closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 23 of 57 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,150 of 2841

Thread: Things you'll never understand

People who have the contact details on their signature in a picture so you can't click their email address, click to call, or even copy/paste their number into your phone.

Master
    Why,why they run the same foul adverts over and over and over and................until you're so utterly peeesed offf hearing the interminable merde you would rather starve and die than buy their stinking product.

Master
    People who see a parking bay for 2 vehicles and think “Do you know what, if I park slap bang in the middle, no-one else will be able to park here.”

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    People who see a parking bay for 2 vehicles and think “Do you know what, if I park slap bang in the middle, no-one else will be able to park here.”
    I suspect this has a causal relationship with the people who see an almost empty car park and think “I know I’ll go and park 2 inches away from the driver’s side of that car on its own over there … it looks lonely …”

Master
    Why they put subtitles at the bottom of the screen to say there are no subtitles.

That muppet who sprinkles salt.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    Haha every time I see him sprinkle salt on a post, I have an awful desire to beat him with the blunt end of a knife.

Perhaps jealousy as he has earned more money by sprinkling salt like a politically incorrect comment, than I have in my entire career.

Does he even cook, or is just the seasoning person?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    I can't tell you how much this winds me up. And people who eat gold food should be shot.

Been a couple of times over in Bodrum. Used to be great but too much showboating these days.

Great food and used to cost about £30-£40 each exc alcohol inc desert. Every year they have a new menu with new pricing.

Doubt I'd go again.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post
    Why,why they run the same foul adverts over and over and over and................until you're so utterly peeesed offf hearing the interminable merde you would rather starve and die than buy their stinking product.
    People living in the 90's. Other methods of viewing TV are now available.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Been a couple of times over in Bodrum. Used to be great but too much showboating these days.

Great food and used to cost about £30-£40 each exc alcohol inc desert. Every year they have a new menu with new pricing.

Doubt I'd go again.
    Bodrums a dump has been for years. Places like Selcuk are much nicer.

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Bodrums a dump has been for years. Places like Selcuk are much nicer.
    Possibly, but Nusr-et is in Yalikavak which is billionaire town. Every boat is worth more than nice a London house and many are worth more than a London street. Lovely place in my experience.

Saying Bodrum is a dump is a bit like saying London is a dump but you've only stayed in Edmonton and don't know Hampstead exists.

Possibly, but Nusr-et is in Yalikavak which is billionaire town. Every boat is worth more than nice a London house and many are worth more than a London street. Lovely place in my experience.

Saying Bodrum is a dump is a bit like saying London is a dump but you've only stayed in Edmonton and don't know Hampstead exists.
    Perhaps just a different perspective, I could go to any marina to look at nice boats the Gulf for example has tons of nice boats but also has all the charm of a warehouse it offers nothing. Selcuk has quiet streets, open air concerts in the summer, a nice cycle route to a lovely quiet beach, huge open air museum much prefer that to the Turkish Blackpool.

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Perhaps just a different perspective, I could go to any marina to look at nice boats the Gulf for example has tons of nice boats but also has all the charm of a warehouse it offers nothing. Selcuk has quiet streets, open air concerts in the summer, a nice cycle route to a lovely quiet beach, huge open air museum much prefer that to the Turkish Blackpool.
    Different strokes. One man's "grail" is another man's tacky wrist bauble.

Different strokes. One man's "grail" is another man's tacky wrist bauble.
    Indeed but the further north up the Aegean you go the far more charming it is. Ayvalik is another lovely little place (Think someone elsewhere mentioned fresh olives)

Master

For many posts now, it seems we are both very similar in our lives & enjoyments / opinions outside of watches; very weird to see a lot of posts that look like I could have written them!

Stay well my TZ doppelgänger!

Blog Entries
    Is an alien xenomorph about to burst out of the middle of that?

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    For many posts now, it seems we are both very similar in our lives & enjoyments / opinions outside of watches; very weird to see a lot of posts that look like I could have written them!

Stay well my TZ doppelgänger!
    Haha one of these days we'll have to go to a meet up or have a coffee. Would be fun.

