closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Buying from eBay or Chrono24

Buying from eBay or Chrono24

I've done almost all my watch buying from either the forum or new. With what seems like a slow Sales Corner and my WTB not working out, I'm now considering going off forum and buying elsewhere.

I think my main worry is ending up with a super-fake. After doing some research, the watch I'm after (BB58) has such a close fake version (apparently called a ZFv2) that I would be hard pressed to tell the difference by photos.

Anyone got any advice about navigating the eBay/Chrono24 minefield...do you feel confident buying there? How much would you need to be saving off RRP to be looking secondhand versus just buying new from an AD?

My local AD has them on window display for general sale. I passed by last week and saw both the blue and og.

If you're interested drop me a pm and I'll let you know the AD

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    For the BB it's common enough to just go to somewhere like Chronext, Iconic, WF or find one at a UK "grey" dealer who advertises on Chrono24 and go direct to their website.

Quote Originally Posted by Scepticalist View Post
    For the BB it's common enough to just go to somewhere like Chronext, Iconic, WF or find one at a UK "grey" dealer who advertises on Chrono24 and go direct to their website.
    Quite a lot of those places seem to unreasonably be charging RRP or above. I'm torn between saving a couple of hundred by buying from a private individual or just getting one from an AD. Problem is, I don't think I'm a very trusting person and when I see adverts from private sellers there always seems to be something that makes me not want to trust them...things like...why are they selling this after only a month of owning it? etc.

I'm also trying to weigh up how much saving is worth buying from a private individual versus just going out and buying new.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Buy it new.
    Sounds like if you buy used you'll have a permanent niggle about fakery which will negate the "pleasure" of finding it below RRP.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Buy it new.
    Sounds like if you buy used you'll have a permanent niggle about fakery which will negate the "pleasure" of finding it below RRP.
    I’d second Verv’s comment - even if you’re a flipper, they hold their value so well you’re not likely to take a bath on it.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Buy it new.
    This ^^^^^^^^ Excellent advice