Page 48 of 57 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,400 of 2840

Thread: Things you'll never understand

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Time to get the famous WhatsApp sex noise video out

Wish I had the balls
    Oh that would have been so good!

TBH the 2 women did their best to ruin every call in the carriage, was amazing.

What is wrong with commuters being silent, wondering why they are doing it? I like that quiet.

This was too good to put the Bose on though!

Master
    Why women, particularly those over 35, continually bang on about being lonely and wanting someone in their lives, then take to online dating and actively ignore every single message they receive.

Quote Originally Posted by Filterlab View Post
    Why women, particularly those over 35, continually bang on about being lonely and wanting someone in their lives, then take to online dating and actively ignore every single message they receive.
    Why would anyone, any age, ever take to online dating at all is a complete head scratcher....

Far too big a risk of coming across a bunny boiler or serial lunatic.......nar thanks

Online shopping mentality

No different than me going onto the Rolex website, looking at stuff I can't afford, then dismissing it for nonsensical reasons anyway even though it's miles out of my league.

Why allegedly professional people who have been given a job, with clear instructions go and do something completely different in a completely separate location (i.e. flatten a live electrical sub station when instructed to strip out the interior of the building next door)

How the next Presidential race is likely to be between Trump and Biden

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    Why allegedly professional people who have been given a job, with clear instructions go and do something completely different in a completely separate location (i.e. flatten a live electrical sub station when instructed to strip out the interior of the building next door)
    Sorry but that brought a smile to my face. Jesus wept.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    Why would anyone, any age, ever take to online dating at all is a complete head scratcher....

Far too big a risk of coming across a bunny boiler or serial lunatic.......nar thanks
    Because some people, like me, really don't have any other avenue left to meet someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Sorry but that brought a smile to my face. Jesus wept.
    If I didn’t laugh I would cry…

Blog Entries
    Mine too, it gets the message across without being overly insulting in a work environment too.

I don't think they even realise they are doing it, as they see, so unaware of everything else around them.

My approach is to either add more speed than they can quickly, or drop it down a few gears, lift off & let the pops & bangs wake them up.

Either way I like when they realise they went over their max speed & suddenly disappear into the distance.

I had one weirdo cone past me at what must have been over 90, then with me maintaining a steady 77mph ended up flying past him, before a couple of minutes later he was speeding past again.

Even my wife commented on his driving & as a passenger she never really paid much attention to the other cars on a motorway.
    Always amuses me when the yout comes steaming down the slip road onto the motorway, in his lowered, 'performance', 80s hatchback with the wheels that cost more than the car and the 4" bore exhaust. Straight out to the third lane, flat out (95mph) for a couple of miles, then drifts back to 65mph and the inside lane before taking the next exit. Halogen days Rodney, halogen days.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Master
    Why, if you drive like an ignorant twat, do you choose to put your company decals on your van?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Always amuses me when the yout comes steaming down the slip road onto the motorway, in his lowered, 'performance', 80s hatchback with the wheels that cost more than the car and the 4" bore exhaust. Straight out to the third lane, flat out (95mph) for a couple of miles, then drifts back to 65mph and the inside lane before taking the next exit. Halogen days Rodney, halogen days.
    You really have got old before your time.

Master
    I wonder if they are scared of how much fuel they are using, I am often of the opinion the alloys are replicas though.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    You really have got old before your time.
    Comedy gold Mick.

Blog Entries
    I wonder if they are scared of how much fuel they are using, I am often of the opinion the alloys are replicas though.
    Wouldn't have thought so, most I've seen don't exactly look like gas guzzlers!

You could be right about the wheels, I wouldn't be able to tell as times have moved on from Woolferace slot mags apparently.

How people actually believe the justifications given by watch companies for price rises. "The exchange rate" "Price of gold" "Inflation" "Price adjustment to random country" etc....

And not just simply "Because you are daft enough to pay it!"

