closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 50 of 57 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,500 of 2841

Thread: Things you'll never understand

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mrushton View Post
    At the self scan, packing the bag with one hand because your phone is in the other hand.
    Think there should be an IQ test ahead of these self scan machines tbh, people drive me insane watching them struggle.

Although every time I'm using a Waitrose tote and add it to the packing area as requested, I get told to remove it from the bagging area, requiring me to scan, dump in bagging area and then hastily pack as my payment processes.

Things you'll never understand

Wrong thread
    Last edited by Jon Kenney; 27th May 2023 at 02:41.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by prexelor View Post
    I have had beer in the fridge since December and thought I better check the best before date. I look at the label which said to look at the neck for the best before date. I must have turned the bottle twenty times and eventually found it. Why not just print it on the label?
    Because bottlers often handle many brands with different labels, and with different labels for different regions. As the bottle comes through the production line it's easier to print it on the bottle on the day of manufacture than try and match up batches of labels to dates and brands.

The labels may also be printed in vast batches off site, as paper dust and a bottling plant don't marry well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Think there should be an IQ test ahead of these self scan machines tbh, people drive me insane watching them struggle.

Although every time I'm using a Waitrose tote and add it to the packing area as requested, I get told to remove it from the bagging area, requiring me to scan, dump in bagging area and then hastily pack as my payment processes.
    Same for airport security. I wonder how some of these dullards even get to the airport

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by subseastu View Post
    Same for airport security. I wonder how some of these dullards even get to the airport

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
    Amen to that, yes completely agree.

Luton seems the worst for it, I dread any flight from there which luckily is a rare thing. It just seems full of people who have never been to an airport before.

Master
    How badly people must be at cooking a meat burger if they believe the plant ones are just as good.

How badly people must be at cooking a meat burger if they believe the plant ones are just as good.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master

And how ignorant vegans can be when they fail to notice the high additives content of their chosen ultra-processed meat substitute burgers.
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sundial View Post
    And how ignorant vegans can be when they fail to notice the high additives content of their chosen ultra-processed meat substitute burgers.
    I was amazed when I read the back of pack. I was trying plant based as thought it would be healthier as an alternative.

This is an edited screen shot from a FB ad that popped up in my feed earlier this morning. It's for a well known laptop/PC manufacturer with the gist behind the advert being that portable laptops allow you to work anywhere and at any time in order to create productive freedom.

Anyone else ever feel as if they have to be productive not before or after climbing the stairs but the actual moment you're doing so? And carry a mug of whatever at the same time so that you can't hold the handrail?

I'd say the H&S team at my place of work would have an eppi if they saw me doing that though the number of 'phone zombies doing so already proves me otherwise...

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
    Last edited by CardShark; 1st June 2023 at 10:32.

Quote Originally Posted by CardShark View Post
    This is an edited screen shot from a FB ad that popped up in my feed earlier this morning. It's for a well known laptop/PC manufacturer with the gist behind the advert being that portable laptops allow you to work anywhere and at any time in order to create productive freedom.

Anyone else ever feel as if they have to be productive not before or after climbing the stairs but the actual moment you're doing so? And carry a mug of whatever at the same time so that you can't hold the handrail?

I'd say the H&S team at my place of work would have an eppi if they saw me doing that though the number of 'phone zombies doing so already proves me otherwise...

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Might he be looking at grot, heading somewhere secluded with a nice cup of coffee...haha obvs not what the laptop manufacturer intended.

Master
    Surely that's just a next-gen phone zombie.

That quite common in my office. Usually with the charger still plugged in and trailing along behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Filterlab View Post
    Because bottlers often handle many brands with different labels, and with different labels for different regions. As the bottle comes through the production line it's easier to print it on the bottle on the day of manufacture than try and match up batches of labels to dates and brands.
    It's the only way, print the bb date with a domino inkjet printer the minute the bottles clear the labeling machine and are dried. It usually gets printed on the glass because it's pretty much impossible to orient the bottle on a moving conveyor so that the label is in the correct place for the print head. Brown bottles are the worst to read the date on as the code is printed with black dots.

Master
    ^ I have just remembered your industry prior to watches based on that post!

Master
    How have I just eaten a whole tub of ice cream?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wimm View Post
    How have I just eaten a whole tub of ice cream?
    By not stopping half way through?

Why the 'Unstartable' thread was locked - can't see anything especially contentious.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Why the 'Unstartable' thread was locked - can't see anything especially contentious.
    Because one muppet decided the thread was his to own.
    Last edited by Possu; 3rd June 2023 at 18:06. Reason: Whoops, G&D

Why people follow F1 so avidly, what a boring event it is to watch...

Local Spar, pack of 4 four finger KitKats £1.50, pack of 3 £1.99. Hmmm....which shall I buy?

I've never understood why aliens only ever seem to make crop circles in countries where farmers can afford to mess about with their crops and never in poor countries.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    I've never understood why aliens only ever seem to make crop circles in countries where farmers can afford to mess about with their crops and never in poor countries.
    Their social conscience.

You think it’s the farmers messing with their own crops? Have you ever met a farmer??!?

Master
    Because they don't exist and it's all made up?

The 'Five a day' advice; it's several years out of date but we're still bombarded with it. THIRTY plus per week is the new '5 a day'
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00b8tch

Sent through the ether by diddling with radio waves

Because they are too busy going back in time and building the pyramids in Egypt, South America and Indonesia. Sinking Atlantis and being observed having laser wars in the sky by ancient Hindus and Buddhists.

Stone Island clobber.
    Why does something that looks like a £9.99 chavvy hoodie from Matalan have a price tag of five hundred quid?

So I'm looking to buy a particular item of clothing and knowing that the retail store I last bought it from has since closed down I Googled it and a list of potential retailers pops up as you'd expect.

Why is it then that the first two don't even sell the brand, let alone that particular item? Not the first time something like this has happened, either.

Quote Originally Posted by E_2_Right-Force View Post
    Stone Island clobber.
    Why does something that looks like a £9.99 chavvy hoodie from Matalan have a price tag of five hundred quid?
    You know that brand label at the top of the arm? I just know I'd snag that somehow within 5mins of wearing anything of theirs.

So I'm looking to buy a particular item of clothing and knowing that the retail store I last bought it from has since closed down I Googled it and a list of potential retailers pops up as you'd expect.

Why is it then that the first two don't even sell the brand, let alone that particular item? Not the first time something like this has happened, either.
    Because they have a devious SEO exec.

Master
    Blog Entries
    How asking advice about a tradesman can go South so quickly…

Blog Entries
    Why the guys doing my patio and garden assume they can use my garden hose and watering cans and cover them in sand and cement? I don't remember them being in the quote.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

looks like this thread is heading south likewise..........................

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    How asking advice about a tradesman can go South so quickly…
    Anger management.

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Why the guys doing my patio and garden assume they can use my garden hose and watering cans and cover them in sand and cement? I don't remember them being in the quote.
    Just pay the bill and ask them to rectify after, otherwise you will get a CCJ without anyone breaking a sweat.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Possu View Post
    Anger management.

Just pay the bill and ask them to rectify after, otherwise you will get a CCJ without anyone breaking a sweat.
    Ah yes! Perhaps I should ask them if they need any other tools just in case. :-)

Ah yes! Perhaps I should ask them if they need any other tools just in case. :-)
    Who do you have in mind?

Mr. D could be at your express disposal there...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Who do you have in mind?
    Suwe, Grabbet and Runne perhaps?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    Mr. D could be at your express disposal there...
    Oh deary me sweetheart , this is what I get for rejecting your advances , toughen up plenty more fish in the sea.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
    Oh deary me sweetheart , this is what I get for rejecting your advances , toughen up plenty more fish in the sea.
    On the lookout for some decent proper Cods Head.......not some rank stinking' Scottish old trout....

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    On the lookout for some decent proper Cods Head.......not some rank stinking' Scottish old trout....
    You do you girl

Blog Entries
    Is this an awkward silence?

Is this an awkward silence?
    No. It’s awe.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    Why people follow F1 so avidly, what a boring event it is to watch...
    Because it's not just about the actual race, you need to know the characters at play, the strategies both short for that race and long for the season/next season, the politics, who qualified out of normal position and is trying alternative strategies to make it through the field, the weather impacts on strategy especially if rain is expected but track starts dry or vice versa etc etc.

I'm sure it's the same for Test Cricket - 5 days or single day matches, and then it rains so it's a draw! I don't follow cricket at all but millions find it enjoyable, same for Golf, American Football and so on.

Guess you've got to immerse yourself in the sports to get the enjoyment out of them.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ichaice View Post
    How people who post thousands upon thousands of posts on forums (often repeating themselves) find the time to get anything done in the real world.
    Indeed.

Indeed.

Indeed.

Right, must get back to work.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Multitaskers?

Victoria Plumb and Victoria Plumbing are two different companies? So are Grohe and Hansgrohe?