very little outside of their own little, insignificant universe sadly.

Master
    Why 'white' grapes are green, 'black' grapes are dark red and 'red' grapes are a mixture of red and green.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post

Initials: ajg
    A Jumbo Genital

Too funny if that is what you make of said initials!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Time Cat View Post
    Initials: ajg
    A Jumbo Genital

Too funny if that is what you make of said initials!
    At least there was a sensible judge in this case.

Master
    Spitalfields or Borough Markets. Utter carnage and chaos. Wife and I walked 16 miles around London today, doing the lesser tourist things like Temple etc.

Routed past the above markets based on insta posts and intrigue by the food offerings available. No mention of limited seating areas or cramming yourself onto a large wooden set of stairs inches away from others.

Screw that for a game of soldiers. Give me the hawker stands in SGP any day, far more enjoyable, far less up it’s arse, and likely far more authentic. One van called something like 2 GUYS FROM GHANA had 3 women in the van; lacked authenticity from there lol.

I could tell when I was getting close to a market, the increase in skin tight jeans, finely honed beards and jaunty hats increased tremendously.

Things you'll never understand

Made that mistake once. Went to Camden market for some halloumi fries I saw on social media. Expensive and tasted weird but I ate the lot because I’d paid good money. Got the squids a few hours later.

Never really go in borough market but the chocolate brownie in Monmouth is pretty nice. They charge 25p for paper takeaway cups now but plastic iced coffee cups are free somehow. Some arrogance when I asked for a flat white in a plastic cup. Hipsters.
    Last edited by wileeeeeey; 24th May 2023 at 20:54. Reason: Profanity

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Made that mistake once. Went to Camden market for some halloumi fries I saw on social media. Expensive and tasted weird but I ate the lot because I’d paid good money. Got the squids a few hours later.

Never really go in borough market but the chocolate brownie in Monmouth is pretty nice. They charge 25p for paper takeaway cups now but plastic iced coffee cups are free somehow. Some arrogance when I asked for a flat white in a plastic cup. Hipsters.
    Camden was a usual haunt of mine 20+ years ago and I loved it, social media seems to have ruined what I loved there.

Am now likely to avoid most places I have previously frequented in London, and only target where I want to try - the same as NYC, I look at where I want to eat & go there vs wander looking for divine inspiration.

Used to work in the past, but now too many people filming themselves or watching their phones & almost walking into things.

Found out if I scruff my trainer sole on the floor it is like a squash court noise, bringing someone back to reality rather abruptly, wife not impressed....I enjoyed waking the phone walkers (wrong letter)

Master
    Blog Entries
    Why do people say they will do something that you know they never will ….

Then you go out of your way to accommodate them, then unwind it all when they drop out at the last minute with some lame excuse you have heard before….

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Camden was a usual haunt of mine 20+ years ago and I loved it, social media seems to have ruined what I loved there.

Am now likely to avoid most places I have previously frequented in London, and only target where I want to try - the same as NYC, I look at where I want to eat & go there vs wander looking for divine inspiration.

Used to work in the past, but now too many people filming themselves or watching their phones & almost walking into things.

Found out if I scruff my trainer sole on the floor it is like a squash court noise, bringing someone back to reality rather abruptly, wife not impressed....I enjoyed waking the phone walkers (wrong letter)
    The phone zombies are a real problem here in the city. There are legions of them not looking where they walk. If you bump in to them, because they walk 4 people wide, they’ll get mad. It’s one of the reasons i don’t like city center strawling anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post

Red Wings make the same noise on most posh office floors.

Have to admit I am usually a phone zombie but this week I've not been and the walk is easier and more enjoyable.

Screenshottable step counts!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Old men arguing ad nausia… as ye song says “Let it go, let it go…”

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    Why do people say they will do something that you know they never will ….

Then you go out of your way to accommodate them, then unwind it all when they drop out at the last minute with some lame excuse you have heard before….
    Precisely why I've abandoned all "friends" over the years, and stuck to four real friends (two couples) eschewing all others.

When the poo hits the fan, "friends" evaporate quicker than isopropyl alcohol.

Even my mate of 30 years turned out to be a ball-less, henpecked no-hoper when he got married.

Quote Originally Posted by Filterlab View Post

Even my mate of 30 years turned out to be a ball-less, henpecked no-hoper when he got married.
    Yeah, sh!t that is. A pal of near 40yrs I considered my brother, finally caved in to his over opinionated wife's desires and dropped me after my 30yr marriage ended in divorce.
    Just happened that he met his wife to be at my first daughters 5yr birthday party and my former wife was his wife to be's best friend.

Yellow backed prick !!!

I sent him a packet of unknown seeds in the post and told him to plant them and "grow a set".

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    Yeah, sh!t that is. A pal of near 40yrs I considered my brother, finally caved in to his over opinionated wife's desires and dropped me after my 30yr marriage ended in divorce.
    Just happened that he met his wife to be at my first daughters 5yr birthday party and my former wife was his wife to be's best friend.

Yellow backed prick !!!

I sent him a packet of unknown seeds in the post and told him to plant them and "grow a set".
    LOL!

I hear you mate.

I knew my "friend" was lost when I suggested popping down to his place in Kent for a few beers and a catch up. He asked what time precisely I'd be there - which I thought was an odd question.

When I asked why, he told me that "his wife wouldn't allow his friends to see him when she was in the house".

I didn't go. Never seen him since. Couldn't care less if he's alive or not now. Shame to flush a 30-year friendship down the bog, but he made his bed and had to lay in it.

Things you'll never understand

Had a good mate do similar. Tale as old as time.

Apparently there is a difference between his friends and their friends and I was the former.

Happy wife happy life breeds a monster and inverts your penis.
    Last edited by wileeeeeey; 26th May 2023 at 10:28.

Utility is at least 5/7´s proximity, friendships are much the same, with perhaps one or two exceptions if you´re lucky...that´s just life, possible exception being you´re born, live and die, barely setting foot outside your home town- village.

Find a good wife, no problems.
    Last edited by Passenger; 25th May 2023 at 12:09.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    More likely to find an iCloud-synced unicorn that farts rainbows.

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post

I since have !!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Precisely why I've abandoned all "friends" over the years, and stuck to four real friends (two couples) eschewing all others.

When the poo hits the fan, "friends" evaporate quicker than isopropyl alcohol.

I tend to be the one who organises stuff and it's always the same people that say they will come to some social event and then never turn up requiring me to amend bookings.

I'm sure its the wives getting cold feet or having some sort of issue ...

Master
    I guess I’m lucky as our friends are mainly my ones, hers seemed to abandon her after the wedding. Very bizarre behaviour and we can’t work out why.

Yes we have both done ok in life, but they seem to have walked away because she has, whereas her friends MO seemed to have been many kids by many men for benefits.

Can’t say I’m that gutted personally but feel for her & the friends she grew up with.

I only have a small group of friends but trust them with my life, and should that expire, to help my wife with whatever she needs. I think it is very much quality over quantity.

Master
    LOL!

I hear you mate.

I knew my "friend" was lost when I suggested popping down to his place in Kent for a few beers and a catch up. He asked what time precisely I'd be there - which I thought was an odd question.

When I asked why, he told me that "his wife wouldn't allow his friends to see him when she was in the house".

I didn't go. Never seen him since. Couldn't care less if he's alive or not now. Shame to flush a 30-year friendship down the bog, but he made his bed and had to lay in it.
    I never blame the wife in that scenario as they are hard wired to do that shit.
    It's the absolutely gutless guy that has allowed that situation to develop that needs put in the ground.
    Good on you cutting ties.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Had a good mate do similar. Take as old as time.

Apparently there is a difference between his friends and their friends and I was the former.

Happy wife happy life breeds a monster and inverts your penis.
    Being c**t struck is a common ailment that affects men, (I have caught it myself once upon a time.) they usually catch it when in their early to mid 20s, although some are unlucky and catch it later. Unfortunately some men do not recover and suffer from the side effects for life, it leads to misery emasculation and general wallyness, others are lucky and receive the antidote - a metaphorical kick in the pods or a slap around the head leading to a realisation regarding the situation. These men move on to find happiness and contentment. However it can take years to find the cure in some cases. I was very fortunate that the condition only lasted 18 months and my recovery was swift. Although it cost me a lot of money.
    I am a happier person and was lucky that my mates were still around. I don’t miss her or the house but do think back fondly through rose tinted specs on her ability to suck a golf ball through a hose pipe.

#2444 yep happened to me around my mid 20s, bloody expensive lesson...
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Being c**t struck is a common ailment that affects men, (I have caught it myself once upon a time.) they usually catch it when in their early to mid 20s, although some are unlucky and catch it later. Unfortunately some men do not recover and suffer from the side effects for life, it leads to misery emasculation and general wallyness, others are lucky and receive the antidote - a metaphorical kick in the pods or a slap around the head leading to a realisation regarding the situation. These men move on to find happiness and contentment. However it can take years to find the cure in some cases. I was very fortunate that the condition only lasted 18 months and my recovery was swift. Although it cost me a lot of money.
    I am a happier person and was lucky that my mates were still around. I don’t miss her or the house but do think back fondly through rose tinted specs on her ability to suck a golf ball through a hose pipe.
    Lol got me at the end. Think hood is right and they're all hardwired for it.

I get guys doing anything to get some, we've all been there, but I draw the line at being anyone to get it. I'd rather open up private browsing.

I always wonder when you have a friend like that wtf it is she does which makes him become so pathetic. I asked a friend once wtf his gf does to make him turn into such a bottom and said whatever it is it must be brutal. Didn't go down well.

Being c**t struck
    When I worked on Tornado aircraft part of the fly by wire system was called CSAS (Command and Stability Augmentation System). It was also used as an abbreviation for the affliction of being C**t Struck And Stupid. Nearly 30 years on and I'm still using the term for those who get reeled in.

I have had beer in the fridge since December and thought I better check the best before date. I look at the label which said to look at the neck for the best before date. I must have turned the bottle twenty times and eventually found it. Why not just print it on the label?

How anyone can have a beer in the fridge since December? And why someone check the best before date?
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 26th May 2023 at 20:32.

Quote Originally Posted by prexelor View Post
    I have had beer in the fridge since December and thought I better check the best before date. I look at the label which said to look at the neck for the best before date. I must have turned the bottle twenty times and eventually found it. Why not just print it on the label?

Why not just drink it? ;-)
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    How anyone can have a beer in the fridge since December? And why someone check the best before date?
    Haha I am with you there my friend!

Master
    #2444 Prob all been there. I was but realisation dawned and I got out. Used to work with someone whose partner made him hide the brand new Golf he had bought when he handed the company Audi back. He had a set of stories that left me shaking my head. She dumped my colleaguefor a richer man who a few yrs later dumped her for a younger woman. She contacted my colleague about the good times but he had wisely learned his lesson

Master
    At the self scan, packing the bag with one hand because your phone is in the other hand.