closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 6 of 57 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: Things you'll never understand

Why do farmers insist on putting the gate to their fields at the muddiest corner near the road?

Journeyman
    Car drivers that don't have halogen or xenon driving lights that drive with their front fog lights on with their main lights.
    Last edited by Jonnyv; 28th June 2021 at 07:11.

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    You can look masculine and be feminine. Why don't straight girls all like body builders with tats? Why don't straight guys all like skinny chicks? The answer is that no matter someone's sexuality, they're going to fancy someone different to you. I think your actual question might be why do some people follow sterotypes?
    Lol! I see you don't get it either!! That's worse than my gay friend's explanation!

Racism.
    Mint chocolate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post
    I have watched numerous videos and discussed this with many many people and honestly my brain hurts at the thought of how large the universe is or the fact it could go on forever.
    All sorted if you don’t subscribe to NASA and agree the world is flat. Not a sphere spinning at 1000 mph.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    Why Tapatalk removes all punctuation

I contacted them about this recently and to my surprise they got straight back to me and were very keen to solve it. They asked for a link to a thread where this was happening, and said they couldn’t reproduce the issue at their end. They suggested that this has been solved in the latest version of their software, so the plugin on the forum server needs updating. If anyone is in direct contact with our host, perhaps you could pass this on. They said they’d sent an email about it, but it could easily be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyv View Post
    Not wearing pyjamas.
    Lol, I was going to say that mums wearing slippers are a common tell outside the school near me.

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    Why do farmers insist on putting the gate to their fields at the muddiest corner near the road?
    It's muddy because that is where they go in and out of the gate and churn it up.

Quote Originally Posted by PawG View Post
    Racism.
    Mint chocolate.

Racists who like mint flavoured sweets

Leaving automated smartphone signatures turned on that are basically advertisements.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    Leaving automated smartphone signatures turned on that are basically advertisements.
    I thought it was just me. I even usually remove them when I quote their posts
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Rolex Hulk! Utter shite.
    Panerai, the G-Clamp puts me off!

Quote Originally Posted by eagletower View Post
    Maybe they have a job ?
    Can’t they send their driver?

Quote Originally Posted by Maysie View Post
    It's muddy because that is where they go in and out of the gate and churn it up.
    I think that’s probably a ‘woosh’. ;)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PawG View Post
    Racism.
    Mint chocolate.

People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo73 View Post
    The humour was well and truly missed there :)

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo73 View Post
    Maybe.....
    Or maybe not based on some of the other daft things I hear/read nowadays. ;)

I am an over-sensitive (and over-criticised) farmer!
    Last edited by Maysie; 28th June 2021 at 13:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

brilliant. Must have watched that film a dozen times.

Worrying about a watch battery running out.

People who cannot get over how cheap Speedmasters were years ago.

Teenagers out in the sun in the town - wearing black hoodies with the hoods up.................

Quote Originally Posted by Maysie View Post

This is tooooo easy

Virtue signalling trolls who have to jump in with their goody goody flag waving at every opportunity.
    People who have multiple dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Yes. I do that too.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    Yes. I do that too.
    As above.
    F.T.F.A.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by manganr View Post
    Why do lesbians like women who look as much as possible like men? Not a dig but a genuine thing I don't understand. Surely being a gay girl means you fancy girls? I know a few and they assure me it's about being attracted to the femininity but their girlfriends still look like boyfriends to me??
    Allow the lesbians to assist!

Some women find masculinity in women really attractive.
    They dont find actual blokes attractive but still appreciate the physical attributes like height, broad shoulders, short hair, bit of muscle etc, usually features which are associated with males through social conditioning (and thats all masculinity and femininity actually is, a set of looks and behaviour designated by society as belonging to one or the other of the sexes)

MrsV says - "For me its only masculinity in women that im attracted to. Masculinity in men is a turn off because I'm fundamentally same sex attracted so I wouldnt be interested in a bloke regardless of whether or not he was masculine or feminine. He's a male. I like female.
    The presupposition is that girls are feminine so if youre attracted to girls then you must be attracted to femininity, this isnt the case.
    Im attracted to my own sex, and those who present masculinity within that sex.
    I can see why people are baffled by it but they're confusing gender and sexuality"

Hope that helps.

Added perk: if a lesbian woman goes for a masculine woman she's very unlikely to end up with a bald partner in later life.

Quote Originally Posted by adigra View Post
    People who drive 45mph on a derestricted clear country road, but then continue at the same speed through a 30mph village.
    omg yes, drives me crazy

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post

I consider myself enlightened Verv. A very good explanation. My friends partner is just really unhappy being a woman but feels trapped in a woman's body so is going all out to be a male including the need to grow a beard using medication but I imagine that's a more complex issue.

