closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 35 of 57 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,750 of 2841

Thread: Things you'll never understand

Blog Entries
    Tiffany blue.

It's a pretty enough colour in terms of looking at a clear blue sky but it always looks cheap and plasticy on a watch to me.

Why the police and other emergency services are not allowed to say the word "car"......................?

It has to be a "vehicle"

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Why people on grand designs spend a fortune and many years of sweat and toil building a house with massive windows yet dont seem to think to put up curtains, blinds or something to prevent people from seeing in. How do these people get a cup of tea in the morning or even just sit and watch TV in the evening? Must be like living in a goldfish bowl.
    Or the ones that go on Embarrassing Bodies because they are shy to go to the Doctors and get there tackle out.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Halitosis View Post
    This sort of behaviour at airport security
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    What caused the pile-up though? Big bottleneck at an understaffed security gate?
    Here's the explanation:

Diamond cut alloys and low profile tyres. If you make a mistake and misjudge your parking against a low kerb by an inch or two you’re looking at an unsightly mess and a very expensive repair! Bring back fat tyres, steel wheels and plastic wheel covers!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Men heading off to grand national in nice suits and cheap court jester shoes

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    Diamond cut alloys and low profile tyres. If you make a mistake and misjudge your parking against a low kerb by an inch or two you’re looking at an unsightly mess and a very expensive repair! Bring back fat tyres, steel wheels and plastic wheel covers!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I had that with my Honda Civic the tyres stuck out the same amount as the wheels and I kerbed them a few times my new car has diamond cut alloys but the tyres stick out 1/2 in further than the wheels so all good so far probably jinxed myself now though

TV programs where not very bright people with unnaturally white teeth get put on islands/in hotels and get filmed trying to shag each other while people in grim living rooms watch the animal urges and inane conversations in the name of entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    TV programs where not very bright people with unnaturally white teeth get put on islands/in hotels and get filmed trying to shag each other while people in grim living rooms watch the animal urges and inane conversations in the name of entertainment.
    Why not decorate?

Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    Men heading off to grand national in nice suits and cheap court jester shoes
    I have never understood how Poo flicker shoes have become so popular, the wearers also tend to not understand what shoe polish is for.
    Don’t get me started on a grey suit and brown Poo flicker shoes…

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    Was a time it was a bit naughty watching that stuff.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

People who allow their dogs to foul pavements and parks and dont bother to clean it up. It doesnt just vanish by itself, usually some poor sod has to clean up after you or some poor child or person playing sports ends up stepping in it.

People who allow their dogs to foul pavements and parks and dont bother to clean it up. It doesnt just vanish by itself, usually some poor sod has to clean up after you or some poor child or person playing sports ends up stepping in it.
    Equally those who do bag it and then leave the bag by the side of the footpath or hang it from a bush/tree - do they imagine the Wombles come out at night and pick all of their bags up?

... do they imagine the Wombles come out at night and pick all of their bags up?

[These dog-fouling types just don't give a toss about anyone else, the same with those who litter, destroy property, etc. So many of them out there these days, they almost seem like the majority.]

Blog Entries
    I walk my dog on our village playing field sometimes. I'm always amazed by the amount of empty plastic bottles and food wrappers around the childrens play areas. It can't just be the children leaving them as most go there with their parents. Unfortunately my dog thinks a plastic bottle counts as a valid retrieve, and insists on bringing them to me. So then I have a dilemma, if I drop it I feel as though it's now my litter, so have to carry them to the bin! Always make sure I've got some hand sanitiser with me now, those that drop them probably aren't the cleanest sorts you know.

Master
    Raisins, sultanas and dried fruit generally. Horrible texture on their own or as an ingredient.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    I walk my dog on our village playing field sometimes. I'm always amazed by the amount of empty plastic bottles and food wrappers around the childrens play areas. It can't just be the children leaving them as most go there with their parents. Unfortunately my dog thinks a plastic bottle counts as a valid retrieve, and insists on bringing them to me. So then I have a dilemma, if I drop it I feel as though it's now my litter, so have to carry them to the bin! Always make sure I've got some hand sanitiser with me now, those that drop them probably aren't the cleanest sorts you know.
    Not sure why that should be a dilemma. There’s obviously a bin there so where’s the harm in depositing any bottles or other litter you find there? Or even better, in a recycling facility? Yes, it’s not your litter but if we all just ignore the litter in our neighbourhoods then the problem gets worse. I’m not being hypocritical here as I collect the litter I find on the canal near my home. As a dog owner I’m always picking up glass bottles, otherwise some scrote will smash them on the footpath.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    Not sure why that should be a dilemma. There’s obviously a bin there so where’s the harm in depositing any bottles or other litter you find there? Or even better, in a recycling facility? Yes, it’s not your litter but if we all just ignore the litter in our neighbourhoods then the problem gets worse. I’m not being hypocritical here as I collect the litter I find on the canal near my home. As a dog owner I’m always picking up glass bottles, otherwise some scrote will smash them on the footpath.
    I suppose the dilemma is why should I clear up after scummy people who are too lazy to walk five yards to a bin.
    Although I invariably end up doing so I don’t enjoy having to.

We need to train Litter Dogs.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Why not decorate?
    Probably because they spend too much time watching celebrity Love Island

Blog Entries
    We need to train Litter Dogs.
    Preferably someone else's dogs. My spaniel is already on it, and I'm sure he knows it pees me off.