Master
    Why we don't have a vote to choose a prime minister.

Master
    Haha one of these days we'll have to go to a meet up or have a coffee. Would be fun.
    Sounds like a plan!

On another note, how do trade folk ‘be with you first thing in the morning’ end up arriving at 10am having jiggled meetings around to chat with them given their 1st day for this trade on site.

Equally how are they so well tuned to my diary that being silent as a mouse they have just started with power tools as I’m about to present to 300 people.

And finally, only based on the 3 trades so far that have visited, why does one always have to snigger like beavis?

Master
    I'll never understand how people can call rolls, cakes, barms and christ knows what else.
    Bread roll!

Quote Originally Posted by uktotty View Post
    I'll never understand how people can call rolls, cakes, barms and christ knows what else.
    Bread roll!
    It's a bun

Bread roll!
    Cob, end of

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by r.dawson View Post
    It's a bun
    Agreed, I’d call it a bread bun.

Master
    Bread roll!
    Teacake. And no, teacake doesn’t have currants in. That would be a currant teacake.

Master
    Why we should care who is going to be the next
    James
    Boooooonnnnd
    Yaaawwwnnn!

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

Teacake. And no, teacake doesn’t have currants in. That would be a currant teacake.
    One variant has currants in, the other one has marshmallow in.
    A bread roll is not either of those things!

People who eat Ryvita

Master
    Why is hardly anyone wearing a face mask in the UK when out shopping and using public transport etc against a background of covid rates going through the roof.

I am currently in Spain and come under the Mojacar area which has according to the local authority, the lowest covid rate in Europe. Despite this everyone here still wears a mask when outside, even in the streets and open air markets. People will angrily shout at anyone not wearing a mask.

It's got nothing to do with what you are being told to do by the government, it's about good old fashioned common sense. If rates rise you wear a mask and social distance because it works.

My wife and I are soon compelled to return to the UK because of the Brexit 90 day rule and we are worried about becoming infected and as such we probably won't leave the house.

The UK seems to be in a state of covid denial.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    Why is hardly anyone wearing a face mask in the UK when out shopping and using public transport etc against a background of covid rates going through the roof.

I am currently in Spain and come under the Mojacar area which has according to the local authority, the lowest covid rate in Europe. Despite this everyone here still wears a mask when outside, even in the streets and open air markets. People will angrily shout at anyone not wearing a mask.

My wife and I are soon compelled to return to the UK because of the Brexit 90 day rule and we are worried about becoming infected and as such we probably won't leave the house.

The UK seems to be in a state of covid denial.
    The rules of the G&D forbid me from saying what I think, but the root of the problem remains the same.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Why warning hazzard lights trump double yellow lines.

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    The rules of the G&D forbid me from saying what I think, but the root of the problem remains the same.
    Anything about a leopard?
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master
    Toilet roll embossed with the image of a Labrador or a Koala.

I have never thought the efficacy of the toilet experience would be enhanced by the image of a dog or a marsupial.

Thin toilet paper. False economy as you have to use 2-3x more. One rip and your day is ruined.

How my wife seems to use 80 sheets per visit to the toilet. No idea what the hell she is doing with it.

The tracing paper toilet sheets from my school days still makes me wince. Should have been illegal.

Thin toilet paper. False economy as you have to use 2-3x more. One rip and your day is ruined.

How my wife seems to use 80 sheets per visit to the toilet. No idea what the hell she is doing with it.

The tracing paper toilet sheets from my school days still makes me wince. Should have been illegal.
    You're talking Izal. I never understood it because never has a material being more inappropriate or ineffective, for its purpose. There was a reason for it though; why schools and commercial organisations bought it. It's because it's so bad that nobody would ever steal it. That is the genuine reason for Izal.

'John Wayne' toilet paper
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    Why is hardly anyone wearing a face mask in the UK when out shopping and using public transport etc against a background of covid rates going through the roof...
    I suggest that what you're seeing from your Spanish castle doesn't actually reflect what's happening in the UK.