Anyway, back on track.....Do you know why farmers always put their gates at the muddiest part of the field by the road?? ;D

Master
    Life.

Don't mean to sound morbid but what really is the point, except to procreate and extend pointless existence.

Literally existing for the sake of it.

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by EchoSevenNine View Post
    Life.

Don't mean to sound morbid but what really is the point, except to procreate and extend pointless existence.

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk
    Love. It wouldn’t exist without life and death.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    Worrying about a watch battery running out.
    Ha ha! That is me. Such a tit - Ridiculous isn’t it! Even I do not understand it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Blog Entries

They dont find actual blokes attractive but still appreciate the physical attributes like height, broad shoulders, short hair, bit of muscle etc, usually features which are associated with males through social conditioning (and thats all masculinity and femininity actually is, a set of looks and behaviour designated by society as belonging to one or the other of the sexes)

MrsV says - "For me its only masculinity in women that im attracted to. Masculinity in men is a turn off because I'm fundamentally same sex attracted so I wouldnt be interested in a bloke regardless of whether or not he was masculine or feminine. He's a male. I like female.
    The presupposition is that girls are feminine so if youre attracted to girls then you must be attracted to femininity, this isnt the case.
    I can see why people are baffled by it but they're confusing gender and sexuality"

Hope that helps.
    Same as guys who are attracted to feminine women might not be attracted to feminine guys. Guess we all operate in a similar way, just different preferences is all.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    Teenagers out in the sun in the town - wearing black hoodies with the hoods up.................
    Definitely this. All in the name of 'fashion'.

Master
    Bagels

Quote Originally Posted by klunk View Post
    Bagels
    +1
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by EchoSevenNine View Post
    Life.

IME, it's those who are more perceptive who realise this.

If you think the present is meaningless, the future is an eternity of coldness and darkness.

So you might as well enjoy yourself. Or be nice to others so they can enjoy life.

Craftsman
    Just turned mine off. Never really thought about it

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepie View Post
    Just turned mine off. Never really thought about it

Turned that one off too!!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by klunk View Post
    Bagels
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    +1
    I know another Americanism, as bubbe used to say ‘let beigels be beigels’

Hope that helps.
    Those features are associated with males through biology, it's not just social conditioning. The average male does have broader shoulders than a female.

People walking along holding their phone in front of their face like it was a slice of pizza ... absolutely baffling.

Oh and why smokers think it’s acceptable to drop cigarette butts absolutely anywhere.

Craftsman
    How anyone came to think a photo of their watch taken looking straight down to show their shoes was cool.

Quote Originally Posted by tertius View Post
    People walking along holding their phone in front of their face like it was a slice of pizza ... absolutely baffling.

Oh and why smokers think it’s acceptable to drop cigarette butts absolutely anywhere.
    I blame "the apprentice".
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

In these days of social distancing, and before, but especially now, people standing close behind you in a queue. Not going to get served any quicker.

Things you'll never understand

Quote Originally Posted by Brauner Hund View Post
    How anyone came to think a photo of their watch taken looking straight down to show their shoes was cool.
    What’s wrong with that…

Or the wrist roll.
    It’s not really a TA-DA! moment is it? we know it’s a watch and we know it’s likely to be something bling.
    Actually add in any photo of a watch with other excessive displays of wealth thrown in to the background. I am thinking, cars, cigars, expensive food stuffs, cash etc.
    I don’t get why anyone would want to show off, especially on the internet to people they have never met.
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 29th June 2021 at 13:21.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Those features are associated with males through biology, it's not just social conditioning. The average male does have broader shoulders than a female.
    I take your point but lesbians aren't sleeping with average males.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    Or the wrist roll.
    It’s not really a TA-DA! moment is it? we know it’s a watch and we know it’s likely to be something bling.
    Actually add in any photo of a watch with other excessive displays of wealth thrown in to the background. I am thinking, cars, cigars, expensive food stuffs, cash etc.
    I don’t get why anyone would want to show off, especially on the internet to people they have never met.
    😂 yup! Shoes and the wrist roll!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    In these days of social distancing, and before, but especially now, people standing close behind you in a queue. Not going to get served any quicker.

Never understood this, I stick my elbow out then spin round as if I’m looking for somebody, “oh sorry, didn’t realise somebody was standing so close”
    Had some woman continually bump me in an airport queue, had 10kg of camera equipment in a rucksack and nearly floored her with it, she didn’t do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Brauner Hund View Post
    Even worse, the hand in the trouser pocket.