Craftsman
    Guys who don’t lift the seat on public toilets and leave them covered in pee. You can guarantee they’ll be furious if they pop in for “other business” and have to clear up someone else’s mess, but don’t seem to make the connection.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Why some woman insist on doing their makeup on the tube. That said some of the transformations are remarkable.

Edit: and… why is the a bloke clipping his nails whilst standing on a train platform
    Who carries nail clippers with them and could he not have done it at home?
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 14th April 2022 at 09:24.

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Raisins, sultanas and dried fruit generally. Horrible texture on their own or as an ingredient.
    Mmm peanuts and raisins... super food😂

Equally those who do bag it and then leave the bag by the side of the footpath or hang it from a bush/tree - do they imagine the Wombles come out at night and pick all of their bags up?
    That's an easy one to explain, and it's common practice with dog walkers. Often a walk with the dog will be from and to the same place e.g. home. If that's the case, and your dog slides one out at the start of the walk, it's very possible you'll be back to that spot towards the end of the walk. Bagging it and leaving it there to collect on your way back makes far more sense than carrying it around with you for the duration of the walk.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Toshi View Post
    That's an easy one to explain, and it's common practice with dog walkers. Often a walk with the dog will be from and to the same place e.g. home. If that's the case, and your dog slides one out at the start of the walk, it's very possible you'll be back to that spot towards the end of the walk. Bagging it and leaving it there to collect on your way back makes far more sense than carrying it around with you for the duration of the walk.
    Except many don’t!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    Mmm peanuts and raisins... super food
    🤮

Not to people who have to walk past that bag of dog muck it doesnt or children who may touch it not realising what it is!

Whats wrong with people these days!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Why do some dog owners think it’s acceptable to leave s*** on a kids playing field.

Only makes more sense to a selfish dog owner, to everyone else it's just gross and a health hazard.

Master
    Blog Entries
    EXCEPT you don’t, otherwise we wouldn’t see bushes littered with dog ####

Craftsman
    Just went for a checkup at the dentist, and was reminded of my unanswered question -- why are dentist's assistants uniformly gorgeous? My high street looks like 'World War Z', my dentist is a fat, balding emigrée, yet every three years he gets the winner of Germany's Next Top Model to come and look at people's dodgy teeth...

Blog Entries
    Not to people who have to walk past that bag of dog muck it doesnt or children who may touch it not realising what it is!

Whats wrong with people these days!
    They're obviously stupid if they don't realise what it is, that's what's wrong with people these days.

I see you're still on your anti-dog crusade, how many years is that now?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    EXCEPT you don’t, otherwise we wouldn’t see bushes littered with dog ####
    In my experience most do.

Like most people don't litter. And most people don't speed in 30 mph zones. And most people don't burgle other peoples houses. And most people don't sell kids drugs.

But there are always exceptions.

They're obviously stupid if they don't realise what it is, that's what's wrong with people these days.

I see you're still on your anti-dog crusade, how many years is that now?
    Yes those stupid children who dont understand that people would let a dog drop a turd and then tie it up in a bag and hang it from a bush, its all the kids fault. Blame the schools.

What anti dog crusade is this you speak of by the way, I am pretty sure its not the dogs tying up bags of poo and hanging it from bushes.

Master
    I was at the petrol station earlier today, filling up as you do.
    I cast my gaze across the forecourt and noticed that a lady had pulled up at the Air bay to fill her tyres with air.
    The lady went around her car, kicking and pushing with her foot at the 12 o clock mark of each tyre. She then proceeded to fill each tyre with air.
    Now, I have not seen this novel way of checking tyre pressure since the 70s.

Does it still work?

Bag it up for the walk, winter hand warmer...
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by in_denial View Post
    Just went for a checkup at the dentist, and was reminded of my unanswered question -- why are dentist's assistants uniformly gorgeous? My high street looks like 'World War Z', my dentist is a fat, balding emigrée, yet every three years he gets the winner of Germany's Next Top Model to come and look at people's dodgy teeth...
    It’s because hood can’t wear the his white gold Daytona to work so needs something equally nice to look at all day.

Quote Originally Posted by in_denial View Post
    Dentists alway look down in the mouth.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    Dentists alway look down in the mouth.
    Yes it is an unful-filling job.

Master
    The name Siobhan.

Stupid spelling and unreasonable pronunciation.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post
    The name Siobhan.

People who can't be arsed with languages besides English.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by eoghan101 View Post

People who expect others to know what a VOG-L29 is.

Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post
    The name Siobhan.

You’ll love her sister, Letitia

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    You’ll love her sister, Letitia
    Nah, her cousin Niamh is much nicer

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Nah, her cousin Niamh is much nicer
    I’ve got the lot as cousins back home in Ireland.

Before I deleted FB it was a nightmare, they’d all changed their names back to the Gaelic versions.

Master

Craftsman
    People who expect others to know what a VOG-L29 is.
    Why taptalk adds that at the bottom of posts.

Why taptalk adds that at the bottom of posts.

Me > Settings > Signature > Off

In my experience most do.

Like most people don't litter. And most people don't speed in 30 mph zones. And most people don't burgle other peoples houses. And most people don't sell kids drugs.

But there are always exceptions.
    MOST people don't speed in 30 mph zones???

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk