closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 10 of 57 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Things you'll never understand

Quote Originally Posted by Jdh1 View Post
    Dormer roofs. Why? Just spend a few quid more on a few more bricks and you will then have rooms with proper perpendicular walls. You can then use the whole room, can stand stuff against the walls and won't spend the rest of your life banging your head on the ******* slope. But no...let's do a half arsed job. Who wants to be able to stand upright in their own bedroom anyway? Crazy idea.
    Planning permission? I live in an area of bungalows, nearly all have dormers including mine, a few have tried for a proper two story job and denial is swift and final.

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

Master
    Carpeted bathrooms!

Sent from my Nokia 3.1 using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    Planning permission? I live in an area of bungalows, nearly all have dormers including mine, a few have tried for a proper two story job and denial is swift and final.

Different around here.

I have seen three bungalows locally that have been turned into proper two storey houses.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega View Post
    Love what you've done with your avatar, Bravo.
    Thanks, Clarence.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    My neighbour who doesn't have a driveway so puts his bins out to block his space whenever he leaves the house.

It wouldn't be so annoying but they have two cars so while demanding he has a space outside his door he's more than happy to let his other car deny someone else of the same.
    Just move his bins while he's out, or put them just a little bit close together so the space isn't big enough for his car

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Different around here.

I have seen three bungalows locally that have been turned into proper two storey houses.
    A few round by us are still technically dormers, but to say they are pushing that envelope would be an understatement. They look like monstrosities to me and the council giving them planning for true two story houses would have been a better result for them and everyone who has the results opposite them. But then my local council rarely covers itself in glory.

Mrs TKH came out with a corker whilst watching TV last night...

72 Hour Deodorant - why ?.......eeeeewwwww..

Quote Originally Posted by TKH View Post
    Mrs TKH came out with a corker whilst watching TV last night...

72 Hour Deodorant - why ?.......eeeeewwwww..
    Worrying isn't it? Especially if their market research is accurate...urrgh!

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    This.

Why airlines allow people to take such huge hand luggage inside a plane.

M

Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk
    And why they decide to load the contents of a large suitcase into three carry on bags. When the limit is one.

Then can’t lift them into the overhead storage because the bags are too heavy. Then can’t find space near them. All the while blocking others from boarding. Simply to then have the cabin crew remove the bags and put then in the hold. Gets around paying for luggage, but Jesus, Mary and Joseph….

Why some Welsh and Scottish people have this "Anyone but England" mentality in football, I am yet to meet an Irishman who could care less.
    Everyone I know in England is either indifferent or would support the Welsh or Scots if they played.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Why some Welsh and Scottish people have this "Anyone but England" mentality in football, I am yet to meet an Irishman who could care less.
    Everyone I know in England is either indifferent or would support the Welsh or Scots if they played.
    This. If England were out but Wales/Scotland we’re still in I would be cheering them on over whoever they were playing. But the Scots / Welsh will be supporting Italy on Sunday night.

I'd say most Irish will be the same as the Scots and the Welsh but migut be less forward about it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    It's called football rivalry
    England are Scotland's closest rivals.
    We aren't your rivals as basically aren't a football power but Germany or Argentina would be your rivals and you would likely support any team playing them.

Liverpool fans would support any team playing Man Utd and vice versa.

It's just your match commentators.

Did you hear the vomit inducing crap asking you to remember where you were at this time? They've reached the final of a football tournament not landed on Mars.

For the record, thought you guys played well tonight and despite a dodgy penalty, deserved the win.
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperStripes View Post
    This. If England were out but Wales/Scotland we’re still in I would be cheering them on over whoever they were playing. But the Scots / Welsh will be supporting Italy on Sunday night.

Quote Originally Posted by Velvetsnow View Post
    It's just your match commentators.

Did you hear the vomit inducing crap asking you to remember where you were at this time? They've reached the final of a football tournament not landed on Mars.

For the record, thought you guys played well tonight and despite a dodgy penalty, deserved the win.
    Yep I was a bit embarrassed by that. We've got to a final by way of a favorable draw. We've won nothing yet. It's good but it doesn't warrant that.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Different around here.

You’ll always get permission round my way. I can think of 2 within half a mile - and there weren’t many bungalows to start off with!

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    You’ll always get permission round my way. I can think of 2 within half a mile - and there weren’t many bungalows to start off with!
    A former colleague of mine did this.

I think he had 6 children or something (well, it always seemed that way) and his wife was left a bungalow which they converted by way of a prefabricated upper storey and roof into a house.