For example: each of the four countries issues their own guidance advice about mask-wearing. England appears to have the gratest laxity, despite case numbers. I'd expect that the media you see in Spain is heavily-biased towards showing English (as opposed to Welsh/Scottish/N.Irish) content, even on the BBC or Sky. Therefore, you see 'England' & think 'UK' when that's not necessarily the case.

In my corner of Scotland, from observation, I'd say mask-wearing in shops is over 80%. That's not, 'hardly anyone', is it? Of the remainder, some wear their 'Mask-Exempt' lanyards & some don't bother.
    ______

​Jim.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

The Cheeky Panda toilet roll will change your life for the better. Trust me. You can get it on amazon.

Master

Things you'll never understand

My toaster, why does it insist on toasting just one side of the bread. Yes, I know I can fix it.

Clowns - just why?

Flat fish - if it’s that difficult to get meat off nature didn’t intend for us to eat it.

Irish dancing - knees are not supposed to do that and move your arms FFS

Tapatalk and it’s inability to support punctuation.

Tapatalk and it’s upgrade to the premium version message - why upgrade if the basic version is flakey?

Earwigs - where did they all go?

I’m new to this thread, but finding it very cathartic.
    Last edited by joe narvey; 21st October 2021 at 12:18.

Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post

Irish dancing - knees are not supposed to do that ANS move your arms FFS
    This may explain it.... ;)

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    This may explain it.... ;)

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk
    So pleased it’s not just me that thinks it’s stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post
    So pleased it’s not just me that thinks it’s stupid.
    Being of Paddy descent I was dragged (under threat of a hiding) to Irish dancing as a little kid. All my cousins did it so my grandmother decided I would to (only boy in the family).
    I walked in the door said “why is that lad wearing a skirt, there is no way I am doing that” i got dragged out of the dance studio and received a thick ear for being rude. Didn’t dance though…
    Hated it ever since, Daft hobby.
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 21st October 2021 at 12:38.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    Being of Paddy heritage I was dragged (under threat of a hiding) to Irish dancing as a little kid. All my cousins did it so my grandmother decided I would to (only boy in the family).
    I walked in the door said “why is that lad wearing a skirt, there is no way I am doing that”
    Daft hobby.
    It’s terrifying. Michael Flatley is the devil and the whole things should be banned.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    The Cheeky Panda toilet roll will change your life for the better. Trust me. You can get it on amazon.
    Bamboo. Splinters?
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Bamboo. Splinters?
    Nope, incredibly soft and no splinters.

Craftsman
    Hooray!!! Somebody from my neck of the woods obviously. I was raised in Ossett.
    I've got used to Cob because I've lived in Nottingham for more than 20 years. But I still think its a tea cake

Master

I joined a top FMCG company a few years ago & was horrified to find they had the pink cheap stuff. This was a global multi-billion dollar chocolate company.

Used to take my own tissues to use, thought the carrying of a bog roll past the directors desks would set a poor opinion of myself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jwg663 View Post
    I suggest that what you're seeing from your Spanish castle doesn't actually reflect what's happening in the UK.

For example: each of the four countries issues their own guidance advice about mask-wearing. England appears to have the gratest laxity, despite case numbers. I'd expect that the media you see in Spain is heavily-biased towards showing English (as opposed to Welsh/Scottish/N.Irish) content, even on the BBC or Sky. Therefore, you see 'England' & think 'UK' when that's not necessarily the case.

In my corner of Scotland, from observation, I'd say mask-wearing in shops is over 80%. That's not, 'hardly anyone', is it? Of the remainder, some wear their 'Mask-Exempt' lanyards & some don't bother.
    My point is simple, with the way the covid rates are rising, you must be plain bloody thick/selfish not to wear a mask. You don't need a government to do that. Isn't is reasonable expect 100% of the population to wear one or is that asking too much?

Quote Originally Posted by barreti View Post
    I've got used to Cob because I've lived in Nottingham for more than 20 years. But I still think its a tea cake
    Isn't that a breadcake?
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by barreti View Post
    And of course, a cob on is a bad mood!