closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 17 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Things you'll never understand

Master
    Blog Entries
    I regularly park next to cars which are not parked in the middle of their bay. I just park in the middle of the empty bay - if that means the other driver will have to breathe in deeply and squeeze themselves in to their car so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    I regularly park next to cars which are not parked in the middle of their bay. I just park in the middle of the empty bay - if that means the other driver will have to breathe in deeply and squeeze themselves in to their car so be it.
    What if the other driver then decides rather than breathe in they will just ding your car while getting in theirs?

Genuine question I just don’t get the logic why risk your own car to get one over a complete stranger?

I personally avoid people who park badly in bays for this very reason, I assume they are either inconsiderate to others or nervous when parking either way why put my own car at risk?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Another food related one (can't work out why I am so overweight....). Why is it that in Indian Restaurants they give you knives and forks as cutlery? Surely it should be a spoon and fork like in oriental restaurants (chopsticks usually for noodles but can be used for rice from a small bowl). It isn't exactly easy to eat rice with a fork.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    I always ask for a spoon and they always bring one without any fuss. Strangely enough every decent restaurant in India provides a knife and a spoon so then it's your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    Strangely enough every decent restaurant in India provides a knife and a spoon so then it's your choice.
    #mickmakingstuffupasusual
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    What if the other driver then decides rather than breathe in they will just ding your car while getting in theirs?

Genuine question I just don’t get the logic why risk your own car to get one over a complete stranger?

I personally avoid people who park badly in bays for this very reason, I assume they are either inconsiderate to others or nervous when parking either way why put my own car at risk?
    If other bays are available then I will always go to a 'safe' bay, however certainly throughout the holiday periods parking can be hard to find. If I really wanted to get one over another driver I would park close up to their car, it's just a case of I park in the centre of my bay but that often causes the other driver problems (of their own making may I suggest?)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    #mickmakingstuffupasusual
    I spent a couple of weeks out there on holiday and obviously had to eat in restaurants.

Master
    MickP

Master
    People who drive over kerbs at speed, on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by tixntox View Post
    People who drive over kerbs at speed, on purpose.
    Formula One (or any racing) drivers?

I spent a couple of weeks out there on holiday and obviously had to eat in restaurants.
    Q.E.D.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Formula One (or any racing) drivers?
    More usually, illegal parkers! They then wonder why their tyres develop "eggs" and wheel wobbles!

Master
    I always ask for a spoon and they always bring one without any fuss. Strangely enough every decent restaurant in India provides a knife and a spoon so then it's your choice.
    Best meal I’ve ever had in India was served on a banana leaf with no cutlery. Maybe the spoons were out being silver plated.

I thought Indian restraunts provided you with a roti to eat with.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I worked Bombay high for a while, ate in a few resteraunts, can't even remember what cutlery was provided........ I blame the beedies.

Many years ago I visited the Golden Temple in Amritsar, India where thousands of meals are cooked and served each day by volunteers.

Sitting on the floor in the dining hall, the speed at which the blessed food is served is unbelievable. Hundreds are served at a time and in what seems like only a few minutes.

The roti and daal was served on a steel tray. Where is the spoon I wonder to myself. The roti and daal appeared like a basic roti and daal, no fancy trimmings or accompaniments. The taste was truly amazing. Totally unmatched.

A spoon was not required as the roti was sufficient to finish the daal entirely.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    There were two.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408 View Post
    I worked Bombay high for a while, ate in a few resteraunts, can't even remember what cutlery was provided........ I blame the beedies.
    I was like that in the early 90s.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Blog Entries
    Pep Guardiola's team selections ...

z

Master
    Why you would put the words fun and run together. Fell walking I can understand, but not fell running!

Why is it called a 'near miss'.........when really it's a 'near hit'

Master
    Seats in ‘stands’.

Craftsman
    Why spiders live in wing mirrors
    Drives me nuts

Sent from my SM-G960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Peter franks View Post
    Why spiders live in wing mirrors
    Drives me nuts

Sent from my SM-G960F using TZ-UK mobile app
    Agreed. They also like to inhabit the rear number plate light overhang!

Grand Master
    Why people wear baseball caps or woolly hats in a gym! What’s that all about?

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Keeps the sweat out of your eyes if you haven’t got much hair. Cotton/lycra fitted cap works better than wool.

Usually only see that on two types in the gym

Bros who lift but skip leg day

Girls with pig tails and more foundation than the tower block I was raised in.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by alfat33 View Post
    Keeps the sweat out of your eyes if you haven’t got much hair. Cotton/lycra fitted cap works better than wool.
    The ones I see aren’t exactly busting a gut!

The ones I see aren’t exactly busting a gut!
    Sometimes the less effort, the more money spent on gear.