It was an interesting project and far cheaper, he said, than a traditional conversion, although I guess the upper storey must have been timber and mostly stud partition walls.

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by Jdh1 View Post
    Yep I was a bit embarrassed by that. We've got to a final by way of a favorable draw. We've won nothing yet. It's good but it doesn't warrant that.
    Commentators were exactly the same when Wales beat Turkey and qualified for the next round.

Master
    Holby City. The staff are more ill than the patients.

Why "spotted dick" isn't on the menu anywhere these days. Would love a portion for dessert/afters/pudding/general gluttony
    One of my favourite puds

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    It's called football rivalry
    England are Scotland's closest rivals.
    We aren't your rivals as basically aren't a football power but Germany or Argentina would be your rivals and you would likely support any team playing them.
    To be honest booing opponents' national anthems, laughing at crying children and aiming lasers at goalkeepers hardly endears us to the rest of the world. It makes me cringe

Master
    Quite, makes me very ashamed on behalf of my country of origin.
    Despicable behaviour.

Sent from my Nokia 3.1 using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    What I’ll never understand:

- Chelsea Tractors
    - People who speed in average speed limit zones
    - People who bomb past you in torrential rain when you can barely see where you’re going at 50mph
    - The youth of today (and I’m only 31)
    - Fast fashion
    - The appeal of Mercedes cars
    - How my hangover tolerance levels differ (sometimes a 4 pint hangover is worse than an 8 pinter...)
    - The appeal of Breitling, Hublot and PP
    - Just how lethal lady petrol can be when they congregate in large groups

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post
    Why do people name watches with names like Batman Pepsi Kermit Hulk...ffs you are grown men.

Men, definitely. Grown? Hm? Maybe, maybe not.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Halitosis View Post
    To be honest booing opponents' national anthems, laughing at crying children and aiming lasers at goalkeepers hardly endears us to the rest of the world. It makes me cringe
    This is shocking - a very small minority but utter scum:

Euro 2020: Danish family attacked by England fans https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-57779541

Craftsman

Things you'll never understand

Why plenty of hair grows out of my cheeks; ears; lips and nose but so little grows where I want it on my head.

Related to this; how to shave the Adam’s apple

I am Scottish but will be supporting England on Sunday. I have lived here for 16 years though!!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using TZ-UK mobile app

I should add, one of the reasons I will never live in Scotland now....'national pride' which is effectively racisim...and basically directed south of the border! An inferiority complex which is embarrassing and as for the SNP...don't get me started ;).

SEINFELD

Tried many a time, it simply isn’t funny. I think it’s the characters/actors I dislike, rather than the script.

Very odd, as Curb is outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by kozza6 View Post
    I should add, one of the reasons I will never live in Scotland now....'national pride' which is effectively racisim...and basically directed south of the border! An inferiority complex which is embarrassing and as for the SNP...don't get me started ;).

You appear to have tarred the entire populace with your view...............

But hey - if we are as repugnant as you appear to indicate............. feel free to never visit, never mind live here.

There - sorted!

Master
    The Big Bang Theory. So many people pretend to like it? Why?

I should have added, a minority but quite a vocal one.
    I will still visit Scotland...thank you :).

Master

I'm sure you are sadly missed.
    Certainly some embarrassing anti-English sentiment at times of that there is no doubt but certainly not such an issue that it would have an affect on where I live.
    There seems to be plenty of English nationals who live in Scotland(especially Edinburgh ) that have no issues living in Scotland.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post
    The Big Bang Theory. So many people pretend to like it? Why?
    Absolutely! Completely lost on me and I like my comedies! The awful laughter track is so obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    I'm sure you are sadly missed.
    Certainly some embarrassing anti-English sentiment at times of that there is no doubt but certainly not such an issue that it would have an affect on where I live.
    There seems to be plenty of English nationals who live in Scotland(especially Edinburgh ) that have no issues living in Scotland.
    Please see my earlier post...I am not suggesting it is in the majority. Just possibly a myopic view of a insular minority. No need to attack another Scot..simply my opinion. Yours is equally valid. Of the two Scots that have replied, both have suggested I should not return or should not be made to feel welcome. I find that a little bit sad really. Still, many things I love about my country...this aspect of Scotland is simply something I do not like. Let's call it quits now. Not interested in discussing politics. As I said, I hope England win on Sunday. Thanks.