You have just described my nephew - 100%.

Volvo hatchback lowered to within an inch of its life and covered in knock-off eBay body kit parts. The absolute PoS (car) cant even crawl over a speed bump without smacking its sump. Drivers seat reclined to the 'overnight flight' position for the full authentic look.

A colleague of my wife does this and it just bemuses me.

She actually heads out on 'dates' about 2-3x per week and then finds some random spurious fault in every single one of them. The last excuse I heard was 'his arms were too short - he looked like a T-Rex'.

Quote Originally Posted by Maysie View Post

She actually heads out on 'dates' about 2-3x per week and then finds some random spurious fault in every single one of them. The last excuse I heard was 'his arms were too short - he looked like a T-Rex'.
    Does Jordan Pickford's wife know he uses dating sites?
    F.T.F.A.

Blimey, sure T Rex hates push ups but c´mon he´s still the Tyrant Lizard King, and those little arms could bench press 200 kg...Wondering is the dater herself a perfect physical specimen, seems unlikely given her recourse to this dating method, also does she go dutch on bills on these dates.

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Blimey, sure T Rex hates push ups but c´mon he´s still the Tyrant Lizard King, and those little arms could bench press 200 kg...Wondering is the dater herself a perfect physical specimen, seems unlikely given her recourse to this dating method, also does she go dutch on bills on these dates.
    I think your point about her own rating out of 10 would be completely lost on her. Her target male would still need to be perfect though.
    And earn lots of £'s.
    And pay for her meal.
    And fit with her life's objectives (kids, marriage etc).

Honestly, it is just so weird that she can't seem to grasp that attraction goes both ways, and she probably just comes over as a gold digging lunatic looking for the perfect 'Insta-husband'. I guess that is one of the potential problems with 'tick-list' style dating apps.

Because some people, like me, really don't have any other avenue left to meet someone.
    I know a few people who've successfully met via online dating or similar.

It's only an introduction, after all, and seems no more risky than meeting someone in a bar or going a date with a friend of a friend...

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    How people actually believe the justifications given by watch companies for price rises. "The exchange rate" "Price of gold" "Inflation" "Price adjustment to random country" etc....

This, 100%

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    I know a few people who've successfully met via online dating or similar.

It's only an introduction, after all, and seems no more risky than meeting someone in a bar or going a date with a friend of a friend...

M
    Exactly. Met my wife online, been together ten years and married for five. No bunnies boiled.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Things you'll never understand

Quote Originally Posted by Quality Man View Post
    Exactly. Met my wife online, been together ten years and married for five. No bunnies boiled.

I’n fairness she did meet a quality man

Master

LOL!

At 35+ one just has to accept that people aren't perfect.

I am indeed a man of Quality (Management). Maybe my profession allows me to ensure my other half is a quality woman? Probably not, first wife turned out to me a lunatic!

Quote Originally Posted by Quality Man View Post
    I am indeed a man of Quality (Management). Maybe my profession allows me to ensure my other half is a quality woman? Probably not, first wife turned out to me a lunatic!

Quality is defined as ‘fitness for purpose’. It’s a low bar, especially if young.
    "Bite my shiny metal ass."
    - Bender Bending Rodríguez

Quote Originally Posted by stooo View Post
    Quality is defined as ‘fitness for purpose’. It’s a low bar, especially if young.
    Too true.

Master
    Why I am still waiting for my Amazon delivery “four stops away” (about a mile) half an hour later.

EDIT: Message now changed to “The driver has to make a few more deliveries on the way to your address” !!

EDIT AGAIN: Two hour window ends in 3 minutes and he’s still a mile away!!
    Last edited by David_D; 3rd May 2023 at 15:12.

Yep. Or;

'I want a partner who earns more than me, has a higher job level than me, is more intelligent than me, funnier than me and has a bigger house and nicer car than me. Oh and they have to treat me as an equal.....'

Probably those people are looking for people who are the same as them!

Last edited by ryanb741; 3rd May 2023 at 16:29.

Master
    How I can order things from one company on a bank holiday Monday, which arrived yesterday. However the other order elsewhere is yet to be collected but the courier.

Master
    People who drive a new and/or expensive car that comes with hands free as standard but continue to drive and talk with a phone in their hand?

Quote Originally Posted by Estoril-5 View Post
    People who drive a new and/or expensive car that comes with hands free as standard but continue to drive and talk with a phone in their hand?
    Drug dealers on burner phones, if they don't connect them to the cars hands free system, they cant be linked back to them.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Drug dealers on burner phones, if they don't connect them to the cars hands free system, they cant be linked back to them.
    There must be thousands of drug dealers on the M1 every day then.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post

Fully agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by aa388 View Post
    There must be thousands of drug dealers on the M1 every day then.

Loads round my way too, mainly girls in their twenties.

This has made me contemplate whether selling burner phones for image on SC would be a viable business model.

Just saw my wife texting using her left thumb and right index finger. Bizarre.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Just saw my wife texting using her left thumb and right index finger. Bizarre.
    Sounds “all Greek” maybe?

Master
    Why I felt quite as dirty as I did buying 4 bottles of PRIME for my god son. I felt all eyes were on me for profiteering or for being an utter throbber.

Obese female TV presenters / commentators / interviewers parading themselves in stiletto heels. How do their interviewees / co-commentators manage to keep a straight face as their standing host shifts weight from one leg to the other with resultant alternating buttock bulges?
    Last edited by sundial; 12th May 2023 at 10:02.
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

Quote Originally Posted by sundial View Post
    Obese female TV presenters / commentators / interviewers parading themselves in stiletto heels
    Wouldn’t catch them doing that on grass.

Why my mother-in-law feels she is the font of ALL knowledge on every single subject, despite knowing absolutely nothing, nothing at all, of any use, on any subject. It is very clear that her over-opinionated views have not changed on anything, since being in the local Women's Institute in 1975.

I also do not understand why, despite knowing sweet FA about anything, she then continues to argue on every single subject (which she knows nothing about), therefore ruining every conversation taking place around her.
    NOT EVERYTHING IS ABOUT YOU!
    Last edited by Maysie; 12th May 2023 at 11:06. Reason: Institute, not Lib!

Why my mother-in-law feels she is the font of ALL knowledge on every single subject, despite knowing absolutely nothing, nothing at all, of any use, on any subject. It is very clear that her over-opinionated views have not changed on anything, since being in the local Women's Lib in 1975.

I also do not understand why, despite knowing sweet FA about anything, she then continues to argue on every single subject (which she knows nothing about), therefore ruining every conversation taking place around her.
    I can relate to that. ”Often wrong but never uncertain.”

Why my mother-in-law feels she is the font of ALL knowledge on every single subject, despite knowing absolutely nothing, nothing at all, of any use, on any subject. It is very clear that her over-opinionated views have not changed on anything, since being in the local Women's Lib in 1975.

Send her this in the family WhatsApp the night before going over for Sunday dinner.

Why my mother-in-law feels she is the font of ALL knowledge on every single subject, despite knowing absolutely nothing, nothing at all, of any use, on any subject. It is very clear that her over-opinionated views have not changed on anything, since being in the local Women's Institute in 1975.

Sounds remarkably familiar in these parts.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

My brothers Mil is the same. I got fed up and now just instantly agree with everything. It shortens conversations with the opinionated old bag and doesn't get my pressure up.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by subseastu View Post
    My brothers Mil is the same. I got fed up and now just instantly agree with everything. It shortens conversations with the opinionated old bag and doesn't get my pressure up.
    You're given a chance to agree? Count yourself lucky!

(Actually, the above is for the pleasure of a "bon mot", I am lucky enough to have a fairly ideal MiL)
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.