Self appointed road police who insist on putting their hazard lights on at the first sign of a traffic queue

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Self appointed road police who insist on putting their hazard lights on at the first sign of a traffic queue
    I do that simply, because I don’t want to get rear ended by some idiot not paying attention. As soon as I have a car behind me I turn them off. Hardly self appointed road police - they are called hazard lights for a reason.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    I do that simply, because I don’t want to get rear ended by some idiot not paying attention. As soon as I have a car behind me I turn them off. Hardly self appointed road police - they are called hazard lights for a reason.
    It’s not a hazard though.
    It’s a queue .
    Should I put them on every time I approach traffic lights ?
    If someone rear ends you because you didn’t have your indicators on , they’d have rear ended you anyway .

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    Thought you were only supposed to use them on a motorway if you’ve stopped quickly?

They are triggered automatically on modern cars on hard braking - emergency stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcam View Post
    They are triggered automatically on modern cars on hard braking - emergency stop.
    Really ?
    Every days a school day .

I put on my hazards on the motorway when I see the traffic ahead at crawling pace or stopped. It at least warns the driver behind that I have not suddenly decided to dawdle after cruising at ahem 70 mph.

Master
    Think have had cars with a flashing brake light in those situations. Not sure about flashing hazards though?

Nothing wrong with that, particularly
    on a motorway. I do that myself.

Another one I really struggle to understand, why this Plymouth killer had his gun licence and gun withdrawn last year after an incident and was given it back this July to go on and murder.
    Where are the brains of these people in authority? Why did he need a pump action shotgun in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    Nothing wrong with that, particularly
    on a motorway. I do that myself.
    Yup, just checked the Highway Code and it agrees with you .
    Still ,like many things on UK roads, it’s something Ill never understand .

Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Think have had cars with a flashing brake light in those situations. Not sure about flashing hazards though?
    In BMWs if you slam the breaks on hard enough the hazard lights turn on automatically. It adds to the shame after you nearly crash.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Another one I really struggle to understand, why this Plymouth killer had his gun licence and gun withdrawn last year after an incident and was given it back this July to go on and murder.
    Where are the brains of these people in authority? Why did he need a pump action shotgun in the first place?
    What's the type of shotgun got to do with anything Rod, ?

These people in authority w/o brains are, of course, the police.

I am guessing that there was no case to answer with the incident reported, if he has not committed a crime / been found guilty / charged he would have been entitled to have his certificate and shotgun returned. (Patterns of behaviour should be considered though)
    If there had not been any indication that his mental health was suffering or he was unstable there would be no reason to take the shotgun off him.
    It’s a tragic incident and he clearly should not have been in possession of the shotgun.
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 14th August 2021 at 09:13.

Craftsman
    Little compasses on watch straps.

Craftsman
    Watching the cricket and the commentators say
    "he's bowled a heavy ball".
    I always thought they were the same weight.

Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408 View Post
    What's the type of shotgun got to do with anything Rod, ?
    As of yet, the police haven't confirmed that it was a 'pump action shotgun', that is what it ws described as by witnesses. The perception of a pump action shotgun is that it is shotgun capable of firing off multiple rounds quickly (I'm guessing here, Mike) and thus better suited to causing more carnage than a single or double barreled gun?

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    More for the fact Ralphy a semi auto will cycle rounds quicker than a pump, so for me type used is irrelevant.

It’s not a hazard though.
    It’s a queue .
    Should I put them on every time I approach traffic lights ?
    If someone rear ends you because you didn’t have your indicators on , they’d have rear ended you anyway .
    it can be a hazard if you are on a stretch of road with limited visibility (lots of bends) , 60 mph speed limits, no junctions, solid white lines, no traffic lights and where you are not expected cars to be stopped. For example a tractor/car has broken down. Wildlife is on the road, a tree has fallen down, etc, etc.

No, not really necessary for traffic lights, unless they are temporary lights because of road works and might not be visible to others behind you because you are driving a truck.

But if you think that people will hit you regardless of whether or not you have hazard lights on, then why do manufacturers fit them and why are there functionality tested as part of the MOT. Maybe these folks know something you don’t.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Was it a pump or a semi automatic? Either way they can be used for exactly the same purposes as a normal shotgun. Some people actually prefer semi/pumps for some applications because they are much lighter than a double barrel shot gun. Also a pump/semi will hold 3 rounds as apposed to 2 rounds in a double barrel. There weight and the extra round make them ideal for rough shooting.

As for why he had one and why it was removed and then returned, I no idea. However as a shotgun licence holder myself, it’s not an easy thing to get and includes getting references, vetting, a police visit, having the right gun safe for the gun and ammo, plus you then have to renew it every 5 years. It’s more difficult than getting a driving licence or a passport.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    Thought you were only supposed to use them on a motorway if you’ve stopped quickly?
    I thought they were for parking on double yellows?