Please see my earlier post...I am not suggesting it is in the majority. Just possibly a myopic view of a insular minority. No need to attack another Scot..simply my opinion. Yours is equally valid. Of the two Scots that have replied, both have suggested I should not return or should not be made to feel welcome. I find that a little bit sad really. Still, many things I love about my country...this aspect of Scotland is simply something I do not like. Let's call it quits now. Not interested in discussing politics. As I said, I hope England win on Sunday. Thanks.

You tarred the entire country with your view - now you're giving it all 'butt-hurt'.

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    SEINFELD

Tried many a time, it simply isn’t funny. I think it’s the characters/actors I dislike, rather than the script.

Same. I've tried it a few times but it just doesn't work for me.

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

Why a bunch of blokes who appear on the face of it to be from this country are pontificating about the validity of a penalty, not just any penalty but a penalty that puts us through to a final.....a fing final!

Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    Why a bunch of blokes who appear on the face of it to be from this country are pontificating about the validity of a penalty, not just any penalty but a penalty that puts us through to a final.....a fing final!
    As long as we won I suppose.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    SEINFELD

It’s weird how comedy is so personal. I love Seinfeld. The fashions date it rather but I must have watched every episode a dozen times over the years and still chuckle like a crazy person.

I really should try Curb Your Enthusiasm as Larry David was clearly a big part of the success of Seinfeld.

Interesting you say “I think it’s the characters/actors I dislike”. Someone once contrasted with the “loveable” characters from Friends (which I confess I’ve never seen). When you get under the skin of the Seinfeld characters they are actually quite superficial, self centred, scheming and (some of them) deluded. So basically, not very nice people. But, playing the sociologist, they hold a mirror up to our own worst behaviours. And, if that hasn’t overanalysed, that is where much of the humour comes from.
    Last edited by David_D; 10th July 2021 at 15:51.

Master
    American 'comedy' shows/soaps in general leave me cold and perplexed. I think the last ones I actually enjoyed were Mork and Mindy and Happy days, although Episodes was funny-ish probably due to the Eenglish contingent and I like Better Things, also made better by Celia Imrie. US films can be hilarious but their interminable soaps are.......interminable.
    Everybody Loves Raymond, so? Baby Daddy, who cares? They're just statements with lots of unfunny ironic characters quoting scripted unfunny lines to canned laughter.

Master
    Mrs Browns Boys - my dad thinks it’s hilarious. I think it’s the worst comedy show I’ve ever had the misfortune to turn over to.

Short trousers! How all of a sudden it’s fashionable to wear trousers that are about two inches too short.

Seinfeld was for me a slow starter and did not enjoy it. But I stuck with it and the later episodes/series improved. I have watched them many times over. I liked the episode when Elaine announces to Jerry she faked it.

Curb is on another level. Larry's acting when he found out his girlfriend has cancer was so bad, it was hilariously funny.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Mrs Browns Boys - my dad thinks it’s hilarious. I think it’s the worst comedy show I’ve ever had the misfortune to turn over to.
    I'd agree with that. Infantile, slapstick, uneducated nonsense. After two minutes of the first episode I knew it wasn't for anyone with a modicum of education - never will I waste my time on it again. It's just garbage.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Filterlab View Post
    I'd agree with that. Infantile, slapstick, uneducated nonsense. After two minutes of the first episode I knew it wasn't for anyone with a modicum of education - never will I waste my time on it again. It's just garbage.
    Yep, so crap it could be from US

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post
    Yep, so crap it could be from US
    Absolute shite, my mum loves it!

Birth year watches, why stop at watches, what's wrong with "birth year" trousers, shoes, televisions, frying pans, garden furniture, toothbrushes...
    Last edited by number2; 10th July 2021 at 18:46.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

People who enter the cinema 1 minute before the film starts (but 20 mins after the scheduled start so they missed the adverts and trailers) and then proceed to their pre-booked seats in the MIDDLE of the row meaning everyone has to get up for them just at the moment that they have gotten most comfortable, put their coats away etc.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Why Metrobank staff make you wait for 25 minutes before seeing you even when you're the only person there and 5 of them are all talking about where they're going for lunch, the euros, and what they've got on after work.

Doesn't matter when you go in or even which branch, they're all the same.

Why Metrobank staff make you wait for 25 minutes before seeing you even when you're the only person there and 5 of them are all talking about where they're going for lunch, the euros, and what they've got on after work.

Doesn't matter when you go in or even which branch, they're all the same.
    Lousy service, I’d change banks.